• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When does this shit end?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Sun Devils.

But going into the Ducks game, the Huskies had the Top rated D in the PAC, but also one of the Top offenses in the NCAA. That's why we are so shell shocked right now. We could understand losing down in Tempe in a close one. But this was an absolute massacre. We laid down and died yesterday. It's inexcusable given the roster we have and how far Sark is in his tenure.

I've supported him through his slow rebuild of this team and dealt with the ups and downs. But the 2012 season felt like the last mulligan he was to be afforded. That if you can't get to 8 wins by the 5th year of a coaching tenure at UW with nothing holding you back like sanctions or AD dysfunction, then you need to go. This is the first one that makes me seriously wonder if he needs to go because there is no excuse besides bad coaching for this one. And we have too much invested in this program to expect mediocrity in the long run and excuses.

Sarks burned through the last of my patience with what happened yesterday. Sickens me it comes to this because I really wanted to see him succeed here. 7-5 seasons and blowout loses to teams we match well with are just not the result we strive for at UW. We expect more given the amount of support this program has and what's provided to the coaches here. Even after a day to let the emotions calm down, I'm still sick to my stomach about this.

While of course the million dollar question is who do we replace him. I don't know at this point. We'll just have to see how the rest of the season goes and who could be available.

Sucks. I wish so badly it didn't have to come to this and according to Paul Finenbaum, Sark is USCs #1 target as a new coach. Not entirely shocking if true, but I figured Del Rio was #1. And that crap just makes the situation worse because it makes everything a million times more complicated.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks. I wish so badly it didn't have to come to this and according to Paul Finenbaum, Sark is USCs #1 target as a new coach. Not entirely shocking if true, but I figured Del Rio was #1. And that crap just makes the situation worse because it makes everything a million times more complicated.

USC is already a 7 win team, what will Sark do for them?

I'm kind of joking. But isn't this a far cry from a few weeks ago when we were all worried about USC coming for him? I'm starting to wonder if that would be a blessing.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All im saying is when Price threw that TD pass it was 29-14, you guys had momentum and then a dumb penalty which was a weak call I will admit but would of been called by most officials a late jump on the pile gave us an extension to our drive which than ended up giving us a field goal and momentum came back to us. That is the same shit we had with Erickson. Graham is a much more discipline coach than Sark. Sark is a great recruiter and I think hes a great coach, but there has to be better discipline. 8 penalties you wont win many road games especially when they were huge penalties that extended our drives. I think UW is cool, what you guys have done to Uofa over the years in all sports is awesome. I just don't know if Sark is the right guy for the job once again excellent recruiter and coach, just the discipline I don't think is there and the heart as well.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the worst effort by a UW team in years. Not because of the result because we have had far worse, but because the talent level of the team didn't even come close to matching that effort.

While everyone is dumping on the defense and how many points they allowed, to me that loss was purely the offense. How many 3 and outs did they have in the first half? The defense held them time and time again to either 3 or a punt despite not getting ANY HELP AT ALL from the offense. The TOP was very lopsided in that half and the defense was gassed before half time.

You cannot run the uptempo stuff and win with an offense as bad as that. Price was worse than he was last year when he was forcing things. That to me was one of his worst games of his career.

Sure, I blame Sark for the lack of effort and the lack of execution, but I take back everything I said about KP after the Stanford game. I CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM TO BE GONE!!!!!!

This team really really really needs to move on from the Keith Price era. I don't give two shits how many school records he sets as a passer. He is garbage on the road for the most part and has killed this team time and time again. I'd rather lose with a RSF throwing picks and taking his lumps as a rookie, but trying his ass off than to keep watching that pathetic underachiever.

Sark? I really don't know yet. This 5th yr sr class was the first class recruited on the back of the 0-12 season and was thrown together on short notice. Half of that class was JC transfers that have long since been gone and they didn't bring in any OL. They have talent now, far too much to take this type of beating on the road and that is coaching. I'm still not sure what this teams ceiling is under him. Get rid of him? At this point I wouldn't argue if they found someone else worth getting.

