• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was trading Russell Wilson a good idea?

Was trading Russell Wilson a good idea?

• It was OK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was a terrible idea, now the Seahawks will turn into the Jets or Raiders LOL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No better options? Anyone think that Jamal Adams moves to LB next year (assuming he's healthy)?
I think they'll give it a try as a rotational OLB

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No better options? Anyone think that Jamal Adams moves to LB next year (assuming he's healthy)?
Yes! Jamal would be better as an LB going after the QB, he’s good at that …

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I wouldn’t either, Geno is better than we all thought, but he’s not worth elite QB money … Broncos have a real problem right now, Russ should actually restructure with them if he’s serious about winning…

I don't think he is better than we all thought. I said last year had they played Geno and not Russell Wilson ( after his injury ) they would have finished with a better record. I also said he would be a .500 QB and his only issue is his turning the ball over in crucial situations... He still does that! He is a .500 QB that can get above that with talent around him. Lockett/Metcalf are no jokes and our Rookie tackles have looked very good also Dissly is a better TE than 90% of you give him credit for. When many of the people on here bitched about resigning him I said he would be the better TE on the team and he is. I had faith in Dissly and Parkinson and looked at Fant as another Everett. Dissly>Parkinson>Fant.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is better than we all thought. I said last year had they played Geno and not Russell Wilson ( after his injury ) they would have finished with a better record. I also said he would be a .500 QB and his only issue is his turning the ball over in crucial situations... He still does that! He is a .500 QB that can get above that with talent around him. Lockett/Metcalf are no jokes and our Rookie tackles have looked very good also Dissly is a better TE than 90% of you give him credit for. When many of the people on here bitched about resigning him I said he would be the better TE on the team and he is. I had faith in Dissly and Parkinson and looked at Fant as another Everett. Dissly>Parkinson>Fant.
Yeah but I don’t think anyone of us saw him having one of the best passing completion percentages in the league… Not a chance we saw that coming… You want Seattle to pay him elite money ? I still don’t fully trust he’s our guy, I don’t think we should commit to Geno long term.. This is a contract year for him and this is the most consistency he’s ever shown, but I still don’t see him as a guy that’s gonna step up in those big moments, I could be wrong, but I’m skeptical…

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I don’t think anyone of us saw him having one of the best passing completion percentages in the league… Not a chance we saw that coming… You want Seattle to pay him elite money ? I still don’t fully trust he’s our guy, I don’t think we should commit to Geno long term.. This is a contract year for him and this is the most consistency he’s ever shown, but I still don’t see him as a guy that’s gonna step up in those big moments, I could be wrong, but I’m skeptical…

Let's also not kid ourselves... Geno has played against some pretty shit teams this year... or ones that have been completely beat up. Seattle's SOS this season was pretty weak...

Now I'm not knocking Geno, the guy is DEFINITELY making plays, but not ready to commit some ridiculous amount of contract money to the guy after a one year wonder. 2 of his remaining 6 games are against a completely DESTROYED Rams team as well...

Anything over $30M per year and 40% guaranteed would be a negative grade for me. If it's a $25M per for 3 years and $30M guaranteed, fine.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a $25M per for 3 years and $30M guaranteed
Now that I could get on board with, but I'd still want the Seahawks to draft a QB they feel could be a franchise type. Won't want the contract for Geno to be any higher in the per year or guaranteed money, unless it's bonus money tied to stats/goals that would make it worth it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I could get on board with, but I'd still want the Seahawks to draft a QB they feel could be a franchise type. Won't want the contract for Geno to be any higher in the per year or guaranteed money, unless it's bonus money tied to stats/goals that would make it worth it.

Yah I'm fine with drafting a QB given Schneider is influencing... but if we don't draft a QB I want EDGE/DL/ILB/C with our first 4. All those positions (maybe with exception of EDGE - Mafe is very raw, Nwosu is new) are reasons we're losing games.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said we should pay him elite money, He is not an elite QB. If some team throws money at Geno I say move on, don't even blink. He still has his turnover problems. Geno Smith averages 2 TO a game for his career. Yes some of those are not his fault but STILL he averages TWO PER GAME.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said we should pay him elite money, He is not an elite QB. If some team throws money at Geno I say move on, don't even blink. He still has his turnover problems. Geno Smith averages 2 TO a game for his career. Yes some of those are not his fault but STILL he averages TWO PER GAME.

That 'interception' though today to Wagner... lmao...

I know that's not what you meant, but that was quite possibly the worst interception ruling in NFL history.

That said, I think Geno is going to get paid.... the fact the guy went into LA and put up nearly 400 yards with zero run game, the OLINE looking like absolute shit (seriously wtf were Cross/Blythe doing? - were they sick/illness status?), the officials clearly trying to fix the game with that INT... I get the fumble was his fault... but yah...

Geno literally won the game for Seattle and kept playoff hopes alive. And he's making Metcalf and Lockett (our two best offensive players) happy.

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like Geno and his story I wouldn't pass on a franchise changing QB if the opportunity is there. These are once in an opportunity to draft in the top end of the draft and acquire some elite talent. With Geno's age I think we could really give him 4 years max to really produce. You don't get better after 32. I am starting to speculate that John and Pete could be very good at spotting/developing QBs apparently they were really high on Josh Allen and wanted to draft him. I am also starting to speculate that RW was probably never that great of a QB to begin with and it PC and JS coaching and team management that really protected him and got the best out of him. What we are seeing now is what RW is if he were to be drafted to another team that didn't know how to set him up for success. Same with Geno Smith I don't think he is all as great as he seems I could easily believe if he were to be traded away to a team like RW he could struggle.

