• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: URI @ AZ

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I know but its just funny. Even as an ASU fan im laughing at "Uofa better hope ASU doesn't become elite in basketball" Come on WhoDat! :laugh3:

Elite this year.. Which they've yet to prove. Yes they're ranked high. But are they final four material? Is any PAC team? Because we need that Elite team this year.. Get it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just landed the home of the USA Men's basketball facility on Campus. Will have two top-10 draft picks in the last 5 years. Have NBA connections through staff members. Will soon renovate our stadium. Have one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in the nation. Have a huge geographic recruiting base. Have every amenity a young kid could want. If you were a HS kid would you want to practice with Kobe, James, Paul? Play under someone that knows what it takes at the next level from personal expierence? And live in on of the best social atmospheres in the world? ASU was investing heavily in BB under Patterson. We'll see what the next AD brings. But we are on track to have a very competitive team.

Not to harp on the obvious, but asu fans have been talking about how the devils were the "team of the future" since Headache Smith was on campus. Fact is, Harden was(is) a dominant player, one of the top-10 Pac10(12) players I've seen in my 25+ years of following the conference. However, Sendek was never able to build on the small amout of success they had during that period.

Not trying to be a jerk. I mean, we have been waiting for asu to be good for a generation... because it sucks when teams come to AZ for the road trip and can rest players in Tempe in order to focus on Tucson. Would be great if you guys were in the top half of the conference year-in-year-out.

However, this is now the 1,343th time I have read a post from an asu fan talking about the future of asu basketball being bright. Learn the lesson: Don't brag about the future that you don't have. Focus on the present.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two top ten picks in the last five years? Please don't tell me you think Carson is a top 10 pick. lololol

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sendek had momentum with recruits. But he couldnt change his style of play to fit his teams post Harden era, the 3-2 match up zone and his slow motion system would no longer work post 2009-2010. Recruited a couple top 100 recruits that would leave because they didn't fit his boring style of play. Because of his boring style of play he couldn't fill up the seats and that impacted recruits like DeMar DeRozan who were highly considering ASU. Talented players had to de commit because of Herbs poor coaching on young players, and lack of playing time.

Mussleman saved the ASU program, notice how when he came in he added an uptempo system, suggested ASU to start playing in man. And developed Carrick Felix to become an NBA talent. Sendek had a chance to turn ASU around but Sendek shit the bed post Harden era and is now starting to build the program back up with an exciting style of play and players that fit the system. Starting to get some credibility back but his class this year wasnt talented enough for us to say "hes turning it around". Jahii saved his job, but he needs to land some other big time recruits. I love ASU but Sendek isn't the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be a first rounder, and contributor in the NBA for sure. But there's no way in hell he goes in the top 10 this year. Not a chance.

Obviously but hes 5'10 I just want him to be like Isiah Thomas or Nate Robinson. "little guy big heart".

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm out fellas. Great convo. See you on the next threads

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT a bit (a lot)... I just got the most creative email in my spam inbox. The subject line is: "Become a sex-magnet in your neighborhood"

Boggles the mind. First of all I thought about googling "sex-magnet", but thought better of it because of the amount of Hentai that would come up... and then I thought about what my neighbors would think if I was magnetizing myself towards them in a sexual manor. Probably best if I just delete it without opening it up. Could be trouble for everyone involved.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye im out unless anyone has anything to say on my previous comments.

Mussleman is the best thing that happened, obviously. We have been talking about him and his potential as a coach for the last 5+ years. Jahii is great, and short. Does that about cover it?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke has a game before they play Alabama. So they play a game outside of the tournament while they are in the tournament. wtf?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mussleman is the best thing that happened, obviously. We have been talking about him and his potential as a coach for the last 5+ years. Jahii is great, and short. Does that about cover it?

And Herb has a dick in his ass. And Miller is already a better coach then him. And Herb should feel bad about it nightly and should be crying about how bad of a coach he is, while NC State fans laugh at him. Yup that covers it. :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good wrap up to the game:

Coach Dan Hurley was quoted after the game on his impression of the Wildcats.

"We were kind of shell-shocked," he said. "They're a very good team at both ends of the floor. They contest everything from the 3-point line and at the basket. I imagine that's as close to playing an NBA team in terms of personnel and ability. That's as good a college basketball team as I've seen in person."

so... either Dan never watched his brother Bobby play with Grant Hill at Dook, when they won back-to-back national championships, or he believes that this years Arizona team is more talented. Either way, it is high praise from a quality coach.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShGvY_ZAiKw]Aaron Gordon reverse alley-oop #SCtop10 - YouTube[/ame]

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This feels gross but it was uploaded so here blah!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justise Winslow deciding tomorrow???? What can this mean!!! Make it happen JW!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha #youre next. Man I sure hope he picks Arizona. I know most analysts think he's going to Dook but I find it interesting that he suddenly moved his announcement from the spring to tomorrow a week after SJ made his announcement. I guess we'll wait and see....