• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3- Broncos @ Bengals

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you, Mingo. I think the Broncos ride Anderson-Janovich-Booker to 160+ yards on the ground, setting up opportunities for some big passing plays through the middle of the game before turning back to the ground and grinding out the clock.

Dalton to Green is legit. Even last year when they started McCarron against the Broncos it seemed like those Bengals WRs were catching everything below 50 feet. It wasn't until after the game I saw his line (20/35 for 200 yards) that I realized the Bengals were actually average passing in that game. It seemed they were a lot better during the game. Dalton in their home opener is going to be a different story. It's going to be tough to keep him under control unless the pass rush gets to him early and often. The Bengals are the #2 passing offense but the Broncos are the #3 passing defense so something has got to give in this one.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game could go either way. It is not a playoff game so Cincinnati is not automatically out.
Can't find myself taking Cincy over Denver though.
Homegame for Cincy? Is that enough? Hell, I don't know......

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I have the Broncos losing 4-6 games this year. Unfortunately, I think this might be one of them. Early start time, Eastern time zone game, Siemian's first road test, Bengals home opener and two pretty evenly matched teams may prove too much for the Broncos.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with
This game could go either way. It is not a playoff game so Cincinnati is not automatically out.
Can't find myself taking Cincy over Denver though.
Homegame for Cincy? Is that enough? Hell, I don't know......
I agree with Mile High - unfortunately Broncos fans aren't likely to be able to post in the "Post Here if Your Team is 3-0" thread! ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you, Mingo. I think the Broncos ride Anderson-Janovich-Booker to 160+ yards on the ground, setting up opportunities for some big passing plays through the middle of the game before turning back to the ground and grinding out the clock.

Dalton to Green is legit. Even last year when they started McCarron against the Broncos it seemed like those Bengals WRs were catching everything below 50 feet. It wasn't until after the game I saw his line (20/35 for 200 yards) that I realized the Bengals were actually average passing in that game. It seemed they were a lot better during the game. Dalton in their home opener is going to be a different story. It's going to be tough to keep him under control unless the pass rush gets to him early and often. The Bengals are the #2 passing offense but the Broncos are the #3 passing defense so something has got to give in this one.

Honestly McCarron impressed me in that 1st half and the WR's as well. He was fitting passes into some of the tiniest windows and his receivers were making ridiculous catches. Been a while since I had seen anything like that against our Broncos. In fact there is a new stat out there that the Broncos have not allowed a QB to post a 100 or higher QB rating in 28 straight games. Next closest is Pittsburgh with 9. So when a QB looks even average it is something that is a bit shocking to watch against our Broncos.

The good thing for the Broncos is that Tyler Eifert is sitting out another week. So while the Bengals offense is still one that can be explosive I just don't view them as explosive as they were last year. Now I say that and they do lead the NFL in passes completed over 20 yards with 13 through 2 games. Broncos defense have given up the fewest with only having given up 2. Something to keep an eye on for sure.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burfick being out is also big in this game. It would certainly appear to help the Bronco run game.

I do think this game is the most likely Bronco loss in the first 4. However, I think the Broncos win.

Two intangibles:

1) The Broncos are the most 4th quarter resilient team in the league.
2) The Bengals fear the Broncos - as the team they can't beat.

Tangibles:

1) The run game is ready.
2) It is Siemian's lucky third game - when things come together and Kubiak gives him a little more playbook to use.
3) The Bronco D is the prescription for curing the Bengal offense.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les Nessman says it will be 84 degrees on Sunday

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings from Cincinnati.

I feel like I have seen more Bronco fans then Bengals fans so far.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings from Cincinnati.

I feel like I have seen more Bronco fans then Bengals fans so far.
I saw some pictures earlier that showed quite a few Bronco fans in the area. We are a team that travels better than people realize

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy staying at the same hotel as I am drove down from Canada.

I am smack downtown right next to the stadium and Bengals fans just seem really blah around here.

But not as bad as when I went to the Rams game.

I am guessing once I get in the stadium I will see a pretty rowdy bunch of Bengal fans. They just aren't the ones staying in hotels running around the town. ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy staying at the same hotel as I am drove down from Canada.

I am smack downtown right next to the stadium and Bengals fans just seem really blah around here.

But not as bad as when I went to the Rams game.

I am guessing once I get in the stadium I will see a pretty rowdy bunch of Bengal fans. They just aren't the ones staying in hotels running around the town. ;)

Would love to hear about your experience at the game! Honestly it really did look like a decent number of Bronco fans. Hard to tell since both are orange but I didn't see the crowd being as big of a factor as some maybe thought. Looked like communication wasn't too difficult.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey #Draft Crazy - saw you holding the Lombardi trophy - tell us the story about how that came about.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everything that appears to be real is. ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so some interesting stats from the game...

I don't think it is disrespectful to point out that Siemian started out the game pretty shaky. I mean he was 5-12 for only 49 yards and had a couple of those that could have been picked off. He finished after that shaky start though a whopping 18 of 23 for 263 yards and 4 touchdowns.

First time starters in the NFL have a combined record of 11-2. This includes Wentz for the Eagles, Dak for the Cowboys, Jimmy G/Brissett for the Patriots, Cody Kessler for the Browns, and of course Siemian for the Broncos.

One interesting stat that will get overlooked by many is that the Broncos run defense hasn't been the best by any means but the best rushers against the Broncos have really been more the QB's. Right now QB's have only rushed 20 times but for a whopping 116 yards against the Broncos. This is one of the issues with our man coverage aggressive style of getting after the QB is that we do allow for rushing lanes to open up.

Broncos have now won a league high 25 straight games where they have won the turnover battle. So again why we keep saying that if our offense can protect the football then the Broncos should stand a very high chance of winning every game.

Broncos in the 2nd half of games are outscoring their opponents 48-20 and 45-13 in the 4th quarter. Coaching has been huge to be able to make those 2nd half adjustments.

And finally the Broncos now have the league best record since the start of 2011 in road/neutral site games. We are at 29-14 and only one of 2 teams in the league with a winning percentage above 58%. Patriots of course are the other. So not just about getting it done at home for this Bronco team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more interesting stat real quick. Broncos have scored more points in the 4th quarter through 3 games than the other 3 combined. 45 points in the 4th quarter and only 39 in the others. I'm glad we are playing our best football at the most critical moment of the game but would be nice to see them have that type of ability in the 1st 3 quarters as well. Just really show that we are a dominating team that doesn't just lean on the defense to finish out games.