• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 14- Denver Broncos @ Los Angeles Chargers

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember being stoked reading that John Elway was in Oregon watching Justin Herbert .... ANYWAYS ...

Brandon Staley, dead coach walking ... The guy knows how to lose close games .. Hope that's the case, LET'S GO BRANDON :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got to beat the teams in your division to be a playoff team.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver loses, their playoff chances are gone, if they win, they're still alive but need some help. Simple as that.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like this matchup for Denver. I see the Broncos coming out motivated and angry after the loss to the Texans. Broncos take it 23-14.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like this matchup for Denver. I see the Broncos coming out motivated and angry after the loss to the Texans. Broncos take it 23-14.
i like it too - because it figures that Ekler's performance may give Sean Payton some inspiration in using McLaughlin. The Broncos need to have JM set up in the slot sometimes - and run different wheel routes to get him more opportunities in space.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe last week was the jolt this team needs for a post season run. Broncos handle business and get the win against the Chargers.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is absolutely the critical game of the year for the Broncos. Coming off a loss where the turnover battle flipped against the Broncos but they were still in it at the end after a 5 game winning streak should stoke the fire and focus. If the Broncos lose, @LGM was right and the 5 game win streak was a facade and this team is farther away then we want to believe. If they win, Payton is building something real here. Is that to dramatic? I don't think so as a loss all but ends the playoff chatter.

The Broncos have a massive edge in the coaching category so I expect Payton to come up with a plan to put some points on the board as Justin Herbert is a far superior QB to Wilson and I expect him to put up points after a rough outing.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is absolutely the critical game of the year for the Broncos. Coming off a loss where the turnover battle flipped against the Broncos but they were still in it at the end after a 5 game winning streak should stoke the fire and focus. If the Broncos lose, @LGM was right and the 5 game win streak was a facade and this team is farther away then we want to believe. If they win, Payton is building something real here. Is that to dramatic? I don't think so as a loss all but ends the playoff chatter.

The Broncos have a massive edge in the coaching category so I expect Payton to come up with a plan to put some points on the board as Justin Herbert is a far superior QB to Wilson and I expect him to put up points after a rough outing.
Great post.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Payton on Jerry Jeudy being wide open and not getting the ball:

That was a play, though, where they dropped coverage, and he very easily was a viable target for a big play. Finally, he was able to make a few in that game. Really, if you look at the tape closely and you watch all of it — I know some of you get to do that. If you watch all of it, holy cow, there are about two or three of those plays.

Add Jeudy to the "Russ, Please Look Their Way" list with Mims

The few amazing catches from Sutton have cost the Broncos in other ways .. Especially considering the focus on Sutton is not simply from Russ, but also the opposing defenses ..

We've gotta give Russ that extra two seconds to find Jeudy and Mims

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its a little dramatic. I don't think we're that far off. And if a team can create turnovers on 25% of their opponents drives in 5 games, why can't they get a turnover in 20% in 10 games? Or 10% every game? OR JUST QUIT TURNING THE BALL OVER THREE TIMES IN THE FACKING FOURTH QUARTER, WILSON YOU STUPID MORON.

See, that was dramatic. :D

We replace Wilson with a qb that gets rid of the ball faster, plays within the scheme, and we have an offense with more than 2 reads or a wr route tree with more than 2 branches, and we'll be right as rain.

I love everything about this team except Singleton, KJack, Mathis, and Russell effing Wilson.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does feel like a must win game. Staley has lost the Chargers. We can't lose this game.
I'm of the opinion that Wilson could start getting benched if his play continues to decline like last week.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a little dramatic. I don't think we're that far off. And if a team can create turnovers on 25% of their opponents drives in 5 games, why can't they get a turnover in 20% in 10 games? Or 10% every game? OR JUST QUIT TURNING THE BALL OVER THREE TIMES IN THE FACKING FOURTH QUARTER, WILSON YOU STUPID MORON.

See, that was dramatic. :D

We replace Wilson with a qb that gets rid of the ball faster, plays within the scheme, and we have an offense with more than 2 reads or a wr route tree with more than 2 branches, and we'll be right as rain.

I love everything about this team except Singleton, KJack, Mathis, and Russell effing Wilson.
Replacing the QB isn't easy. There really aren't that many better QB's just sitting out there. If Wilson can't get better and I am not sure he can we are going to be very limited offensively and I am not sure Stidham or some other QB we can get in FA will be a difference maker.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replacing the QB isn't easy. There really aren't that many better QB's just sitting out there. If Wilson can't get better and I am not sure he can we are going to be very limited offensively and I am not sure Stidham or some other QB we can get in FA will be a difference maker.
To be clear, I agree with you. There isn't anything better out there, and Stidham is a shortvterm fix, if a fix at all. Im speaking to next season, and the upcoming draft in particular.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers losing tonight was huge for Denver but it all doesn’t mean crap if Denver cant get it done on Sunday.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Payton is pissed. Russell Wilson is pissed (well, just kinda Christian mad). Jerry Jeudy is beyond pissed.

Broncos roll!