• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 8- Kansas City Chiefs @ Denver Broncos

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love @LGM and make no secret of it. He is a brother. He is witty, smart and reliable. I admire him.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love @LGM and make no secret of it. He is a brother. He is witty, smart and reliable. I admire him.
Disagree Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering about the NFL ( and all levels ) rule on advancing muffed punts

Mecole Hardman muffed the punt and Drew Sanders recovered at the 9, no one touched him - it was Broncos ball at the 9 ...

I understand it is a rule - the kicking team cannot advance a muff ... But why ?? .. It is obviously confusing to the players as Hardman went to tackle Sanders after Sanders picked the ball up .. ( see also Leon Lett and FGs )

If Hardman were to have caught the ball, had possession, then fumbled, Sanders could have picked it up and advanced it ..

What happens on blocked FGs is also a bit perplexing ... and even more confusing is the punt that comes to a rest and is touched by the kicking team, but can be advanced - but not fumbled - by the receiving team

Does the rule about not being able to advance a muffed punt come from some old rugby rule ??

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Adam Schefter, the Broncos turned down a 3rd and 5th for Jerry Jeudy

Adam Schefter of ESPN, appearing on 104.3 radio, said that the Broncos got calls on Jerry Jeudy and that there were "active discussions" about trades in general. Schefter said that the Broncos weren't going to give Jeudy up unless they got a "significant return" but then went on to say that they were offered a 3rd and 5th-round pick for Jeudy from some team.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Adam Schefter, the Broncos turned down a 3rd and 5th for Jerry Jeudy

Adam Schefter of ESPN, appearing on 104.3 radio, said that the Broncos got calls on Jerry Jeudy and that there were "active discussions" about trades in general. Schefter said that the Broncos weren't going to give Jeudy up unless they got a "significant return" but then went on to say that they were offered a 3rd and 5th-round pick for Jeudy from some team.

I think typically the teams that are making moves at the deadline are generally in decent shape and looking to make a run. So we can presume those picks would have been later picks, unless the team offering held other picks higher in those rounds from previous trades. Either way, I think JJ’s trade value is higher at the end of the season than right now and his potential value to this team through the remaining 9 is definitely higher than a 3rd and 5th.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game vs the Texans is going to be a tough one .. I'm watching them vs the Bucs, and CJ Stroud is the real deal .. I think the best of the past draft .. Andrew Beck looks to have been injured, but before that, he figured pretty heavily in their offense ..

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the consensus here when Randy Gregory was sent to SF was positive .. Most of us were happy to get a pick for him, as just jettisoning him from the roster seemed enough for most ..

But as usual, the media and talk afterwards was that Gregory was fitting right in and he was going to turn a new leaf after distancing himself from the albatross known as The Denver Broncos ..

Well, the 9ers are 0-3 since Gregory joined the team, they've given up 400+ yards in both of the past two games ( had not allowed 400 all season ), and they are averaging a mere 1.7 sacks in the three games Gregory has played ..

The 9ers also traded for Chase Young, so who knows what role Gregory will have

In other words, as it seems only Bronco fans were aware of - great move unloading Gregory and getting a 6th round pick

A side note - some notable Denver Bronco 6th round picks

- Danny Trevathan
- Matt Paradis
- Mike Anderson
- Keith Bishop
- Mark Jackson
- Terrell Davis

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a 6th round pick, Tom Brandstater.

His name started Tom Bra, he was a 6th round pick, and he was being coached by Josh McDaniels. How did that not work out?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a 6th round pick, Tom Brandstater.

His name started Tom Bra, he was a 6th round pick, and he was being coached by Josh McDaniels. How did that not work out?

He was the guy that Kenny McKinley owed all of the money to.

Brandstater helped pay off his gambling debts.