• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: URI @ AZ

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
York get yours!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You GOTTA love the "scrubs" on this years team. Reminds me of way back in 88, when the team would routinely be up by 30+ points late in games and when they emptied the bench the OG Gumbies came in and played just as hard as the starters.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top thread of the day on SportsHoopla. :first:

I'm still on ESPN and have had some people ask me where everyone is and told them to come over. I'm sure by the time the first of the year rolls around we will have a much larger group of Cats fans on this board.

I will do my part.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys, I'm out. Bear Down, and bring on Drexel!!!!!

Good showing against the zone tonight. Great job by NJ, and TJ got his 5 assists. 7 players with 8+ pts.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Johnson could be starting on a NBA team because he would be a great defensive stopper like Tony Allen except Johnson has a better 3 point shot. Hes a great athlete, hes developed a nice 3 point shot, and he can lock up defenders should easily be in the NBA.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Johnson could be starting on a NBA team because he would be a great defensive stopper like Tony Allen except Johnson has a better 3 point shot. Hes a great athlete, hes developed a nice 3 point shot, and he can lock up defenders should easily be in the NBA.

Pretty sure he is a 4 year guy.

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game. Next week should be fun. I think a lot of people are going to be critical on Aaron Gordon in his stake for the claim as best freshman. What I think will be overlooked is the 7 other equally as competent weapons Arizona has in the rotation. Too much talent on this team for Aaron to be a 20/10 guy night in night out like these other frosh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO there are 5 guys who will most definitely see time in the NBA on this team: Bunnies, Gordon, Ashley, Tarc and RHJ. McConnell has great court vision, but he isn't tall enough for his lack of quickness. York could make it, but only time will tell, depends on his growth physically and mentally.

There is no doubt that Nick Johnson has all the tools to be a solid NBA player, even if it's the 7th or 8th guy off the bench. Just depends on how much he improves his J and his handles over the next year, or two.

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he is a 4 year guy.

We can only hope. If he leaves though, I think we will be in good hands with York, TJ and S.Johnson at the small spots. Not to mention improved Elliot Pitts and the introduction Parker Jackson Cartwright

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game. Next week should be fun. I think a lot of people are going to be critical on Aaron Gordon in his stake for the claim as best freshman. What I think will be overlooked is the 7 other equally as competent weapons Arizona has in the rotation. Too much talent on this team for Aaron to be a 20/10 guy night in night out like these other frosh

Don't mistake the uber-hype-machine of ESPN for what is in Gordon's mind. He is a team-first guy. He is never going to average more than 12-14 points on a team this deep and talented.

ESPN wants to make this whole season about the Freshmen, because they think that will drive ratings. But that is not what drives Gordon. He is the type of guy who could get 5 points and 8 boards and be happy, so long as the team got the W.