With the way things are looking the Texans are 100% going to take a QB and the Bears may look to end the Justin Field experiment and take a QB too and Chicago's remaining schedule is hell.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like Geno and his story I wouldn't pass on a franchise changing QB if the opportunity is there. These are once in an opportunity to draft in the top end of the draft and acquire some elite talent. With Geno's age I think we could really give him 4 years max to really produce. You don't get better after 32. I am starting to speculate that John and Pete could be very good at spotting/developing QBs apparently they were really high on Josh Allen and wanted to draft him. I am also starting to speculate that RW was probably never that great of a QB to begin with and it PC and JS coaching and team management that really protected him and got the best out of him. What we are seeing now is what RW is if he were to be drafted to another team that didn't know how to set him up for success. Same with Geno Smith I don't think he is all as great as he seems I could easily believe if he were to be traded away to a team like RW he could struggle.

With the way things are looking the Texans are 100% going to take a QB and the Bears may look to end the Justin Field experiment and take a QB too and Chicago's remaining schedule is hell.
if the top two are gone, neither of which I am that interested in drafting, then we should wait until our second pick or even round 2. reaching at #3 or whatever on a probably not that elite prospect over an elite DL would be a mistake in my opinion.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the top two are gone, neither of which I am that interested in drafting, then we should wait until our second pick or even round 2. reaching at #3 or whatever on a probably not that elite prospect over an elite DL would be a mistake in my opinion.

After yesterday I have to buy on Geno.... (still needs to be $25-30M per max) but that guy literally won Seattle the game yesterday. I was thinking this would be a no brainer win, but with like half the team dealing with 'illness' which was the flu... yah... bunch of guys not at 100%. It very much showed for the OL who played IMO their worst game of the season (I mean if Aaron Donald was in there Smith might be 6 feet under), the entire runningback crew went out... yah Geno still had his wideouts, but he's gotta make the throw dealing with pressure.

Then the defense shit the bed again with fuckin' Barton out there 50+ snaps AGAIN...

Don't even get me started on the refs and the worst interception/fumble, whatever call in NFL history. The head ref should 100% be fired after that bullshit.

Yah, Geno literally won the game for us yesterday... and everyone outside of the wideouts and Woolen/Nwosu was doing their best to lose it.

Now all said, in John I trust (at least with QBs), but if we snag Carter, an ILB and best available Center/EDGE with our first 4 picks, I'm going to instantly blow a load right through the wall. ANYTHING over Barton is an improvement, the DL just sucks... Austin Blythe can't run block or do anything well outside of snap the fuckin' ball, and Taylor is flat out just too big of a liability against the run..... and an AVERAGE pass rusher at best.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After yesterday I have to buy on Geno.... (still needs to be $25-30M per max) but that guy literally won Seattle the game yesterday.

I don't think so, I think coaching and the fact that AD was out is what won them the game yesterday. You must have watched a different QB or game than I did because I saw the Hawks in a dog fight with a team with no offense and the best damn player in the NFL out on defense. To me the Hawks won because of the missing players on the Rams and coaching then the play of DK and Lockett before Geno even gets a look. He had two balls in that game that SHOULD have been INT's and he is lucky neither one were. Get off his dick because he is nothing but a average to slightly above average QB.

All you have to do is look at that one play where Lockett settled down and Geno threw it where he thought Lockett would go. WHY would Lockett run himself into coverage? WHY would you throw that ball Into the coverage? Lockett settled down in the hole and THATS where the ball needs to be delivered.

The TD catch by Metcalf thats all on Metcalf as he had a guy all over his back and a QB shouldn't throw that ball there was ZERO space to fit that in but Metcalf just out muscled the guy. Hitting a WIDE open Lockett who did an amazing run after catch again thats more on Lockett as he was flat out uncovered because he is a stud. I could have thrown that pass.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TD catch by Metcalf thats all on Metcalf as he had a guy all over his back and a QB shouldn't throw that ball there was ZERO space to fit that in but Metcalf just out muscled the guy. Hitting a WIDE open Lockett who did an amazing run after catch again thats more on Lockett as he was flat out uncovered because he is a stud. I could have thrown that pass.

yes he made a few bad throws on that last drive that could have ended the game, but the TD pass to metcalf was threading a needle. dude has all the talent necessary, he just couldnt finish. but he did finish, give him some damn credit.

outside of the niners game, geno has kept the team in every game even when the defense is doing its best effort to be worst ever

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady threw 2 TD's in 3 minutes...

Russell Wilson hasn't thrown a TD in 63 minutes

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we fall to that #5 or #6 spot where we won't 'get J. Carter, I wonder if we're in a position where a team who wants a QB leap frog a team to ensure they get a QB... If that's the case, we could still trade down with that team a few spots and still get a guy like DL, Bryan Bresee or DL, Myles Murphy, while moving up in the 1st w/our 2nd pick in the 1st or getting an additional 1st & 2nd/3rd rounder... Just ball parking here...

For example, if Carolina picks behind us (who may want Levis) and we're #5 and they're #6, another team may want to move into our #5 position to take Levis or a different QB so the Panthers don't take em.. A team like the Colts/Falcons could possibly want to do that since they could be drafting around the #8 or #9 spot right now in the 1st... We could still get a top DL there at that spot if we traded down while picking up additional picks...

Just thinking out loud in case we find ourselves falling out of the Will Anderson/Jalen Carter sweepstakes... IF we're not going to take a QB we could be in the driver seat in this scenerio...

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we really need to hope for is that all of the top rated QBs have strong bowl games and interviews and a bunch of teams jump into grab QBs.