• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCF building up that OOC in 2021

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot Clemson has one in CFP poll but I think none in other polls. Still, what does it take for a G5 with better record, opponents record, and more top 25 wins isn't good enough to rank higher than a P5 team?
In my opinion, "top 25" isn't enough. There are 105 others out there. Playing #130 isn't the same as playing #26.

Also, the quality of opponents takes into consideration the "stars" of their athletes recruited. Not just the W-L record.

So beating under-performing teams of P5 schools with 3 and 4 star athletes, has more weight than than beating a G5 school with 2 star athletes, that is well coached and is beating poor/average teams.

What will it take for a g5 to make it?
Must be undefeated
Must beat a couple top 25 teams
Most P5 teams need to have 1 loss or more.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feelings are the reason people don't think their results aren't good enough.

Hmm, no. It’s their results on the field. When you play inferior talent you don’t get to count a win over a 7-5 AAC team more than a 7-5 P5 team. UCF is a blip on the radar, if they want to prove they are big boys then go the route Oregon Nike first bought them and do 2-1’s. You can’t play at the kiddie table then throw a tantrum that the grown ups don’t award you a seat.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot Clemson has one in CFP poll but I think none in other polls. Still, what does it take for a G5 with better record, opponents record, and more top 25 wins isn't good enough to rank higher than a P5 team?

Well there isn't a G5 with a better record than a playoff team this year, so...

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, "top 25" isn't enough. There are 105 others out there. Playing #130 isn't the same as playing #26.

Also, the quality of opponents takes into consideration the "stars" of their athletes recruited. Not just the W-L record.

So beating under-performing teams of P5 schools with 3 and 4 star athletes, has more weight than than beating a G5 school with 2 star athletes, that is well coached and is beating poor/average teams.

What will it take for a g5 to make it?
Must be undefeated
Must beat a couple top 25 teams
Most P5 teams need to have 1 loss or more.

I agree that 26 doesn't equal 130 but I disagree that subjective recruiting rankings should have any value. This is difference between a beauty contest and a rules driven competition. In the latter, being a better team is a competitive advantage towards accomplishing what the rules in play value. In the former, you are simply asserting that P5 teams get more credit even for lesser results because they are still better teams.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there isn't a G5 with a better record than a playoff team this year, so...

I wasn't claiming there was. However, there are examples of G5 with better numbers in the stats listed but still being ranked much lower.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, no. It’s their results on the field. When you play inferior talent you don’t get to count a win over a 7-5 AAC team more than a 7-5 P5 team. UCF is a blip on the radar, if they want to prove they are big boys then go the route Oregon Nike first bought them and do 2-1’s. You can’t play at the kiddie table then throw a tantrum that the grown ups don’t award you a seat.

Assigning value based on subjective claims about perceived abilities is precisely why a beauty contest format is worthless.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that 26 doesn't equal 130 but I disagree that subjective recruiting rankings should have any value. This is difference between a beauty contest and a rules driven competition. In the latter, being a better team is a competitive advantage towards accomplishing what the rules in play value. In the former, you are simply asserting that P5 teams get more credit even for lesser results because they are still better teams.
Everyone is dealing with the same subjective rankings of the recruits, and it's been proven time and time again, the more stars, the greater chance of getting to the NFL. There are few exceptions.

Because the talent level is much higher at P5 teams, on the whole, beating a 6-6 P5 is more impressive than beating a 6-6 G5 with a weaker schedule.

And yes, I am asserting that P5 teams get more credit. The eyeball test is also a big factor. Look at Alabama this year.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't claiming there was. However, there are examples of G5 with better numbers in the stats listed but still being ranked much lower.

Feel free to show an example of a G5 team with a stronger SOS and better record than a playoff team for that same season.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is dealing with the same subjective rankings of the recruits, and it's been proven time and time again, the more stars, the greater chance of getting to the NFL. There are few exceptions.

Because the talent level is much higher at P5 teams, on the whole, beating a 6-6 P5 is more impressive than beating a 6-6 G5 with a weaker schedule.