The defense? Again, that effort last night can't be hung entirely on the defense itself when they aren't getting any fucking help at all by the offense. Wilcox is doing some good work there. It still sucks it took Sark so long to get rid of Holt, but the defense is still 3 years behind in rebuilding because of it. Wilcox has only had input on defensive recruits for two cycles now and I don't think any of the ones they have picked up are starting yet. Kind of hard to judge him on Holt's kids isn't it?

Summation: GET KEITH FUCKING PRICE OUT OF THIS SCHOOL DAMN IT, Replace Sark if you can find a really good candidate to replace him with, and don't do anything to the defense until Wilcox has had enough time to finish rebuilding it. It is miles ahead of where Holt was with it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're in agreement on Price, for sure.

The guy can put up stats, but he's like a mid-major quality QB playing in the PAC. The guy just chokes bad on the road too much against big boy quality Ds.

As for Sark, let's just see what happens the rest of the season. He's a very good recruiter and he's got a great coaching staff in place. We've had no problems with NCAA violations and besides token DUI stuff like ASJ, the program has represented the school well.

I'm really torn here on him going or not. I believe he wants to succeed here. Losses like this, at this time, are just so hard to take.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we have our head coach waiting in the wings if indeed Sark goes on the hot seat after that ASU debacle. If Sark goes, I'd venture to think Wilcox will get his shot.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. A couple days later and I've cooled off a bit.

I'm going to go ahead and step back from the fire Sark talk. I don't know if it's really deserved at this point. The fact is he's grown on me and he did pull us out of the abyss. I think it's likely he goes to USC anyway and if so I wish him all the best except when we play them.

As everyone has already said it was just a very disheartening loss, a common occurrence in his tenure. :noidea:

The biggest problem with this team atm imo is the pass blocking. We all thought we would be much better with more experience and healthy players. We are, against 2nd tier competition. Against the big boys our pass blocking looks like a bunch of JV highschoolers.

Please fix this...

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fear the Fork

I think you guys completely underestimated ASU. You cant just trot into Tempe and expect a win. ASU is a good team and underestimated this season. You guys just think the Pac 12 South is a joke minus UCLA. ASU is a legit Pac 12 contender especially at home. I was not surprised at all. Wake up call.

Fear the Fork don't underestimate. 8-0 vs UW

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. Not only do we have to get non stopped trolled by ducks, but now ASU is piling on.

Two teams who have never accomplished jack shit. Biggest achievements ever is a big streak against UW.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're in agreement on Price, for sure.

The guy can put up stats, but he's like a mid-major quality QB playing in the PAC. The guy just chokes bad on the road too much against big boy quality Ds.

As for Sark, let's just see what happens the rest of the season. He's a very good recruiter and he's got a great coaching staff in place. We've had no problems with NCAA violations and besides token DUI stuff like ASJ, the program has represented the school well.

I'm really torn here on him going or not. I believe he wants to succeed here. Losses like this, at this time, are just so hard to take.

He (Sark) said it himself, he wants to be here longer then Coach James was and he want to win to National Titles, with that said he needs to take this coaching staff and take a serious hard look at personal. I would go to a two QB system right now, Price thanks but its time for the future to also get his feet wet, Myles needs PT, no more sub in when Price goes down, let thiis kid come in for more series, OL if you don't have a coach that understands the true meaning of zone blocking then don't run it! You have one of the biggest goddamn OL in the Nation, line up and block man on man for christ sake, thats how the game was invented, no more scheme blockling, that just confuses the crap out of kids.....

And I would call in both Wiiliams and ASJ into the office and point out one simple fact, you two want to be high draft picks? Then start living up to the hype, make frickn plays, its that simple....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. A couple days later and I've cooled off a bit.

