• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3- Broncos @ Bengals

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See and this is where I wish guys like Thomas would keep his mouth shut. Young players are easily influenced by the veterans and what I can see happening is Siemian trying to force feed the ball in and it leading to even more mistakes than what we have seen so far. Work with the young kid and help him to see what you are seeing but the way Thomas is talking I'm just not liking that from our Captain on the offensive side of the ball.

I understand his frustration. I played WR in high school in a scheme that was mostly geared towards running the football. Teams loaded up the box and throughout the game when I was supposed to be running routes to try and get people to focus towards me to open up the run lanes but they knew we wouldn't ever throw the football. So I would see games where running routes nobody was within 15-20 yards of me just sitting there wishing the coach could see it and want to actually try a few more passes.

I did love I can't remember who it was talking about WR's and the divas that they are. Said he has seen plenty of WR's that complain like this even when their team is winning but if they have a 10 catch 160 yard game but the team loses they are out celebrating that night because of the game they had. Just kind of how they are.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness you can't really ask for less of a diva attitude then DT has shown us since his rookie year for a star WR.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell those tickets right now! Just kidding. If I had a chance to go to any Bronco game I would do it in a heart beat.

This will definitely be a statement game. On the road against a very tough opponent who is good on both sides of the ball. Not sure how I feel about this game quite yet.

Just some early stats for this one. Andy Dalton is leading the league in passing yards with 732 through 2 games. They have not been good running the football. Through 2 games they have 103 yards rushing and only average 2.8 yards per carry.

Defensively they have given up the most rushing yards through 2 games with 276 at 4.2 yards per carry. They have had however a top-10 pass defense so far this year.

So at least if those stats hold true then the Broncos have a clear advantage with their greatest weaknesses being some of our strengths.

This should be a good game.

Just played the Bengals...my 2 cents.

The flow of the game dictated a lot more passing and Dalton did a good job of taking the underneath routes that PIT was conceding last week. I'm sure they will try to be a lot more balanced in their home opener. Eifert likely will play this week.

Steelers had success running on the Bengals, but it's not as if the holes were huge...DWil did a great job of attacking the small creases, and Haley did a nice job of mixing up the pass and run.

Looking forward to this one.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a good game.

Just played the Bengals...my 2 cents.

The flow of the game dictated a lot more passing and Dalton did a good job of taking the underneath routes that PIT was conceding last week. I'm sure they will try to be a lot more balanced in their home opener. Eifert likely will play this week.

Steelers had success running on the Bengals, but it's not as if the holes were huge...DWil did a great job of attacking the small creases, and Haley did a nice job of mixing up the pass and run.

Looking forward to this one.

How much do you think the rain affected the game?

My guess is the Broncos will play the Bengal's offense a little more aggressively. They have the Corner on the outside to play man coverage and make Dalton hold onto the ball a bit longer. That is what the Broncos try to do. So that underneath stuff might not be as open and he will have to try and push the ball down the field like he did week 1 against the Jets.

I would also wonder how much of an impact a guy like Eifert can have on the game. How healed up is he? If he is a 100% then yeah I will worry a lot about him being active for this game. If he is closer to like 70-75% then I could see him struggling to be much more than a Red Zone threat.

And I would bet the Broncos work hard to get the run game going like they have the first 2 weeks. So far they have come out throwing early in games to back the defense off then ran the ball a ton in the 2nd half of the games. I wish honestly they would stay a bit more balanced throughout the game instead of going heavy one way or the other.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Sound FX': C.J. Anderson

Anderson to a D player damn that was a good play ...The D player we practiced defending that all week ..

Kubiak needs to build on that play . because the Defender knew the play better than our team /

What the hell did the Defender say something about he is somthing away ????

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Sound FX': C.J. Anderson

Anderson to a D player damn that was a good play ...The D player we practiced defending that all week ..

Kubiak needs to build on that play . because the Defender knew the play better than our team /

What the hell did the Defender say something about he is somthing away ????

Yeah seemed like they saw something in formation or whatever but the guy knew exactly what was happening on that play. If I were Kubiak I would have maybe a double screen pass built in. What I mean by that is set up exactly like we did on that play and fake to the left then work back to the right with maybe Janovich coming out of the backfield and letting him take off running. Either that or do the fake screen double move with the WR where because that player moved up like that it leaves them vulnerable to the deep play.