And yes, I am asserting that P5 teams get more credit. The eyeball test is also a big factor. Look at Alabama this year.

I'm not disputing any subjective claims. My point is that greater talent is a competitive advantage only under an objectively determined competition and that is how it should be. With polls and committees, P5 teams are getting favored for simply being better even when have lesser records and top 25 wins. As such, when has a G5 done enough? Depending on who is speaking, the demands are often much greater than precedent for G5 teams and even for some P5 teams.

And to even try to achieve them, a good G5 has to short it's fans and tv partners by playing fewer home games indefinitely on P5 terms who don't really have much more incentive to play UCF than FCS team where the committee is concerned.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to show an example of a G5 team with a stronger SOS and better record than a playoff team for that same season.

Not my claim and there is no universal SOS standard. That said 2017 UCF had a better record and more top 25 wins than Alabama.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going out of your way to play the worst teams in the country is not a good start.

Meh. I'm guessing that UCF isn't so concerned anymore about being respected as contenders. I figure their 2019 tastes of Pitt, Cincy and Tulsa dick have them just feeling happy that they weren't born women.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my claim and there is no universal SOS standard. That said 2017 UCF had a better record and more top 25 wins than Alabama.

UCF's SOS was 72. Alabama's was 27.

Top 25 is just an arbitrary number. Look at the entirety of the schedule.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF's SOS was 72. Alabama's was 27.

Top 25 is just an arbitrary number. Look at the entirety of the schedule.

I do look at the entire schedule. Also, what SOS are you using? Furthermore, are you telling me that no undefeated team with an SOS of 72 has ever ranked higher than a one loss team with an SOS of 27. And I agree that the cutoff of top 25 is arbitrary and doesn't guarantee anything. However, there are stats by themselves and in combination when they favor one team over another are highly predictable of that team being ranked higher in the polls or just being ranked in or near the top four. The exceptions often seem to disfavor non major teams and contradict precedent. For example, what explains how TCU makes the top three under the BCS but 2017 UCF is 12th under CFP despite an arguably stronger resume? Or 1996 BYU with one loss and one top 25 win is 5th in AP but one loss 2019 Memphis with three top 25 wins is 17th in CFP? Even if we stipulate for argument's sake that their resumes aren't good enough to make the playoffs, there clearly is no consistent evaluation of G5 resumes that makes any logical sense and gives those teams a clear idea of what takes to make the playoffs so that they can be sure playing strong P5 teams on their terms is worth it should they win.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better stats against inferior competition. Seriously learn to FBS kid

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do look at the entire schedule. Also, what SOS are you using? Furthermore, are you telling me that no undefeated team with an SOS of 72 has ever ranked higher than a one loss team with an SOS of 27. And I agree that the cutoff of top 25 is arbitrary and doesn't guarantee anything. However, there are stats by themselves and in combination when they favor one team over another are highly predictable of that team being ranked higher in the polls or just being ranked in or near the top four. The exceptions often seem to disfavor non major teams and contradict precedent. For example, what explains how TCU makes the top three under the BCS but 2017 UCF is 12th under CFP despite an arguably stronger resume? Or 1996 BYU with one loss and one top 25 win is 5th in AP but one loss 2019 Memphis with three top 25 wins is 17th in CFP? Even if we stipulate for argument's sake that their resumes aren't good enough to make the playoffs, there clearly is no consistent evaluation of G5 resumes that makes any logical sense and gives those teams a clear idea of what takes to make the playoffs so that they can be sure playing strong P5 teams on their terms is worth it should they win.

Are you really trying to argue UCF deserved to be on the same field as Alabama and Clemson? Did Antonio Brown spray crazy jizz on you?

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better stats against inferior competition. Seriously learn to FBS kid

The disadvantage to playing inferior competition is that they post better numbers at a much lower rate. It shouldn't be that when they happen to post better numbers, it still doesn't count by simply asserting that P5 teams are better. Better is a competitive advantage only towards posting better numbers under any possible rules. Determining a winner is not about validating better teams.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really trying to argue UCF deserved to be on the same field as Alabama and Clemson? Did Antonio Brown spray crazy jizz on you?