I'm going to go ahead and step back from the fire Sark talk. I don't know if it's really deserved at this point. The fact is he's grown on me and he did pull us out of the abyss. I think it's likely he goes to USC anyway and if so I wish him all the best except when we play them.

As everyone has already said it was just a very disheartening loss, a common occurrence in his tenure. :noidea:

The biggest problem with this team atm imo is the pass blocking. We all thought we would be much better with more experience and healthy players. We are, against 2nd tier competition. Against the big boys our pass blocking looks like a bunch of JV highschoolers.

Please fix this...
Sark is the football equivalent of Romar. Respectable coach who knows how to recruit skill players, but has no sense of imposing discipline in his players and can't find bigs to save his ass. I don't know if Sark can ever get things rolling to the point where they can reach Oregon status, but my best guess is he can't for the above reasons. He took way too long to hold Holt accountable for his defense, I think he has stuck with Price for too long without doing anything to the kid when he messes up, and he hasn't done much to recruit quality guys on the line.

Should he be fired right now? Probably not, but can he take them to an 11 win season? I really doubt it. If he doesn't manage a win against either OSU or UCLA his seat should be red hot next season and how good can he do then with so many leaving this year?

Any thought of Sark leaving for USC probably left after that ASU game. They already had their 7 win mediocre HC out of the Carroll fork. Why on earth would they take another one?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should he be fired right now? Probably not, but can he take them to an 11 win season? I really doubt it. If he doesn't manage a win against either OSU or UCLA his seat should be red hot next season and how good can he do then with so many leaving this year?

I agree. Losses to both of those teams and 7 wins is our best hope again. Next year isn't looking good. If he survives this year I certainly don't see him surviving next year *If* we don't win 8+ this year and compete well in our bowl.

Next year is going to be a down year no matter how you slice it.

Any thought of Sark leaving for USC probably left after that ASU game. They already had their 7 win mediocre HC out of the Carroll fork. Why on earth would they take another one?

USC is sone with their sanctions correct, or is there 1 more year of scholarship reductions? It may well be Sark just can't get it done here because he can't recruit well at every position. People making the decisions might see it that way and assume he will do better at USC just because it is USC. Who knows. They hired Kiffin with less good reasons than they could go after Sark for. Sark is a better coach than kiffin, I personally have no doubt of that.

I agree the loss to ASU could very well have hurt him.

I do know that when coaches talk about not going anywhere I have no faith in their words at all. They say these things because they basically have to atm the questions are posed.

I see 0 reason why Sark would stay at UW if indeed he is offered the position at USC.

Time will tell. Can't say my feelings will be hurt either way.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then the question becomes if Sark would really leave what he has here for USC, could Mora be talked into coming back up here? That was brought up on the radio not long ago and they reminded us that UW was Mora's dream job. He does have some recruiting advantages down there, but he went to jr and sr high up here and went to UW for 4 years. James gave him his first taste of coaching as a GA before he went on to the pros.

I think it's a stretch to see either of these guys leave their current jobs, but if you could say goodbye to Sark and hello to Mora would you take that deal today? For me that is still a tough question as Sark has done an outstanding job of recruiting skill players and we don't yet know how Mora does over the long run of many recruiting cycles. Sark has failed thus far to get quality kids on both lines, but he is being judged off his first and second recruiting cycles for both lines and they were on the heels of the willingham era. He was able to get skill guys right away, but didn't start getting good linemen until a few years later and you just don't put kids on the line in early. They really need a couple of years of conditioning and practice before you throw them in a Pac12 game.

I would say after last weeks game I'd edge out taking Mora and the uncertainty now over what we know we have with Sark, but that opinion could change.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a stretch to see either of these guys leave their current jobs, but if you could say goodbye to Sark and hello to Mora would you take that deal today?

I would. Yes.

Mora has a defensive background and that suits me better than a head coach with an offensive background.

Show me where to sign to get the deal done. :suds:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Mora right now, no question. Sadly, I think UW lost their shot at him.