Honestly if the Broncos offense is going to have any kind of success this Sunday it is going to take the Broncos connecting deep early in the game. Show the Bengals that we are able to actually do that. So far the Broncos have only attempted 2 passes over 20 yards. 1 was incomplete and the other was intercepted. Well I guess if you include the ones that got pass interference it isn't quite that bad but still just shows that we have yet to connect on one of those and actually see that Siemian can do it. Until he does defenses will just creep up more and more hurting both the pass and run game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is the Broncos will play the Bengal's offense a little more aggressively. They have the Corner on the outside to play man coverage and make Dalton hold onto the ball a bit longer. That is what the Broncos try to do. So that underneath stuff might not be as open and he will have to try and push the ball down the field like he did week 1 against the Jets.

I would also wonder how much of an impact a guy like Eifert can have on the game. How healed up is he? If he is a 100% then yeah I will worry a lot about him being active for this game. If he is closer to like 70-75% then I could see him struggling to be much more than a Red Zone threat.

And I would bet the Broncos work hard to get the run game going like they have the first 2 weeks. So far they have come out throwing early in games to back the defense off then ran the ball a ton in the 2nd half of the games. I wish honestly they would stay a bit more balanced throughout the game instead of going heavy one way or the other.

CIN...yeah that was kinda my point on their OFC...I wouldn't expect them to pass as often vs DEN...their running game is better than what the stats show right now. Weather...I'm sure some, I know one of Ben's picks was the wet ball, but the natural grass field never got sloppy.

Eifert...idk to be honest. He's practicing today. Depend on how he responds from that practice, but I would expect him to play.

Two old college teammates facing off...Ogbuehi vs Miller.

DEN OFC...I might keep that pass to run trend going another week. CIN DL doesn't get the acclaim of CAR, and some others, but imo they are one of the best in the league. Trying to establish the run early could put the young QB in more 3rd and long than needed.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good news is defenses travel and play well under any condition. I worry more about Bernard against out LBers. Wade needs to take AJ out of the game. 4 catches maybe 60 yards. Denver lucks out with a less than 100% Eifert.

Dunlap ate our lunch last year 3 sacks. Add in Geno Atkins and this is a huge challenge for our offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CIN...yeah that was kinda my point on their OFC...I wouldn't expect them to pass as often vs DEN...their running game is better than what the stats show right now. Weather...I'm sure some, I know one of Ben's picks was the wet ball, but the natural grass field never got sloppy.

Eifert...idk to be honest. He's practicing today. Depend on how he responds from that practice, but I would expect him to play.

Two old college teammates facing off...Ogbuehi vs Miller.

DEN OFC...I might keep that pass to run trend going another week. CIN DL doesn't get the acclaim of CAR, and some others, but imo they are one of the best in the league. Trying to establish the run early could put the young QB in more 3rd and long than needed.

Well my thoughts are this on establishing the pass early...

1) So far the Broncos have not played a secondary as good as that of Cincinnati.

2) Our best receiving TE might not even play and while our WR's are top notch I'm not sure trying to force feed them early on is our best bet.

3) Where Cincinnati has struggled so far in the 2 games they have played is stopping the run. So maybe make them commit more men to stopping the run early then try to see if we can win the 1-on-1 opportunities on the outside.

If we do pass early honestly I would rather work to spread them out and do some 4-wide sets like we saw against the Panthers week 1. Caught them off guard a bit and helped Siemian in my opinion to see what the defense was trying to do. But like I said I would rather run at them and have our FB in and really test the weakness of that defense in the linebackers. Run the zone stretch plays where their lack of quickness can really catch them either playing catch up or over pursuing a play then have the cutback lane. Then maybe after a couple of drives of them seeing that hit them with a nice bootleg type play and have one of our guys streaking into that zone where the linebackers abandoned for a big play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is defenses travel and play well under any condition. I worry more about Bernard against out LBers. Wade needs to take AJ out of the game. 4 catches maybe 60 yards. Denver lucks out with a less than 100% Eifert.

Dunlap ate our lunch last year 3 sacks. Add in Geno Atkins and this is a huge challenge for our offense.

This is definitely a game I wish Stephenson had stayed healthy for. And also why I'm hoping they put Sambrailo out there at that RT spot than that of Schofield. Schofield I'm sure had nightmares after his bad game against Dunlap last year. Atkins I'm not as worried about especially if we keep Schofield in at RG. That interior of our OL has been a huge pleasant surprise especially Paradis as he is playing out of his mind so far this year.

