• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome to DC Alex

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's probably a couple ways one could go about determining if the Skins are better this year under Alex. Than they were in any year Cuz QBed the team. Demanding that Alex has to win a playoff game to do so. Because you think Kirk would've won a playoff game as the Skins starting QB in 2018 is certainly not one of them.
thats my standard , you can rightfully disagree , but that is my standard

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats my standard , you can rightfully disagree , but that is my standard

obviously, your "standard" has the hedge on yours, not mine..."ASS" trade covered.

my standard is, telling the ones that matter most i love them every day. go to bed in comfortable pajamas, root for my favorite fall entertainment nfl team, and not work the night shift since i'm over 50...but, that's just my standard.

httr with your "standard" bad self.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's probably a couple ways one could go about determining if the Skins are better this year under Alex. Than they were in any year Cuz QBed the team. Demanding that Alex has to win a playoff game to do so. Because you think Kirk would've won a playoff game as the Skins starting QB in 2018 is certainly not one of them.

Actually the standard for Smith should be no lower than what the standard was to consider keeping Kirk on the long term.

Carry the team
Win the Division
Win in the playoffs.

These were the reasons and standards given for WHY Cousins should not have been and ultimately was not signed long term over the last three seasons.

So WTF should the standards be lowered for Smith??

Just saying.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously, your "standard" has the hedge on yours, not mine..."ASS" trade covered.

my standard is, telling the ones that matter most i love them every day. go to bed in comfortable pajamas, root for my favorite fall entertainment nfl team, and not work the night shift since i'm over 50...but, that's just my standard.

httr with your "standard" bad self.

no hedge just applying the standard set by the ABC crowd . which is better , not equal too

now perhaps you can discern your personal life from a sports standard

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad, and honest question:

Who exactly are the "ABC crowd?" Can you name ONE poster who was an "Anybody But Cousins" group member?

I can't think of one.

I mean, I think YOU think Dean was an "ABC'er," but I bet if you ask him point blank if he would rather have "Anybody But Cousins" starting for the redskins next year, his answer would not be so black and white.

That's the problem with absolutes: no nuance.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who exactly are the "ABC crowd?" Can you name ONE poster who was an "Anybody But Cousins" group member?

I can't think of one.

I mean, I think YOU think Dean was an "ABC'er," but I bet if you ask him point blank if he would rather have "Anybody But Cousins" starting for the redskins next year, his answer would not be so black and white.

IM just going to point out that asking some one to admit they were anyone but Cousins, is like asking a Donald Trump hardliner if the Wall is really about race, or whats best for the country. You will never get an admittance, but the reality is rather obvious.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't think of one.

i think its plainly obvious who are the ABC crowd is . go back and read the game threads , the post games the offseason threads and its clear . and its ABSOLUTELY clear

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think its plainly obvious who are the ABC crowd is . go back and read the game threads , the post games the offseason threads and its clear . and its ABSOLUTELY clear

If you vanished like a fart in a whirlwind when Cousins had a good game, But showed up like a chilli fart in a broken elevator 5 seconds after he made a mistake....

You might be an ABC fan

JEFFFOXWORTHY.jpg

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the standard for Smith should be no lower than what the standard was to consider keeping Kirk on the long term.

Carry the team
Win the Division
Win in the playoffs.

These were the reasons and standards given for WHY Cousins should not have been and ultimately was not signed long term over the last three seasons.

So WTF should the standards be lowered for Smith??

Just saying.

I'm not saying the standard should be lowered, but it shouldn't be magically inflated either. And I'd opine that if Smith wins the Skins a playoff game next year. He would have already accomplished more than Kirk did from a team perspective.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the standard should be lowered, but it shouldn't be magically inflated either. And I'd opine that if Smith wins the Skins a playoff game next year. He would have already accomplished more than Kirk did from a team perspective.

I think that determining what Smith actually does for this team is going to be subject to interpretation and highly colored by how you felt about him and the last guy.

Case in point, lets say the Skins do go 11-5, win the Division and hell even make it to and lose the NFC Championship game. Most around here would assume Smith had alot to do with that and Bruce would have a permanent case of displaced handjob syndrome.

But what if all this came to pass not because of Smith, but because the defense was top five and the ground game was top 3 in the league while Smith did his best Trent Dilfer impression.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that determining what Smith actually does for this team is going to be subject to interpretation and highly colored by how you felt about him and the last guy.

Case in point, lets say the Skins do go 11-5, win the Division and hell even make it to and lose the NFC Championship game. Most around here would assume Smith had alot to do with that and Bruce would have a permanent case of displaced handjob syndrome.

But what if all this came to pass not because of Smith, but because the defense was top five and the ground game was top 3 in the league while Smith did his best Trent Dilfer impression.

Oh please. If that happens I don't give a shit why it happened. If that occurs & there are still people here whining about Cousins being gone then they are nuts. Cmon - get real - when is the last time the Skins won a playoff game? I will be doing cartwheels if that happens & let others debate about the reason for the success.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please. If that happens I don't give a shit why it happened. If that occurs & there are still people here whining about Cousins being gone then they are nuts. Cmon - get real - when is the last time the Skins won a playoff game? I will be doing cartwheels if that happens & let others debate about the reason for the success.

Come on man, its the nature of the beast and we both know it. We are now three years removed from the last QB change, and if given a chance there are still people who will defend the RG3 trade. Maybe not as vehemently as they did when it happened, or right after he got benched. But it is what it is. If the team does well with Smith at center, there will be those thumping chest saying see I told you. If he doesnt those same people by and large will try to lay failure at the feet of every one but Smith.

