• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCF building up that OOC in 2021

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^Retard that will never understand FBS

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good start would be to make it clear what the required schedule is and give top P5 teams a competitive incentive to schedule the likes of UCF.

The incentive that needs to be made is financial. Why would Clemson want to lose the revenue it would make playing a team that they can charge premium ticket prices for like an Auburn/UGA/A&M/LSU/OU by playing someone like UCF that they can't charge premium ticket prices for? Is UCF willing to make up the several million dollars we would lose by replacing one of those teams with them?

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The incentive that needs to be made is financial. Why would Clemson want to lose the revenue it would make playing a team that they can charge premium ticket prices for like an Auburn/UGA/A&M/LSU/OU by playing someone like UCF that they can't charge premium ticket prices for? Is UCF willing to make up the several million dollars we would lose by replacing one of those teams with them?
This sounds like Clemson is scared to play UCF.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like Clemson is scared to play UCF.

Hardly. I mean Pitt beat them, how tough can they be?

The only thing that scares me about playing UCF is Heupel's fat ass eating all the nachos at the Esso Club and I can't order a Nacho Mountain.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My argument is that the competitive incentive to schedule quality G5 teams like UCF should be much greater than the worst G5s or FCS teams. If a P5 wants to schedule two of the latter because they get both at home versus a 1 for 1 with the likes of UCF for financial reasons so be it, but beating UCF should be worth much more in the rankings/standings. As things stand, it really doesn't hurt top P5 teams to schedule an FCS team compared to UCF or Boise State.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument is that the competitive incentive to schedule quality G5 teams like UCF should be much greater than the worst G5s or FCS teams. If a P5 wants to schedule two of the latter because they get both at home versus a 1 for 1 with the likes of UCF for financial reasons so be it, but beating UCF should be worth much more in the rankings/standings. As things stand, it really doesn't hurt top P5 teams to schedule an FCS team compared to UCF or Boise State.

Except UCF isn't like Boise State. You schedule Boise State five years in advance you feel pretty good that you'll at least have a good game on the schedule because they haven't had a losing season in 22 years. You schedule UCF five years out and they are just as likely to be bad as they are good.

That's the primary reason why none of the top teams want to do a home and home with UCF.....you don't want to get stuck with an empty stadium and drags on your SOS for two years.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except UCF isn't like Boise State. You schedule Boise State five years in advance you feel pretty good that you'll at least have a good game on the schedule because they haven't had a losing season in 22 years. You schedule UCF five years out and they are just as likely to be bad as they are good.

That's the primary reason why none of the top teams want to do a home and home with UCF.....you don't want to get stuck with an empty stadium and drags on your SOS for two years.

And that is fair reason to schedule an opponent that is more dependable where SOS concerned. Of course, most are playing 3-4 games against the worst G5 teams now. The difference is that they really don't need quality OOC schedules under this system.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is fair reason to schedule an opponent that is more dependable where SOS concerned. Of course, most are playing 3-4 games against the worst G5 teams now. The difference is that they really don't need quality OOC schedules under this system.

The G5 teams that the teams are taking payday game offers and not demanding home and home series like UCF is. You can't just discount that out of hand.

Florida was willing to play UCF, but not in a home and home because of financial reasons.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The G5 teams that the teams are taking payday game offers and not demanding home and home series like UCF is. You can't just discount that out of hand.

Florida was willing to play UCF, but not in a home and home because of financial reasons.

I understand all of that. The point is that this sport is set up to benefit P5 financial interests and those interests benefit even more by making it nearly impossible for any G5 team to break the playoff "concrete" ceiling. Even with the expectations that UCF has to agree to such deals.........how many and for how long and what has to happen for their schedule to be playoff worthy under a committee format?

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand all of that. The point is that this sport is set up to benefit P5 financial interests and those interests benefit even more by making it nearly impossible for any G5 team to break the playoff "concrete" ceiling. Even with the expectations that UCF has to agree to such deals.........how many and for how long and what has to happen for their schedule to be playoff worthy under a committee format?

I don't know. Certainly a long time when you are playing an OOC of Boise State, @ Louisville, and UCONN like they are in 2021.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games should be played? Should it be like the NFL where they play 41% of the league? So 54 week schedule, plus conference championship games, plus playing a 16 team playoff?

That sounds FUCKING GREAT

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whittle down teams to just one per state. Then set up an NFL type schedule.

I mean.. do we really care about education? This is football!
but then you guys might have to occasionally leave the state for an OOC game...

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF knows they are trash. They aren't even bothering to attempt to schedule tougher teams anymore.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF knows they are trash. They aren't even bothering to attempt to schedule tougher teams anymore.

What is the required schedule given that P5 teams do not have played a ranked team to make the playoffs?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the required schedule given that P5 teams do not have played a ranked team to make the playoffs?

What is required is for you to form a sentence in English before getting a response.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the playoff teams this season, beat ranked teams.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the playoff teams this season, beat ranked teams.

I forgot Clemson has one in CFP poll but I think none in other polls. Still, what does it take for a G5 with better record, opponents record, and more top 25 wins isn't good enough to rank higher than a P5 team?