• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome to DC Alex

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if CDC is better then KC then so be it , i can eat that crow, but i have defined better and it isnt treading water .its NFC title game appearance not no damn 8-8 BS

KC would have gotten a playoff win , better then that is the NFC title game

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the trend with him at QB, KC would have gotten us 6-10, but, I'm a generous man, I'll give him 10-6 and no playoff win for 2018 had he remained here, same as Alex Smith.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the trend with him at QB, KC would have gotten us 6-10, but, I'm a generous man, I'll give him 10-6 and no playoff win for 2018 had he remained here, same as Alex Smith.
27trje.jpg

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest mistake a man can make is to assume his opinion is fact.

Really??... I can think of a few bigger ones, for example, misjudging another man.

While I agree with your post as one of them, doesn't that apply to your opinion of Kirk Cousins?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really??... I can think of a few bigger ones, for example, misjudging another man.

While I agree with your post as one of them, doesn't that apply to your opinion of Kirk Cousins?

Sure it does. But I maintain that our opinions of him were partially formed based on our opinion of the last guy. I saw Kirk as a possible ray of sanity, others saw him as the usurper. Only you know where you truly fell in that dynamic.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it does. But I maintain that our opinions of him were partially formed based on our opinion of the last guy. I saw Kirk as a possible ray of sanity, others saw him as the usurper. Only you know where you truly fell in that dynamic.

That might be true for some people, I don't happen to be one of them. I wanted wins, it really didn't matter to me how nor with whom we got them. Still feel that way.

The last guy was selected by a team that was ill prepared to deal with his tremendous ego and the talent that they believed him to be. I said it then and I'll say it now. There's no way that this team (once they decided to draft him) should have ever started him. Here's the kicker...

I said from the beginning that he was mishandled, from that moment on I knew we were looking at a disaster in the making and was right. He's long gone now, So what? Kirk came in and I remained unmoved by that as well. Now he too is playing elsewhere, so what? Alex Smith is now our starter and through all of that, here's where I remain...

d-small-people-sadness-happiness-near-mood-meter-sad-happy-pose-image-white-background-30446331.jpg

I honestly don't care if others get tied to certain players, that their prerogative and in part reason why these sports SM sites exist. It is a bit annoying when there are attempts to bunch free thinking people into an either/or box when neither apply.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest mistake a man can make is to assume his opinion is fact.

I agree completely. However - using that logic - Skinsdad's contention that "KC would have gotten a playoff win , better then that is the NFC title game" is also an opinion & not a fact. There will never be a way to prove this (whatever Cousins does w/ the Vikings has no bearing on what he would have accomplished w/ the Skins since the roster, coaches & everything else is different).

Again - I wanted Cousins as much or more than anyone else on this forum. It is just that I am trying to move on & not play an endless game of "woulda, shoulda". I wish Cousins the best, but as I far as I am concerned he is in the rear view mirror. I don't pay attn. to nor obsess over former Redskins.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely. However - using that logic - Skinsdad's contention that "KC would have gotten a playoff win , better then that is the NFC title game" is also an opinion & not a fact. There will never be a way to prove this (whatever Cousins does w/ the Vikings has no bearing on what he would have accomplished w/ the Skins since the roster, coaches & everything else is different).

Again - I wanted Cousins as much or more than anyone else on this forum. It is just that I am trying to move on & not play an endless game of "woulda, shoulda". I wish Cousins the best, but as I far as I am concerned he is in the rear view mirror. I don't pay attn. to nor obsess over former Redskins.

The only bearing KC’s play in Minnesota has, positive or negative, is if he wins a playoff game. There are those that said he can’t win a playoff game and they would be proven wrong.

I do agree, saying KC would win a playoff game here this season is an opinion.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think @skinsdad62 has tried to pawn his opinion off as fact. I could be wrong mind you.

But one thing he has stated as fact is, he expectd Cousins to win a playoffs game with this team this season. SO thats the standard he had for the QB. So his standard has not changed, but his expectations have gone up based on the fact that many are of the opinion Smith is a better QB than Cousins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its an opinion not a fact

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its an opinion not a fact

as the old saying goes, "if my sister had balls, she would be my brother"...but what if, like me I don't have a sister? just like the redskins don't have KC?

would that be an opinion or fact? or, just a false narrative you can't seem to let go of?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as the old saying goes, "if my sister had balls, she would be my brother"...but what if, like me I don't have a sister? just like the redskins don't have KC?

would that be an opinion or fact? or, just a false narrative you can't seem to let go of?

Us winning a playoff game this seas with KC is an opinion. It isn’t a false narrative because it is neither true nor false. Come on man...you should know this.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn’t I just say that it was my OPINION and not FACT ? Now I don’t know what narrative you are referring too but i . Have set my expectations based on what I have been told I should get , a better qb and what I expected our old qb to do , based solely on conjecture and no facts

Now if your standard is lower then so be it you are free to call avg as successful . I personally wouldn’t trade a young starter. And a top 100 pick to tread water. But if that is your standard then so be it . I would have simply signed an FA qb and drafted a qb to develop

But in your world criticizing the trade can’t happen

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch "New Redskins QB Alex Smith's 2017 Highlights | Trade Alert | NFL" on YouTube

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch "New Redskins QB Alex Smith's 2017 Highlights | Trade Alert | NFL" on YouTube

I would be happy if he has those same results this year. It would be the same production as the last three years just 4 years older. :thumb:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly lacking some zip on the ball, very accurate, loves the over the middle 20 yarder to the TE(Reed?), has some wheels on him, RPO should be a staple in the redzone

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if CDC is better then KC then so be it , i can eat that crow, but i have defined better and it isn't treading water .its NFC title game appearance not no damn 8-8 BS

KC would have gotten a playoff win , better then that is the NFC title game

There's probably a couple ways one could go about determining if the Skins are better this year under Alex. Than they were in any year Cuz QBed the team. Demanding that Alex has to win a playoff game to do so. Because you think Kirk would've won a playoff game as the Skins starting QB in 2018 is certainly not one of them.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was as big of a Kirk guy as the next. All things being equal I wish we could have got him signed long term. I do wonder if having a QB that everyone knows wants to be in the room makes a difference? I certainly don't want rehash what we've bee talking about for the last month, but it really just hit me that we have a very mobile QB that can extend plays and hopefully live up to the trade.