• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trevor Bauer suspended 2 years

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did say I misread the Rose comment and attributed it to Bauer.

What I am saying is your tone and response to this all initially was a whole lot more level than this spiking the football on...I can't even see who the hell you guys are talking about. No one in this thread believed the accusations as a whole. And the entire reason I responded as I did is because several of you tried making it political....while complaining about people making it political.

But yea you did not verbatim say you agreed to the suspension as I initially thought. Better?
It was a breaking story. Of course I was not “spiking the football”. Doing so before knowing anything is just stupid, no matter what the conclusion of the story ends up being. If YOU were spiking the football being anti-suspension from the start (I didn’t go back and reread the thread for your tone), I would argue that would have been premature. There was evidence that Bauer was getting railroaded, but the ignorant public (you, me and everyone else in this board) really had no idea.

And I have not been pushing the political (RvD) aspect of this story. I made a single observation about swallowing narratives, but still never mentioned RvD or CvL or RvL or whatever other kinds of labels exist. My tone has been there (from the beginning) about mocking the “Believe her” crowd. But that isn’t political, imho. That is just anti-sheep.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s really weird. Does anyone like liars? Does anyone value a selfish disreputable person that would lie about something like this in order to have a financial windfall? I don’t know of anyone who wouldn’t detest a person like that. But people are fucking stupid and tribal and it’s a dangerous combination. They’re easily convinced that the root of all evil exists in the other tribe or tribes.

yep

should be a pretty easy case where we all agree this chick is trifling and it's not some greater narrative

Outside of the one Athletic columnist...I will grant that is pretty messed up. But again dude dropped the suit on her.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a breaking story. Of course I was not “spiking the football”. Doing so before knowing anything is just stupid, no matter what the conclusion of the story ends up being. If YOU were spiking the football being anti-suspension from the start (I didn’t go back and reread the thread for your tone), I would argue that would have been premature. There was evidence that Bauer was getting railroaded, but the ignorant public (you, me and everyone else in this board) really had no idea.

And I have not been pushing the political (RvD) aspect of this story. I made a single observation about swallowing narratives, but still never mentioned RvD or CvL or RvL or whatever other kinds of labels exist. My tone has been there (from the beginning) about mocking the “Believe her” crowd. But that isn’t political, imho. That is just anti-sheep.

I can live with this take

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a crazy situation. There were certainly signs this wasn't legit but did MLB have all that info and let's not forget the woman did get the shit beat out of her. This wasn't a simple he said, she said. I don't believe he gave her the beating but it's hard to believe someone let another person do that to them in an attempt to sue a guy. She obviously picked the wrong guy.
Let's also not forget that this is a guy MANY of his teammates and fellow ballplayers could not stand personally which didn't help. So the Dodgers and MLB had to deal with pictures of a woman who got beaten up pretty bad, teammates saying they wouldn't step foot in the same locker room as the guy, there would have been massive protests and the guy admittedly was into some kinky shit.
I believe he lost about 36 mil with the suspension. MLB should reimburse him (Drop in the bucket for them), apologize saying they didn't have all the info just like Bauer's lawyers didn't early on and reinstate him immediately.

totally agree

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #MeToo movement needed to happen. But we also knew that there would be women seeing an opportunity and cash windfall by exploiting it.

That being said, a professional athlete these days needs to be smart about who he chooses to wine and dine. Bauer is guilty of being dumb and gullible but the only person he fucked without permission was himself.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #MeToo movement needed to happen. But we also knew that there would be women seeing an opportunity and cash windfall by exploiting it.

That being said, a professional athlete these days needs to be smart about who he chooses to wine and dine. Bauer is guilty of being dumb and gullible but the only person he fucked without permission was himself.

It was a bs money grab

And people looking to monetize and get revenge for their own poor decisions

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

It's not as cut and dried as Eaglesnut makes it out to be.
Yes it is. Bauer got railroaded because it was politically convenient.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean he is a pretty smart guy but guys don't think with their heads a lot but even then how the hell would he know all this. People put up a front. I had it happen to me before (not to this extent), a lot of guys had it happen. So many fake, money-hungry women out there that just want money.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like that

Speaking of Texas, they should sign bauer this winter….

nice transition!

I just like their bats

and those fuckers got Langford coming too

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like that

Speaking of Texas, they should sign bauer this winter….

Dodgers could use him about now with all their SP injuries and Urias' "issues". He's still on their payroll for this season.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers could use him about now with all their SP injuries and Urias' "issues". He's still on their payroll for this season.

man....truth be told Urias deserves 2 years moreso than Bauer

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that #Metoo did have to happen but the "Believe all women" mantra that went along with it was ridiculous from the start and