• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t'Official offseason thread

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Cowan on waivers.

Let the buyouts commence.

Jeff Cowan has made a comeback?

Because he wouldn't be talking about the super-awesome Jared Cowen, would he?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Cowan has made a comeback?

Because he wouldn't be talking about the super-awesome Jared Cowen, would he?

Ah yes, nice pickup Kenny, Dreger doesn't know how to spell. It is indeed the super-awesome Jared Cowen.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Randy at the helm again, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Brabarian get a PTO with the Ducks.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you heff to be mad? Is only comeback?

He’s just returned from a local Philadelphia rink on a Tuesday afternoon where he spent a few hours on the ice stopping pucks with his 10-year-old son, Vladislav, also a goaltender.

As he steps outside to chat – the cell reception inside of his house ‘isn’t great’ – it’s immediately clear Bryzgalov is seeking another shot at playing in the NHL.

“When I told my son I was looking to play in the NHL again, his eyes lit up,” said the 35-year-old, who is currently an unrestricted free agent. “He was so excited. Now he’s older and he understands the game more. It would be great if he could watch me play again, maybe to learn some things that can help him.”

The Fire Burns In Bryz

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's willing to sign on for a backup role, Bryz could get a job easily I think.

With the cash he's pulling out of Philly too, he'd be a potentially cheap veteran backup.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic Bryz:

"I have great news and even better news," said Bryzgalov. "Great news: I'm not playing tomorrow night. Good news: We have a chance to win the game."

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is going to buy out R. J. Umberger and Cowen clears waivers.

GM Ron Hextall announces the team will buy out R.J. Umberger, who has one year and $4.5 million remaining on his contract, which had a no-move clause.

The 34-year-old Umberger is a 20-goal winger five times over, but his production fell off a cliff after he left Columbus and returned to Philadelphia in 2014. Last season he scored just two goals in playing only 39 games.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
ARIZ is acquiring the negotiation rights to UFA D Alex Goligoski from DAL. @CraigCustance was first to sniff it out

Maybe Dallas intends to keep Kris Russell.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you heff to be mad? Is only comeback?

He’s just returned from a local Philadelphia rink on a Tuesday afternoon where he spent a few hours on the ice stopping pucks with his 10-year-old son, Vladislav, also a goaltender.

As he steps outside to chat – the cell reception inside of his house ‘isn’t great’ – it’s immediately clear Bryzgalov is seeking another shot at playing in the NHL.

“When I told my son I was looking to play in the NHL again, his eyes lit up,” said the 35-year-old, who is currently an unrestricted free agent. “He was so excited. Now he’s older and he understands the game more. It would be great if he could watch me play again, maybe to learn some things that can help him.”

The Fire Burns In Bryz

Wait? Does he want his son to watch him play or does he want him to learn some things that will help him?

e1IneGq.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And hey, even with the Hawks cap dump, er I mean trade with Carolina, they still have issues...

The Blackhawks have more than just salary cap hit amounts to compile when figuring out how to get under the cap ceiling for the 2016-17 season.

The Blackhawks also have to take into account their salary cap overage from the 2015-16 season: $3.07 million, according to Blackhawks assistant general manager Norm Maciver on Thursday.

The Blackhawks’ overage amount consists of bonuses earned by Artemi Panarin, Teuvo Teravianen and Michal Rozsival.

The Blackhawks have about $66 million already committed to next season’s cap with 16 players signed, last season’s overage and the retained cap hit of Rob Scuderi. The cap ceiling last season was $71.4 million. The NHL is expected to announce the 2016-17 cap ceiling early next week.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars have quite a few high end defensive prospects in the pipes, in particular Julius Honka but also Lindell and Backman who are a few years older. Wouldn't shock me if they let all of their defensive UFA's walk and go with a youth movement or package the rookies for one of the RFA D guys.

Honka looks like he's set for stardom though.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars have quite a few high end defensive prospects in the pipes, in particular Julius Honka but also Lindell and Backman who are a few years older. Wouldn't shock me if they let all of their defensive UFA's walk and go with a youth movement or package the rookies for one of the RFA D guys.

Honka looks like he's set for stardom though.

Looks like thats whats gonna happen

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
ARIZ is acquiring the negotiation rights to UFA D Alex Goligoski from DAL. @CraigCustance was first to sniff it out

Maybe Dallas intends to keep Kris Russell.
Has there ever been a time when acquiring negotiating rights before UFA resulted in deal with that team?
I can't think of any

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a time when acquiring negotiating rights before UFA resulted in deal with that team?
I can't think of any

If memory serves, I think the Flames traded for JayBo's rights with Florida and he did go on to sign with Calgary.