• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G16 9-3-3 Kings vs St Louis Blues 11/18/23

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings from Kingman, AZ. Rolled in yesterday to spend the weekend with Ms Puck I, crazy how much she has grown up. Having a good time with her, she's been showing us around, interesting place. She's moving back to SoCal soon so I'm helping get some stuff ready (opening a bank account, all that fun stuff) and then I'll probably be back here soon to move her back to CA. We have DTV in the hotel but of course no BSW so I don't think I'll be able to catch the game.

Interesting game tonight, the Blues are 8-6-1 so not too bad, but their PP is actually worse than LAs if that's fathomable (7%). PK isn't good either (78%) so they're winning a lot of their games at ES. Goaltending is meh.

Robert Thomas had turned into quite a player, leads them with 6G/11A. Funny how these two teams almost mirrored each other during the heavy hockey days, now not so much.

Copley apparently starting, he needs some games but that 4.59 GAA and .792 SP is gross. I really hope he doesn't shit the bed tonight otherwise I think Rittich really needs to be recalled. Haven't heard anything about PLD and the injury yet but assuming he will be in.

Prediction: 5-3 Kings, Fiala with 2. Buster gets his obligatory secondary assist after not being able to hitch a ride on someone last game.

Let's Go Kings!

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you’re about an hour 15 to an hour and a half away from me.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the goals, I missed the first 5 minutes. Was Buster’s goal a solid one?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost moved to Kingman AZ, glad i didnt....i woulda missed NV

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL rule of thumb is that if a team is making the playoffs at the American Thanksgiving, they will make the playoffs at the end of the season. How deep will the Kings go?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing first period. First two goals were decent. Pressure and getting to the net. Byfield goal was him getting a few chances and burying after a few whacks. Lizotte's goal off a good forecheck and turnover. Talbot with some big saves, especially when it was 2-0 and shorthanded. Kempe's goal was beautiful. PLD give and go with Kaliyev outstanding too. Blues seemed pretty lost for a chunk there. I didn't think PLD's fall the other night looked THAT bad but was still surprised he was already back in the lineup tonight.

I missed the second. Sounded like Blues were pushing. Fox said by third period scoring chances were even, so Kings just burying their chances. But I think Blues playing catch-up probably was why they evened out. My opinion.

A few home wins feels good. Sitting at 10-3-3 looks pretty solid. Not much to complain about. They did mention schedule will catch up with them if they don't figure out the Copley situation. They said he's been going on 20 minutes before everyone and staying 20 after, so there's that.

Very interested to see how Kings fair against this resurgent Vancouver team and then Edmonton who have strung a few in a row together. But looks like not until late December on those.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talbot is typically a solid goalie, just not one that can go hard the whole season. Copely will become a huge problem if that doesnt get better or addressed as it will ruin what we are getting in Talbot soon.

I am curious how the Kings can do against team like the Nucks

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any news on Lizzo? He left the game after taking a hit, was in concussion protocol.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any news on Lizzo? He left the game after taking a hit, was in concussion protocol.

Daryl Evans indicated he thought Lizotte didn't come back because of the score of the game. Just wasn't worth risking him playing maybe 2-3 more shifts. But I haven't heard any updates since he got hit.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who lit a fire under Buster? I’m not complaining, but he seems to be effective on the ice.

Exactly where I am. He battled for that goal. While that is great, B6 Grundstrom has 6, double what Buster has in way less minutes and not as talented linemates or opportunities. He absolutely needs to step up, he's on a 1 goal per month pace. Not acceptable for where he was drafted, who he plays with and what minutes he gets.

Sometimes I get the sense this dude is just going to break that fourth wall, but hasn't happened yet. Would love to see it so he can shut my old ass up.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHORTY! For Kempe!

Beautiful play and goal. I watched the replay and when he bounced that puck off the boards and was gone you just knew he was going to score.

This guy has turned into a legitimate gamer and underrated star. He's going to get the Kopitar treatment unfortunately because he plays on the West Coast.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost moved to Kingman AZ, glad i didnt....i woulda missed NV

Kingman was actually a lot bigger than I thought. There is a ton of stuff, we spent 3 days just wandering around, eating places, seeing things, there's a lot of history. I was imagining what these people in the 1700s and 1800s did, going on buggies on the same roads I was driving on.

Very conservative area, which is fine with me because I'm a Libertarian. But damn were some people over the top conservatives, it was a little alarming to be honest. Everything was definitely cheaper, I filled up at $6.47 a gallon in CA, $4.40 in AZ for 91 both at 76. I have already planned my exit strategy from this state, it's a liberal shithole and it shows from homelessness to gas to food to everything. Keep the sunshine, that shit is free everywhere. I have a CCW and there are always 2 firearms in my truck, it felt like freedom having those on me and in public. Message sent, don't f**k around and it's a great deterrent for criminals. I absolutely will shoot you zero f**ks given.

Stopped at Kimgman Harley and checked bikes out, bought her a hat, me and a buddy T shirts and a wall plate for my man cave here at home. They had a guide called Ride Arizona, I was amazed at how many roads there are there that would be awesome on the bike throughout the state.

Only thing I couldn't fathom was the no helmet law, no freaking way - I wear one all the time and would even in an optional state. You're just an idiot if you don't wear one while riding.

Last edited:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talbot is typically a solid goalie, just not one that can go hard the whole season. Copely will become a huge problem if that doesnt get better or addressed as it will ruin what we are getting in Talbot soon.

I am curious how the Kings can do against team like the Nucks

Copley is a massive problem. I know Kingsters like to point to 24 wins, but honestly I believe any serviceable goalie would have accomplished that. His actual numbers were extremely average, he is not an NHL goaltender. Never has been, never will be. Great story however.

The Canucks' emergece has been interesting, I wasn't expecting that. I'm definitely looking forward to that match up.