• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't buy that
I'm not trolling.

But, that's called being in denial.

Outside of Cavs fans, and maybe some Sixers fans, nobody wants this to NOT be true more than me.

But, it probably is.

If the Cavs don't get him some major help....

He gone.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trolling.

Outside of Cavs fans, and maybe some Sixers fans, nobody wants this to NOT be true more than me.

But, it probably is.

He gone.

You forgot somebody...:tsk:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trolling.

But, it probably is.

He gone.

Maybe I'm in denial, but from what I hear. Just saying I'll believe it, when I see it.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, we can all agree that Windhorst is a LeBron insider, right?

According to him, Spurs and Rockets are out and Philly is basically just an afterthought.

Unless something changes, LeBron is going to the Lakers...

With or without Kawhi or George.

Could that change?

Sure.

But, as of now...Lakers.

Brian Windhorst: “My feel is that LeBron James is not picking up his player option – that LeBron is going into unrestricted free agency, and that will result basically in San Antonio and Houston being out of the mix. I think he will interact with [San Antonio and Houston], but I think it’s Philadelphia, Cleveland or Los Angeles [Lakers], with Cleveland or L.A. being the two real choices and Philly sort of being there.”

Brian Windhorst: “Right now, I’m 51 percent LeBron to [the Lakers], regardless of Paul George or Kawhi Leonard… if I was percentage-wise, I would say 51 percent [to] L.A., 40 percent [to stay in] Cleveland and 9 percent [to] Philadelphia. That’s where I’m at right now.”

–via ESPN

Shouldn't be shocking at all.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't buy that, he is going to join a team with a bunch of young guys.

James knows if he goes to the Lakers.....another max guy will sign there too. He knows how much power his signing would mean to other guys wanting to try and win.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trolling.

But, it probably is.

He gone.

This x100.

And unfortunately there's no way the Cavs can make the kind of improvements they'd need to for James to stay.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If LeBron goes there then the Lakers are probably trading a lot of those guys.

Still, LeBron wanted JR and TT. How can he complain about not having help when he's the reason why they don't have any cap room to sign anyone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron goes there then the Lakers are probably trading a lot of those guys.

Still, LeBron wanted JR and TT. How can he complain about not having help when he's the reason why they don't have any cap room to sign anyone.

Why would they trade the young guys? This is the Lakers not the shitshow Cavs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm inclined to agree with you to an extent and a 51% lean to the Lakers is hardly overwhelming.

Something that I think you and some of the other Cavs fans are missing though, is that just because Lebron comes to the Lakers alone, doesn't mean things stay that way.

It isn't like the Lakers only have cap space to sign Lebron and can't do anything else to build around him.

As @DJ points out, if Lebron goes to the Lakers, another max guy will join him. If not this year, then next year. Additionally, they will still need to add some other MLE/Vet min. type guys to fill out the roster. Pretty sure Lebron would be consulted on those.

Additionally, Lebron is 33 years old and a lot closer to the end of his career than the beginning. With businesses and homes in LA, he may be looking to set himself and his family up for life after basketball?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear KAT isn't very happy in Minne. Wouldn't mind trading a few assets for him. Plenty of opportunities could arise if LeBron comes here. He has a lot of options signing with LA, he can play with the Lakers youth (which he hasn't done in his career but there's the option) if not then he has plenty of assets the franchise could use to create an LA superteam, or maybe a mix.

A lot of things open up when you have cap space, assets and LeBron on your team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm inclined to agree with you to an extent and a 51% lean to the Lakers is hardly overwhelming.

Something that I think you and some of the other Cavs fans are missing though, is that just because Lebron comes to the Lakers alone, doesn't mean things stay that way.

It isn't like the Lakers only have cap space to sign Lebron and can't do anything else to build around him.

As @DJ points out, if Lebron goes to the Lakers, another max guy will join him. If not this year, then next year. Additionally, they will still need to add some other MLE/Vet min. type guys to fill out the roster. Pretty sure Lebron would be consulted on those.

Additionally, Lebron is 33 years old and a lot closer to the end of his career than the beginning. With businesses and homes in LA, he may be looking to set himself and his family up for life after basketball?

To be clear, Lebron isn’t waiting for a max guy NEXT year, he would stay with the Cavs this year and wait until next year. He is in win mode every year. I think it is over about Lebron is waiting for PG or Kawhi to LA then if one of those two things happens, I think he is gone. I doubt he goes before one of the two, bc going by history he usually waits until everytime folds out. July 8-11 is his timeline

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, we can all agree that Windhorst is a LeBron insider, right?

According to him, Spurs and Rockets are out and Philly is basically just an afterthought.

Unless something changes, LeBron is going to the Lakers...

With or without Kawhi or George.

Could that change?

Sure.

But, as of now...Lakers.

Brian Windhorst: “My feel is that LeBron James is not picking up his player option – that LeBron is going into unrestricted free agency, and that will result basically in San Antonio and Houston being out of the mix. I think he will interact with [San Antonio and Houston], but I think it’s Philadelphia, Cleveland or Los Angeles [Lakers], with Cleveland or L.A. being the two real choices and Philly sort of being there.”

Brian Windhorst: “Right now, I’m 51 percent LeBron to [the Lakers], regardless of Paul George or Kawhi Leonard… if I was percentage-wise, I would say 51 percent [to] L.A., 40 percent [to stay in] Cleveland and 9 percent [to] Philadelphia. That’s where I’m at right now.”

–via ESPN

I think someone needs to check Windy's internet history. If he's been looking at LA real estate, we know for sure Lebron is gone. That dude has followed him everywhere. He ain't leaving that gravy train just yet

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm in denial, but from what I hear. Just saying I'll believe it, when I see it.

Honestly,

I see zero difference between Cleveland and LA as they are with no other stars for the short term.

Neither would have a snowball's chance in hell of beating the Warriors. But, at least LA offers more flexibility and upside for the future.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all if you have seen Lebron throughout his career he values veteran players, always has, reason why he made 8 straight Finals. Secondly, they will have to give up young players if they want Kawhi