Really to me though I don't think Bernard is as much of a problem for our linebackers. We have enough speed at the LB spot to keep him contained. The guys we have struggled with the most seem to be those power backs that can run over our guys and pick up those extra 2-3 yards just by falling forward. Look at last year Bernard had 8 carries for only 14 yards where Hill had 19 carries for 63 yards. I think the Bengals saw that the RB's that had at least a little success against our defense (we were still a top-10 defense against the run back then too) were those guys running for power.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my thoughts are this on establishing the pass early...

1) So far the Broncos have not played a secondary as good as that of Cincinnati.

2) Our best receiving TE might not even play and while our WR's are top notch I'm not sure trying to force feed them early on is our best bet.

3) Where Cincinnati has struggled so far in the 2 games they have played is stopping the run. So maybe make them commit more men to stopping the run early then try to see if we can win the 1-on-1 opportunities on the outside.

If we do pass early honestly I would rather work to spread them out and do some 4-wide sets like we saw against the Panthers week 1. Caught them off guard a bit and helped Siemian in my opinion to see what the defense was trying to do. But like I said I would rather run at them and have our FB in and really test the weakness of that defense in the linebackers. Run the zone stretch plays where their lack of quickness can really catch them either playing catch up or over pursuing a play then have the cutback lane. Then maybe after a couple of drives of them seeing that hit them with a nice bootleg type play and have one of our guys streaking into that zone where the linebackers abandoned for a big play.

#3...I definitely see this being in play. Home opener for CIN...they have been a little porous against the run in 2 games which is why I think that has been a point of emphasis all week...force the young QB to beat them throwing.

Should be a good tight game...to be honest, I'm a little surprised DEN is 2-0 with Siemian, but he was at home...played well vs CAR...didn't see the Colt game aside from the highlights, but his stat line wasn't bad, made some 3rd down passes.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virgil will be a game time decision.

Ty Sammy appears good to go.

Heuerman returned to practice.

Bengals appear to be healthy for the most part.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the frustration to score in the Red Zone.. He's the captain. Everyone can see the offense is struggling to score TDs.
This is all about the offense not turning the ball over and scoring when thy get into the red zone. DT know they better step it up because this can't be like last year. These two guys at top 10 WRs and need to be targeted in the red zone and the QB has to get the ball to the play makers. The Oline also is not absolved from the frustration . They need to be able to get the tough 3rd and 1 to keep drives alive.

Went back and watched the coaches tape.

1st drive did not see a wide open DT for a first down instead took a sack 3rd and 2 on the 37.

2nd drive over threw Manny on a crossing route in the end zone against a LBer. easy TD

3rd drive targeted DT and drew a PI . Scored on the ground.

4th drive INT at Indy 25

5th drive FG End of Half.

6th drive running will. 2nd and 1 at Indy 14 and the next two running plays lose -1 yards. FG

7th nothing

8th drive to seal the game

2nd and 11 at 37. short hops a wide open ES

Finds DT who makes a great play to get that extra yard for the 1st down.

3rd and 1 to win the game. Loss of 1 on the ground. FG.

Total of 4 PI penalties on Indy helped.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virgil Green is ruled out for Sunday.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a few more naked bootlegs hitting some downfield targets and give me large doses of Janovich! FB screens out of the backfield used to be a staple of the Broncos ZBS offense. Go Broncos!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd stick this here

In July, Brandon Marshall was in Miami, and a shooting occurred nearby .... According to Marshall:

Marshall told the Denver Post the alleged incident occurred on July 4, when Miami police officers handcuffed him and threatened him with a Taser after he was near the scene of a reported shooting. Marshall said an unidentified woman who was directing traffic ordered police to stop him.

After he was handcuffed and placed into a police car, an officer radioed in and told police at the scene to release him, Marshall said.

"They told me, 'Look, we're not going to take you in as long as you keep this between us,'" Marshall said

Report: Miami police probing incident with Broncos' Marshall

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a good game. I'm hoping for improvement from Siemian - a little more opening up of the playbook by Kubiak and some red zone touches for the WRs.

Still the ground game should be the bread and butter against the Bengals. CJ Anderson - has looked terrific to me.

I think the Broncos D will eat up Andy Dalton. AJ Green scares me - ever since I saw him play in college. He was one of the few guys in college ball who always looked better than anyone else on the field. I hadn't seen that again until last week when Jabari Peppers was clearly and by far the best player on the field against Colorado.