The Redskins have always had a love hate relationship with the QB position. Some folks love the QB we let go, or never had. Some people will hate the guy we have and constantly want to move onto the next thing. Its been like that most of our lives.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, its the nature of the beast and we both know it. We are now three years removed from the last QB change, and if given a chance there are still people who will defend the RG3 trade. Maybe not as vehemently as they did when it happened, or right after he got benched. But it is what it is. If the team does well with Smith at center, there will be those thumping chest saying see I told you. If he doesnt those same people by and large will try to lay failure at the feet of every one but Smith.

The Redskins have always had a love hate relationship with the QB position. Some folks love the QB we let go, or never had. Some people will hate the guy we have and constantly want to move onto the next thing. Its been like that most of our lives.

Yep - some but IMO not most (personally I don't really care @ opinions of over-the-top fans). You better believe that if the team is real bad & Smith has poor stats & outings that most folks here (including me) will blame him. That is the nature of the beast.

And again - if they make it to the playoffs I don't care if Smith is so-so. I would just be very happy that they are doing well. I will also not be looking at the entire season as a Cousins vs. Smith evaluation. Who cares. They are on different teams w/ different personnel so you can't really making a fair comparison.

Let's just hope that Smith does well & leave it at that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - some but IMO not most (personally I don't really care @ opinions of over-the-top fans). You better believe that if the team is real bad & Smith has poor stats & outings that most folks here (including me) will blame him. That is the nature of the beast.

And again - if they make it to the playoffs I don't care if Smith is so-so. I would just be very happy that they are doing well. I will also not be looking at the entire season as a Cousins vs. Smith evaluation. Who cares. They are on different teams w/ different personnel so you can't really making a fair comparison.

Let's just hope that Smith does well & leave it at that.

Agree to most of this. But I would be remiss if i didnt point out that Cousins was being compared mostly not to what he was or could do. But more so what he wasnt, or didnt do that was expected of the guy he replaced. And that wasnt by some small over the top portion of the fan base.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to most of this. But I would be remiss if i didnt point out that Cousins was being compared mostly not to what he was or could do. But more so what he wasnt, or didnt do that was expected of the guy he replaced. And that wasnt by some small over the top portion of the fan base.

Yep - could be a bigger # of fans but IMO no way it was the majority of fans. Most of the fans & non-fans I talk with like Cousins and wanted them to keep him. I think that there was the RG3 factor for some but by no means the majority of fans.

You make some good pts, but I think that you are discounting the short attn. span of most folks in this era. Come next season most fans will either like or hate Smith based on his performance & more importantly if the team is winning. I don't think most fans will give him a pass no matter what. That is not how most fans operate.

Let's just hope that he does well enough. If he sucks then hey - I will be there w/ you to complain about him. Again - if they win a playoff game & given the DC area's lack of any recent playoff success no way in hell I am going to complain about it for any reason. We will see.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - could be a bigger # of fans but IMO no way it was the majority of fans. Most of the fans & non-fans I talk with like Cousins and wanted them to keep him. I think that there was the RG3 factor for some but by no means the majority of fans.

You make some good pts, but I think that you are discounting the short attn. span of most folks in this era. Come next season most fans will either like or hate Smith based on his performance & more importantly if the team is winning. I don't think most fans will give him a pass no matter what. That is not how most fans operate.

Let's just hope that he does well enough. If he sucks then hey - I will be there w/ you to complain about him. Again - if they win a playoff game & given the DC area's lack of any recent playoff success no way in hell I am going to complain about it for any reason. We will see.

Because of work and family, I tend to travel up and down the coast, as well as other parts of the country. SO i know where most of the Redskins bars and hot spots are on the coast. So I do get to see a portion of the fan base thats not right there in DC more than I do the locals actually.

So this to say, because IM not right in the middle of DC daily, I do think I see a broader group of Skins fans, and the perception of RG3/ Cousins/ Smith and the team in general dynamic is a fractured fan base. With alot of hard lines drawn.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of work and family, I tend to travel up and down the coast, as well as other parts of the country. SO i know where most of the Redskins bars and hot spots are on the coast. So I do get to see a portion of the fan base thats not right there in DC more than I do the locals actually.

So this to say, because IM not right in the middle of DC daily, I do think I see a broader group of Skins fans, and the perception of RG3/ Cousins/ Smith and the team in general dynamic is a fractured fan base. With alot of hard lines drawn.

That is fair enough & agree that most fans (including me) have issues with the FO. However again whatever occurs next season will either change or reinforce that. BTW - I also don't live in DC & see various fans in different areas (not as many as you). I also got to see Skins fans at their worst in New Orleans after one of the worst losses ever so I understand the positive & negative takes of fans.

Oh well - if they suck next season this supposed rift between Snyder & Allen could escalate & perhaps give some folks hope even during a bad season. Time will tell.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing people overlook is the fact KC only had three first round picks helping. Technically, he had 1, then 2, then 3 in his years as a starter.

Scherff he had for a full three years.
Doctson he had for only one year.
Allen he had for like two games.

When you use wins/losses and other such accomplishments as an argument, you have to weigh these things.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing people overlook is the fact KC only had three first round picks helping. Technically, he had 1, then 2, then 3 in his years as a starter.

Scherff he had for a full three years.
Doctson he had for only one year.
Allen he had for like two games.

When you use wins/losses and other such accomplishments as an argument, you have to weigh these things.

Well we will see. Cousins will be surrounded w/ talent on the Vikings. Now is his time to shine & shut up any detractors. Doesn't really matter to me - hope he does well except when he plays the Skins or if a Vikings win hurts the Skins chances.