• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed the re-sign Randle part. Yeah, I'd part with Josh Hart for that.

I have not done the math,

But it seems from what people have been saying is that Deng's contract is the one thing standing in the way of enough cap space to sign 2 guys without renouncing Randle's cap hold.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But it seems from what people have been saying is that Deng's contract is the one thing standing in the way of enough cap space to sign 2 guys without renouncing Randle's cap hold.

That's my understanding as well. If they just want to sign 2 max guys, they only have to stretch Deng.

But if they want to re-sign Randle or bring in a 3rd max guy via trade, they have to get his contract completely off the books.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....looks like Q was right.

But, it's gonna cost ya.....

The Atlanta Hawks are open to using their cap space to absorb a bad contract in return for either young asset(s) or first-round draft picks. The worse the contract, the higher the compensation Atlanta would seek.

– viaThe Athletic

I'd say Q was partally right. Bryant isn't exactly an asset. He's just a dude. Atlanta can find guys like that with their own picks late in the draft or in the G-League. I don't see them taking on a bad contract for a player like that and the 25th pick. But the 25th and someone like Hart who has shown promise might do it. Or maybe the 25th pick and some future protected picks since they are trying to acquire assets. Point is if I'm Atlanta, I'm not taking on a bad contract where I get back some average guy when I could sign some off the street just as good.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i'm the Lakers I'd send Deng, Hart, and the 25th pick to open up space. Or, see if they could a sign and trade deal with IT/Brooke Lopez and Deng.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i'm the Lakers I'd send Deng, Hart, and the 25th pick to open up space. Or, see if they could a sign and trade deal with IT/Brooke Lopez and Deng.

Not enough.

And Lopez and busted hip IT aren't really the type of assets you can sign and trade while attaching a bad contract too. There is a a really good chance they will end up being bad contracts for whoever they sign with.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Q was partally right. Bryant isn't exactly an asset. He's just a dude. Atlanta can find guys like that with their own picks late in the draft or in the G-League. I don't see them taking on a bad contract for a player like that and the 25th pick. But the 25th and someone like Hart who has shown promise might do it. Or maybe the 25th pick and some future protected picks since they are trying to acquire assets. Point is if I'm Atlanta, I'm not taking on a bad contract where I get back some average guy when I could sign some off the street just as good.

Yeah, that's not going to get it done.

If the cost of dealing Parsons is #4, you aren't getting off that Deng deal for a end of the round 1st and a bench Dude.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers need to cut $4-5M to sign George and Lebron to $65M and keep Randle's cap hold AFTER stretching Deng. They need to cut an additional 500K each to keep Bryant and Zubac as well. If they dump Deng's contract without taking any salary back, they can keep all 3 (if they can agree to a deal with Randle, of course).

Minor note: Lakers can also keep Caruso, who will be on the 2nd year of his 2-way deal (so not a part of the salary cap).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's not going to get it done.

If the cost of dealing Parsons is #4, you aren't getting off that Deng deal for a end of the round 1st and a bench Dude.

If the cost of dealing Parsons is #4, I'm keeping Parsons.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm assuming most Lakers fans here are rating Randle below Ingram, Ball, and Kuzma? Simply for his defensive ability, I'm putting him over at least Kuzma.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm assuming most Lakers fans here are rating Randle below Ingram, Ball, and Kuzma? Simply for his defensive ability, I'm putting him over at least Kuzma.

Everyone seems to rate them differently. Some have Kuzma at the top. Ball and Randle are probably at the bottom for most with Ingram and Kuzma a level above.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he is significantly better than Kuzma.

The thing is you will have to pay Randle 20 some million. Kuzma still really cheap.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone seems to rate them differently. Some have Kuzma at the top. Ball and Randle are probably at the bottom for most with Ingram and Kuzma a level above.

Nobody outside of a few LA homers rate Kuzma ahead of Ball.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Um....

The Warriors?

They would be on roughly equal footing with GS depending on which players each team can land to fill out their remaining rosters. I won't assume this team would be better though. Could go either way.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um....

The Warriors?

They would be on roughly equal footing with GS depending on which players each team can land to fill out their remaining rosters. I won't assume this team would be better though. Could go either way.

Depending ln who else is on the roster they would have 3 guys that can create their own shot, all 3 nasty defenders, especially Kawhi. I mean Lebron by himself almost took two games from the W’s. Kawhi on KD is best matchup you can have. But the key is a Lebron not having to guard the best player or chase Curry or Klay around. It would take time like any team but it helps PG and Lebron have played a lot of ball together for not being on the same team.

I doubt this trio happens honestly. The Spurs control Kawhi

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um....

The Warriors?

Agree. Those 3 on the Lakers probably make them 1b to the Warriors 1a. Or a close #2 to the Warriors #1.

Then, as you mention, it would come down to what the Lakers and Warriors can do to fill out the rest of the roster.

Worst case, they would be the #2 team for this coming season and then we see what happens after that when the Warriors may have some tough decisions to make financially.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have actually heard that Ball is out if Lebron James is in. I heard a Ball swap for Lebron could happen. Now I dont understand that bc they could sign Lebron with a trade. That would be great for Cleveland just doesn’t make sense lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one write's opinion and I don't much like any of these scenerios.

Trade packages that could land the Lakers Kawhi Leonard

That is funny.

Because it was clearly written by a Laker homer. The "realistic" proposal should be the best case, and the worst case should look something like this:

Ball, Ingram, Hart and a 1st (no Deng)

If you don't like any of the proposals listed, then you don't want the Lakers to be a contender any time soon. They can get there, but it will take bold moves.