• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well check this out Kirk lovers

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As one that hasn't read a single post in this thread, i hope it spells out the fact that the kid really aint that good. Once he gets some stupid deal from the broncos and sucks, you'll realize that as well, if you didn't at first.

Here is the thing. Few QBs are actually that good in any system. KC was very good in this system. If he goes elsewhere and flops, it doesn’t prove he isn’t a good QB. It proves he doesn’t fit all systems.

The real indicator of how good he was will be the ease in which we find a replacement. If Alex Smith puts up 30 total TDs, throws for 4500 yards, and wins 10 games, it was a good move. If he falls short, which he will, then it proves it was a mistake.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing. Few QBs are actually that good in any system. KC was very good in this system. If he goes elsewhere and flops, it doesn’t prove he isn’t a good QB. It proves he doesn’t fit all systems.

The real indicator of how good he was will be the ease in which we find a replacement. If Alex Smith puts up 30 total TDs, throws for 4500 yards, and wins 10 games, it was a good move. If he falls short, which he will, then it proves it was a mistake.
Totally correct.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When he and RGIII were drafted, and subsequently he got play, you saw the talent in him. It may have plateaued, but it was what it was, if i were a skins fan i wouldn't want to be giving him a max contract, granted at the same end, i would have hoped he could have been traded for some value.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are people really still arguing when the off-season is?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are people really still arguing when the off-season is?

To be honest, these guys and lady are truly like family to me, we fight like cats and dogs but in the end, we come together for one common goal. My original plan was to just let it go, but in good faith I couldn't do that to them. We live and we learn.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he and RGIII were drafted, and subsequently he got play, you saw the talent in him. It may have plateaued, but it was what it was, if i were a skins fan i wouldn't want to be giving him a max contract, granted at the same end, i would have hoped he could have been traded for some value.

2015- Why not give him 20 million per season with 40 million in guarantees? That is simply two years of guaranteed then you would have him at for 2018-2020 at the bargain price of 20 million in those seasons.

2016- Why not pay him 24 million per season with 60 million in guarantees? That is a little more than two years guaranteed and then you have him at the bargain price of 24 million for 2018-2021.

No...instead we wait a year later and trade for the 34year old QB we hope can play well in this system and give him an extension equaling what we could have had KC for the previous offseason.

That is why you pay him market value because the market value keeps going up astronomically. What seems to be an overpay today is an underpay two years from now.

Now, last season, if we were going to dick him around, we should have put the non-exclusive tag on him...yet another reason Bruce Allen should be fired.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Off-season? Definition from SportingCharts.com
www.sportingcharts.com/dictionary/nfl/off-season.aspx

The period of time between the Super Bowl and the beginning of the next pre-season. The off-season is the time when teams deal with re-signing players with expiring contracts, drafting eligible college players, signing free agents, and running off-season mini-camps.

Yes. I agree. It is the period SB and the preseason. It is calculated by the year you are in and precedes the upcoming season.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHOTOS: Redskins Start 2017 Rookie Minicamp 

Notice it says 2017 rookie mini camp. This is an article from March 2017.

Your previous article states that mini camps take place in the offseason.

If the 2017 mini camp takes place in the offseason, logic would dictate that means it takes place in the 2017 offseason.

Again Stymie repeat after me. Stymie is wrong.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I agree. It is the period SB and the preseason. It is calculated by the year you are in and precedes the upcoming season.

Finally, and it's so named in order to not confuse the masses i.e. "The 2018 Off Season" when in truth it's "The 2017 Off Season"

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong...see above message.

???? Then it wouldn't be called an "Off Season" it would rightfully be called the Pre-Season and that's taken.

Post or Off is the correct term for what FOLLOWS, however Post is also taken.

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???? Then it wouldn't be called an "Off Season" it would rightfully be called the Pre-Season and that's taken.

Post or Off is the correct term for what FOLLOWS.

Except off doesn’t have a time frame. I agree that your prefixes of pre and post would indicate prior and after the season. Off gives no sense of time and makes your idea of the 2017 offseason occurring in 2018 even more of a delusion.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015- Why not give him 20 million per season with 40 million in guarantees? That is simply two years of guaranteed then you would have him at for 2018-2020 at the bargain price of 20 million in those seasons.

