• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well check this out Kirk lovers

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are several stories saying it was offered and it was killed by allen . i have posted them quite a bit

There are also many stories saying that it was considered.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will ask a simple question...

If this is in fact the 2017 off season, why does every date for every NFL event in the offseason for 2017, not match the dates for this years

Tag date and dead line
Free Agency Start
Draft

NOw there are only two possible answers to this question

Sty is wrong on this one

No one else in the world realises they have it backwards.

Did you even look at the last post? It clearly states that the NFL 2017 season ends in 2018 and that means the off season starts...

What it actually means is YOU have it wrong everyone else agrees with me.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even look at the last post? It clearly states that the NFL 2017 season ends in 2018 and that means the off season starts...

What it actually means is YOU have it wrong everyone else agrees with me.

I could give you ten links that reference this current off season as the 2018 off season.

But you have dug your heels in. Thats cool... BUt you are wrong on this one

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could give you ten links that reference this current off season as the 2018 off season.

But you have dug your heels in. Thats cool... BUt you are wrong on this one

Ditto....funny thing is, you know it, so here's your out. If you want to read this off season as the 2018 off season that's cool, just as long as you know that the off season is related to the previous regular and post season.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very funny, word game there @Shark, it's called the 2017 off season, which can ONLY happen AFTER the previous season ends!

Seriously Sty. Go back and look at the article you posted as proof. It was written February 13 of 2017. When it says at the beginning of your article we are entering the 2017 offseason, that is because it was written in February 2017.

Everything listed there was for the 2017 offseason. We are now in the 2018 offseason according to your own article.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, after this I'm done.

giphy.gif

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, after this I'm done.

giphy.gif

OPK cool... but riddle me this batman..

How can there be 2017 off season report cards for every team... if in fact the 2017 off season is not completed yet??

Grading the AFC South's biggest off-season moves

Barnwell's offseason report cards for all 32 NFL teams

It's time to reflect on the 2017 offseason. There are a few stray veterans left in the free-agent pool, and teams could still execute something unexpected if injuries arise, but organizations have mostly closed their checkbooks and built the rosters they will take onto the field in September.

Barnwell must be confused. :noidea:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL offseason schedule 2017: When is the combine, free agency, draft?

this link should clear it up . in it it says clearly the 2016-17 season is over . the title of the link is 2017 OFF SEASON

It only matters because Sty is running the line that Kirk wanted out during the 2015 off season. Which sure its possible.

But for the majority of the 2015 off season Kirk was the slated backup. Not until two weeks before the 2015 season started was he made the starter. Which is also the time frame SMGM wanted to sign him long term, and Bruce went.. but that would upset my bottom bitch.... cant do that.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto....funny thing is, you know it, so here's your out. If you want to read this off season as the 2018 off season that's cool, just as long as you know that the off season is related to the previous regular and post season.

you couldn't be more wrong, it's hilariously ridiculous. stop being retarded. it's the 2018 offseason, brainiac.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I really want to get to Washington" - Alex Smith

There are two possibilities here....

1) Alex Smith is a smart guy, from a football standpoint absolutely no one in their right mind would want to go to washington, so the quote is completely fake and he never said anything like that
2) Alex Smith is a smart guy, realized the redskins would pay him oodles of money that no other team in the league would pay him, and actually said that.

Those are the only two possibilities. In all likelihood the sentence "I really want to get to Washington" has not been uttered by any football player in the 21st century with the possible exception of people talking about the Huskies, but even then...

In any case the insinuation that there is any non-money related reason that any player in the entire league would want to go to DC, other than maybe a case like vernon davis where they were a fan as a kid, is laughable.

Edit:

this thread isn't about this quote. NVM.

carry on, sty, one-trick-pony, coach/country/spurrier...

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit:

this thread isn't about this quote. NVM.

carry on, sty, one-trick-pony, coach/country/spurrier...
Yes but it's not that far beside the point to point out the ridiculousness of D Hall actually believing there is a football-related reason why anyone would come to DC. You guys should know this!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OPK cool... but riddle me this batman..

How can there be 2017 off season report cards for every team... if in fact the 2017 off season is not completed yet??

Barnwell's offseason report cards for all 32 NFL teams

It's time to reflect on the 2017 offseason. There are a few stray veterans left in the free-agent pool, and teams could still execute something unexpected if injuries arise, but organizations have mostly closed their checkbooks and built the rosters they will take onto the field in September.

Barnwell must be confused. :noidea:

Actually it's lazy Journalism, or dumbing down to the readers, in effect using "2018" is a misnomer.

So, let me answer your questions.

This one exclusively talks about the 2016 season and was written in June 2017 regarding team needs.

Here's an example:

HOUSTON TEXANS

2016: 9–7, first in AFC South, loss in AFC divisional round of playoffs

Significant Additions: QB Deshaun Watson (R1), LB Zach Cunningham (R2), RB D'Onta Foreman (R3)

Significant Losses: QB Brock Osweiler, CB A.J. Bouye, S Quintin Demps, LB John Simon

Again Barnwell may not be confused, but he too is talking about the 2016 season, using the 2017 misnomer.

Tell me this, Forget what it's called, when does the off season for the 2017 season happen? Maybe, just maybe this will help you.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL offseason schedule 2017: When is the combine, free agency, draft?

this link should clear it up . in it it says clearly the 2016-17 season is over . the title of the link is 2017 OFF SEASON

Correct, the title, or what it's popularly referred to is where some are having their issues. Here's the first line from what you posted.

The 2016-17 NFL season is officially over with the Patriots winning the Super Bowl, so naturally we're already looking forward to next year.

Notice anything? the reference goes to the 2016 season which ended in 2017 (2016-2017). BTW; @dad, I know that you know this because you mentioned it in an earlier post. I only responded to it because, I believe that it might help. Thanks!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW: Using a prior season's official designation for example "The 2017 NFL Off Season" in the year 2018 might be confusing (apparently) to some readers. This might also enlighten.

mis·no·mer
[misˈnōmər]
NOUN
  1. a wrong or inaccurate name or designation:
    "“king crab” is a misnomer—these creatures are not crustaceans at all"
    synonyms: inaccurate name/label/designation · wrong name/label/designation · inappropriate name/label/designation
    • a wrong or inaccurate use of a name or term:
      "to call this “neighborhood policing” would be a misnomer.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but it's not that far beside the point to point out the ridiculousness of D Hall actually believing there is a football-related reason why anyone would come to DC. You guys should know this!
You know I'm starting to take this like the skins are my sibling here. It's ok for me to talk shit on the team, but i don't want to hear an outsider running their dick suckers.:mad2:

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As one that hasn't read a single post in this thread, i hope it spells out the fact that the kid really aint that good. Once he gets some stupid deal from the broncos and sucks, you'll realize that as well, if you didn't at first.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As one that hasn't read a single post in this thread, i hope it spells out the fact that the kid really aint that good. Once he gets some stupid deal from the broncos and sucks, you'll realize that as well, if you didn't at first.
Perhaps he really IS that good.