• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Alabama Football News Thread

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
injuries.

:gaah:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading another forum and someone who goes to the practices claims this:

QB situation is fine, Right now it's Coker, Morris, Barnett. The Scrimmage tomorrow will make or break someone. Coker will lead the pack in the scrimmage but those three are all getting 1st team reps. I will be there so hopefully it isn't a dumpster fire like last sat.

Btw Cornwell is not playing, his performance at practice and the scrimmage was terrible. Overthrows, under throws, not where they go throws.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want it to be either Coker or Barnett. Because if Cornwell wins the job Barnett will transfer out.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I gathers from various sources about today's scrimmage.

Morris, Coker, Barnett, Cornwell was the QB order. Not sure what to make of that order, and don't know if Coker's toe had anything to do with it. With Morris being up there and Cornwell being so low, the rumors that Cornwell is in the doghouse/having a crappy fall must be true.

I guess it's really down to those 2 guys.

Tony Brown changed numbers from #2 to #7 for special teams because of Derrick Henry. Wonder if that was just for today.

Harris fumbled, Minkah ran it in for a score.

Adarius had 8 catches, and made some big plays on 1 drive. Coker was not looking accurate, scoring drive mostly attributed to Stewart. Coker was still 4/4 on the drive for 58 yards. He looked worse on other drives, going 0/3(1 drop, 2 bad throws). But they say he looked better at the end, he finished about 13/18 with 3 TD's and 1 INT was best guess on his stats, but I heard 2 INT at one point.

Alec Morris threw a 95 yard bomb to Robert Foster. 35 in air, Foster made a guy miss and went the distance. Humphrey was in coverage, I guess he got burned. He went about 8/17 with 1 TD and 0 INT's, but for some reason they had other people finishing drives, so...

Ragland is a beast

Humphrey got an INT and a fumble recovery. I've heard from various places he's having a good spring and looks to maybe even take the opposite side of Cyrus Jones lately rather than Tony Brown as everyone expected.

Offense looked like shit in general, Saban chewed ass. WR were apparently the bright spot. Cornwell 0/2, one of which was a wide open WR for a TD.

J.K. still punting the shit outta the ball. 62 yards.

Overall the defense was said to be looking extremely good and the offense not so great. Some say well that's because the defense is so good, but that also means they are going to struggle in a similar manner against good defenses if that's the case. Hard to tell based on limited stats, and people from 2nd and 3rd string getting a good bit of time.

But seems it will be Morris or Coker for QB this year. Based on performance, Cornwell likely transfers after this year as Barnett seems to be ahead of him already.

Last edited:

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well on the Bright side our QB struggles mean we will run the damn ball more, which is always a plus.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched pretty much the whole game and yeah, the whole team looked like shart. They played it really safe with McCarron, several check downs and screens en sech. The longer he was in the better he looked imo, had to shake off the jitters I spose. Tampa Bay had like 93 penalties for 729 yards and still beat Cincy's ass though.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Luckily it's the kind of thing that doesn't matter a ton for his position. He's still expected to be available for Wisconsin I've heard.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saban's press conference yesterday.

Overall 1 thing is clear in the QB race, the top3 are: Coker, Morris and Bateman. Barnett and Cornwell are clearly 4 and 5. He mentioned he was giving those 3 more time, indicating they were the top3.

Personally I got the feeling the order was: Coker, Morris and Bateman based on the way he talked. Bateman #3 seemed to be the most obvious. He talked well about him, but just the feeling I got out of it.

He says they always give the #1 and #2 guy the same reps before any game and they will do that the next week, with a little work on the 3rd guy. So the front 2 of those 3 should be clear this week, but nothing will be sure until game time. And the possibility of 2 QB's isn't out of the question(but I doubt it because we aren't playing Kent St).

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guise...

A 2017 class LT took a visit to campus today. I was working in the supe store when him and his family showed up wearing their high school apparel. It was purple with an M logo, and I think they were from Tennessee. But I tried to help recruit him lol.

I told him not to rush his decision, because it wouldn't be good to end up at a school that doesn't play for championships every year. He laughed, his family laughed, I laughed, and I said Roll Tide and have a good day.

Thought it was cool meeting a guy on one of his visits. Not sure if it was official or not, but I'm almost sure it was.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guise...

A 2017 class LT took a visit to campus today. I was working in the supe store when him and his family showed up wearing their high school apparel. It was purple with an M logo, and I think they were from Tennessee. But I tried to help recruit him lol.

I told him not to rush his decision, because it wouldn't be good to end up at a school that doesn't play for championships every year. He laughed, his family laughed, I laughed, and I said Roll Tide and have a good day.

Thought it was cool meeting a guy on one of his visits. Not sure if it was official or not, but I'm almost sure it was.

Ok, I think you've given us enough information to blame you if he doesn't come to us. :dhd:

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I think you've given us enough information to blame you if he doesn't come to us. :dhd:
Well thats not all I said. Just the main idea. Basically I was saying if you want to win championships, just come here lol

The main reason I said that is because his dad said Miss State had offered him before Alabama and they were in his top 5 right now.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thats not all I said. Just the main idea. Basically I was saying if you want to win championships, just come here lol

The main reason I said that is because his dad said Miss State had offered him before Alabama and they were in his top 5 right now.

I was just messing with you.

Miss St won't be in the top5 after he sees them play this year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3