My POV is that college football should adopt rules that determine the value each team's season based on facts derived from game results only without regard to identity and perception. If the better teams can't beat a perceived lesser team at any possible rules, they lose. Having a committee vote them higher simply for being better teams is absurd.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The disadvantage to playing inferior competition is that they post better numbers at a much lower rate. It shouldn't be that when they happen to post better numbers, it still doesn't count by simply asserting that P5 teams are better. Better is a competitive advantage only towards posting better numbers under any possible rules. Determining a winner is not about validating better teams.
You just talked yourself in a circle of nonsense. Seriously i dont care that it's not fair, they dont even bother to schedule better teams. G5's have no right to complain when they play in inferior conferences as is evident by what little H2H there is in OOC. So not only are G5 teams they play as part of their conference schedule weak, but they then schedule and lose to weak p5 programs if they schedule any P5's at all.

Demanding "equal rights" when it comes to home scheduling is also nonsense. The draw to watch g5 teams isnt there which is also evident when they cant even fill their highschool stadiums regularly, and when they do get on tv they dont draw the eyeballs that big time programs do. G5's need P5's it isnt the other way around so you can suck that big fat dick too.

Keep trying. Maybe one day you will understand FBS. I suggest you go back to watching peewee or maybe some soccer? you seem like a foot fairy

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just talked yourself in a circle of nonsense. Seriously i dont care that it's not fair, they dont even bother to schedule better teams. G5's have no right to complain when they play in inferior conferences as is evident by what little H2H there is in OOC. So not only are G5 teams they play as part of their conference schedule weak, but they then schedule and lose to weak p5 programs if they schedule any P5's at all.

Demanding "equal rights" when it comes to home scheduling is also nonsense. The draw to watch g5 teams isnt there which is also evident when they cant even fill their highschool stadiums regularly, and when they do get on tv they dont draw the eyeballs that big time programs do. G5's need P5's it isnt the other way around so you can suck that big fat dick too.

Keep trying. Maybe one day you will understand FBS. I suggest you go back to watching peewee or maybe some soccer? you seem like a foot fairy

No kidding they don't generate the fan support and interest under a format that denies them a reasonable opportunity to compete. I have no issue with compelling G5 teams to schedule better but you have a system that does not tell them when they scheduled well enough and does not give top P5 teams a strong enough incentive to play top G5 teams. If you aren't interested in fairness, so be it but pretending the unfairness is justified because of what they are under the unfair system is a better example of circular nonsense. By that way, should all sports/competitions be formatted to favor teams with greater fan support and larger TV audiences? Even among P5 teams, people suspect the committee favors bigger names whenever possible. Is that remotely defensible?

By the way, P5 leagues need G5 leagues to play their part in a two class system designed solely for their financial benefit because they want 7+ home games. If they take their ball and form a new classification, they will either all have to play six and six unless they still expect to be able to schedule 3-4 games versus officially lower division G5 teams.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding they don't generate the fan support and interest under a format that denies them a reasonable opportunity to compete. I have no issue with compelling G5 teams to schedule better but you have a system that does not tell them when they scheduled well enough and does not give top P5 teams a strong enough incentive to play top G5 teams. If you aren't interested in fairness, so be it but pretending the unfairness is justified because of what they are under the unfair system is a better example of circular nonsense. By that way, should all sports/competitions be formatted to favor teams with greater fan support and larger TV audiences? Even among P5 teams, people suspect the committee favors bigger names whenever possible. Is that remotely defensible?

By the way, P5 leagues need G5 leagues to play their part in a two class system designed solely for their financial benefit because they want 7+ home games. If they take their ball and form a new classification, they will either all have to play six and six unless they still expect to be able to schedule 3-4 games versus officially lower division G5 teams.
They dont generate support and interest because nobody cares about those teams, it has nothing to do with "the system"

You have no clue what you are talking about. Stop your bitching and moaning. You dont even FBS