• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I found this interesting.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So I drive a 2021 Outback Limited XT. When the wife and first got it we both stated this thing drives better than the Avalon we traded in. And I here or read where a lot of people state that Subaru engines are garbage. I have read that Subaru has the highest retention value on the market. Conversely on the Luxury side I have always loved Volvo and have spoken with Lexus owner that actually told me the Avalon rides the same just less bells and whistles. I have always wanted a Volvo V90 or S 90 but based on this not so sure.

How many of you car guru's think there is some truth to this, or is just some schmuck writing an article?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So I drive a 2021 Outback Limited XT. When the wife and first got it we both stated this thing drives better than the Avalon we traded in. And I here or read where a lot of people state that Subaru engines are garbage. I have read that Subaru has the highest retention value on the market. Conversely on the Luxury side I have always loved Volvo and have spoken with Lexus owner that actually told me the Avalon rides the same just less bells and whistles. I have always wanted a Volvo V90 or S 90 but based on this not so sure.

How many of you car guru's think there is some truth to this, or is just some schmuck writing an article?
Subaru's are good cars. I was looking for one for my 16 year old daughter.
Got my son a car with a clutch instead and she inherited the family truckster, a 2001 Explorer, V8 AWD.

Me, I would rather have the Volvo that the Toyota, but that's just me. And yes, the Lexus is a Toyota rebadged. They all do it.
Audi Q7, Porsche Cayenne, Lamborghini Urus are all VW Touareg. My sons Cadillac ATS is a Camaro. Navigator is an Expedition etc etc etc...

Springs, shocks, bushings and sway bars not to mention seats, tires and level of sound insulation all contribute to ride quality and the perception of ride quality.
The Lexus ...ES350?...is based on the Toyota Camry. The Avalon? Is a larger more luxurious adaptation of the Camry. So they probably do ride very similar.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay far away from Volvos