2016- Why not pay him 24 million per season with 60 million in guarantees? That is a little more than two years guaranteed and then you have him at the bargain price of 24 million for 2018-2021.

No...instead we wait a year later and trade for the 34year old QB we hope can play well in this system and give him an extension equaling what we could have had KC for the previous offseason.

That is why you pay him market value because the market value keeps going up astronomically. What seems to be an overpay today is an underpay two years from now.

Now, last season, if we were going to dick him around, we should have put the non-exclusive tag on him...yet another reason Bruce Allen should be fired.

Exactly, had this been taken care of in 2015 he would be looking like a bargain by now. Of course a few people said that ... at the same time a few people said "what! are you crazy ... pay him $20 million?!?" Instead much as shark predicted they strung this thing along until they just couldn't (or wouldn't) match the current going rate. Sometimes it is okay to wait for the price to go down, this was not the case to attempt that.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, had this been taken care of in 2015 he would be looking like a bargain by now. Of course a few people said that ... at the same time a few people said "what! are you crazy ... pay him $20 million?!?" Instead much as shark predicted they strung this thing along until they just couldn't (or wouldn't) match the current going rate. Sometimes it is okay to wait for the price to go down, this was not the case to attempt that.

Go back to that point. I was originally against signing KC but Shark convinced me otherwise. Now it makes perfect sense to me. He convinced me back then just to clarify.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I quoted your post it was only to say this is where and when the mistake was really made. A lot of the ABCers are now running around saying Cousin's isn't worth $28-$34 ... insert number and maybe now they are right. But had this been handled correctly back in 2015 he would have become a bargain by now. I know Allen gets a lot of the heat and he deserves it but Scot didn't not want to sign him at $20 mill either. Bunch of dumb asses IMO.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I quoted your post it was only to say this is where and when the mistake was really made. A lot of the ABCers are now running around saying Cousin's isn't worth $28-$34 ... insert number and maybe now they are right. But had this been handled correctly back in 2015 he would have become a bargain by now. I know Allen gets a lot of the heat and he deserves it but Scot didn't not want to sign him at $20 mill either. Bunch of dumb asses IMO.

Even if you pay him 30 mil going rate two years from now is 35 mil...he is a bargain again. That is how NFL contracts work.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you pay him 30 mil going rate two years from now is 35 mil...he is a bargain again. That is how NFL contracts work.

They ewre never going to pay Kirk because they didnt want him. They strung it out because they thought (hoped) they would be in a position to draft one of the top QBs in this years draft without having to trade up.

The Smith deal was a punt because its less of a blunder to give up Fuller and a 3rd rounder for Smith, than it would have been to have to give up more than we did in the last trade up for a QB.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except off doesn’t have a time frame. I agree that your prefixes of pre and post would indicate prior and after the season. Off gives no sense of time and makes your idea of the 2017 offseason occurring in 2018 even more of a delusion.

off
[ôf, äf]
ADVERB
  1. away from the place in question; to or at a distance:
    "the man ran off" ·
    [more]
  2. so as to be removed or separated:
    "he whipped off his coat" ·
    [more]
  3. starting a journey or race; leaving:
    "the gunmen made off on foot" ·
    [more]
  4. so as to bring to an end or be discontinued:
    "the Christmas party rounded off a hugely successful year" ·
    [more]
PREPOSITION
  1. moving away and often down from:
    "he rolled off the bed" ·
    [more]
  2. situated or leading in a direction away from (a main route or intersection):
    "single wires leading off the main lines" ·
    [more]
  3. so as to be removed or separated from:
    "threatening to tear it off its hinges" ·

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHOTOS: Redskins Start 2017 Rookie Minicamp

Notice it says 2017 rookie mini camp. This is an article from March 2017.

Your previous article states that mini camps take place in the offseason.

If the 2017 mini camp takes place in the offseason, logic would dictate that means it takes place in the 2017 offseason.

Again Stymie repeat after me. Stymie is wrong.

Of all the posters here, you would be among the last three that I would have thought to be tripped up by a misnomer.