• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Alabama Football News Thread

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'd held out hope for Trent Richardson to not be a bust, but watching the Raiders game right now and he is toast.

He doesn't even look like the same guy. He looks more like Eddie Lacy without the moves.

He will get cut and his career is over. Least he got paid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

List isn't alphabetical or anything, looks like Coker is QB1 even if it's not announced yet. Still takes 1st reps in practice, etc.

Maybe we'll play more than 1, but looks clear he will take the first snap.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Sims practiced today. Looks like it's basically confirmed Marlon will start opposite Cyrus. And Minkah will be playing Star.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Marlon starting, I Expect big things from him. Also has Tony's opportunity to start passed him up??? It sounds like Minkah will pass him up for Cyrus' spot next year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama returned to the practice field Wednesday afternoon, as the Crimson Tide players practiced indoors and in full pads on a mostly-sunny, 90-degree afternoon in Tuscaloosa. It was the team's third practice of Wisconsin week.

Here are several tidbits from the media viewing portion of Alabama's Wednesday practice session:

- I watched the quarterbacks for the one viewing period and saw Cooper Bateman throw a couple of bullet passes to wide out Richard Mullaney. A few passes later, though, Bateman whiffed on a pass to Cameron Sims.

- Sims was once again wearing a white jersey and brace on his left knee and appeared to be moving well during drills.

- I also saw wide receiver Robert Foster make a few impressive catches. He was running crisp, quick routes Wednesday.

- Running back Bo Scarbrough was once again wearing a white No. 6 jersey, representing Wisconsin's starting running back Corey Clement. Clement was the Badgers' backup last season, behind starter Melvin Gordon.

"He still rushed for almost 1,000 yards considering what Melvin Gordon did," inside linebacker Reggie Ragland said of Clement. "We have to prepare the right way for him. You can't look over his head. We've got to make sure we're doing the right things. He's a good back. He's quick, he can run, and he might run over you, too."

- A scout from the Dallas Cowboys watched Wednesday's practice from the sideline of the indoor practice facility.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years, everyone claimed it didn't matter who Alabama had a QB, we would win no matter what. AJ couldn't get credit for shit, just a game manager in a system.

We improve recruiting at the position over the years, we have the most talent at the position than we've probably ever had and - now it's somehow the biggest deal in the world that we haven't named a starter, and it's a sure sign we are going to lose many games.

It's apparently so bad, Nick Saban is visibly frustrated at the situation(as opposed to being frustrated with the same question over and over) and ESPN has tanked our strength so low on the FEI that we are predicted to go 8-4. Texas A&M we for some reason have the lowest chance of beating. From 59-0 to only a 30% chance to win the game.

And apparently being the highest paid, most loved coach by a fanbase is too much pressure for Saban to handle and he's not happy.

This team better fucking be hungry.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years, everyone claimed it didn't matter who Alabama had a QB, we would win no matter what. AJ couldn't get credit for shit, just a game manager in a system.

We improve recruiting at the position over the years, we have the most talent at the position than we've probably ever had and - now it's somehow the biggest deal in the world that we haven't named a starter, and it's a sure sign we are going to lose many games.

It's apparently so bad, Nick Saban is visibly frustrated at the situation(as opposed to being frustrated with the same question over and over) and ESPN has tanked our strength so low on the FEI that we are predicted to go 8-4. Texas A&M we for some reason have the lowest chance of beating. From 59-0 to only a 30% chance to win the game.

And apparently being the highest paid, most loved coach by a fanbase is too much pressure for Saban to handle and he's not happy.

This team better fucking be hungry.

Yeah, it's hilarious imo. Talking about Bama is a sure fire way to get clicks, especially if it's in a negative light. At the end of the day, that's what it's all about. That goes for not only the national media, but here too. The way I see it is if any of these tards actually believe what they're saying it just proves they know very little about CFB and, taking that into consideration, their opinion means very very little anyway. I feel better about this years team from top to bottom than I have felt about a Bama team in the last 3 years or so. Absolutely can't wait for the season to get started.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Bruce Jenner bs, espn's opinion means nothing to me.

I've been to several of the practices and in my opinion we will be okay at QB. They all have strengths, weaknesses and are all very capable of getting us to the playoffs. It will come down to Kiffin's play calling.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is we better feed Henry the fucking football this year.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm scared to lean heavy run with Henry right now. Until we know Drake is healthy enough to carry the load and stay out of the dog house and someone else can step up, if Henry gets hurt we are a 8-4 or worse team. We don't need to protect Henry but we don't need to rely on him too much.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harris could make some waves this season too. All the talk I've heard from camp about him is really good.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris looked good in practice running drills. Hopefully his practice play will transfer over to game time play.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also is Bo going to be healthy enough to play once his suspension is over???

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's hilarious imo. Talking about Bama is a sure fire way to get clicks, especially if it's in a negative light. At the end of the day, that's what it's all about. That goes for not only the national media, but here too. The way I see it is if any of these tards actually believe what they're saying it just proves they know very little about CFB and, taking that into consideration, their opinion means very very little anyway. I feel better about this years team from top to bottom than I have felt about a Bama team in the last 3 years or so. Absolutely can't wait for the season to get started.

Same, I've been gumping hard for the past week or so and I'm usually way more pessimistic about the season. Reports from practice sound really really good.

Hope I'm not drinking the wrong kool-aid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was healthy enough that Blake Barnett ran into him on a hand off play and he just stood there as Blake fell to the ground.

I made out like it was Derrick Henry in a thread about it, saying he was already knocking people over, but it was really Bo, not Henry - but nobody knows who Bo is except us(they don't know what number Henry is either :lol:).

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bo is a thug and will stay in the dog house. I'd give him better odds of getting arrested for committing a felony than making it to his senior year at Bama. Don't count on Bo and he's injury prone.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im really excited to see Kenyan's role in this offense. I think it will be somewhat similar to how Kiffin used Reggie Bush at USC.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo is a thug and will stay in the dog house. I'd give him better odds of getting arrested for committing a felony than making it to his senior year at Bama. Don't count on Bo and he's injury prone.

I hope Bo keeps it together. Him and Damien Harris could be a lethal Combo in our Backfield in the future.