• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Todd McShay's new mock

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why would you cut Whitner if you got Cyprein? Who is going to play your other S spot?

A lot of us want to cut Whitner because he's overpaid and a liability in coverage. I don't think we'll be able to cut him this year because we need some semblance of stability after losing Goldson, but hopefully we can force him to take a paycut. There will be a lot of competition for that SS spot next year regardless of what happens this year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
nowadays, the difference between a SS and FS is getting smaller and smaller. the 49ers supposedly use their Safety's "interchangebly"?

Which is even more reason to cut Whitner.

And yes, there's going to be little diference between the safety positions, but if one of 'em comes up to play in the box, I'd want it to be Cyprien over a guy like... say... Culliver or Eric Reid.

...Speaking of Eric Reid, McShay forgot all about him! Reid in the 3rd round? Ridiculous. He's the best saefty in the draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Which is even more reason to cut Whitner.

And yes, there's going to be little diference between the safety positions, but if one of 'em comes up to play in the box, I'd want it to be Cyprien over a guy like... say... Culliver or Eric Reid.

...Speaking of Eric Reid, McShay forgot all about him! Reid in the 3rd round? Ridiculous. He's the best saefty in the draft.

which Safety adjusted our defense, Goldson or Whitner? think it was Whitner.

don't have a big problem cutting Whitner, except we don't know how valuable he is adjusting the defense? his experience and knowledge of our scheme still has value despite his coverage skills. especially since the other Safety is expected to be a rookie?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot of us want to cut Whitner because he's overpaid and a liability in coverage. I don't think we'll be able to cut him this year because we need some semblance of stability after losing Goldson, but hopefully we can force him to take a paycut. There will be a lot of competition for that SS spot next year regardless of what happens this year.

yeah, he MIGHT be cut this year but agree, almost certainly next year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He won't be cut next year because this is the last year of his contract.

Red80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McShay is clueless terrible mock all around and highly doubt the 49ers waste their 1st on Jenkins a big fat NT who does not pressure the QB well.

Ertz is an over rated short armed TE no thanks. Eifert is way better long arms great hands fast and superb at jump ball possessions.

14 picks i expect a trade up or two with Tyler Eifert and or Cordarrelle Patterson on their radar depends how the draft plays out but would love to add those two prospects to the 49ers offense they would be retarded not to go after them both.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
McShay is clueless terrible mock all around and highly doubt the 49ers waste their 1st on Jenkins a big fat NT who does not pressure the QB well.

Not saying I like Jenkins at 31, but name a 3-4 NT who pressures the QB well.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, i'd actually would like a Jenkins, Ertz n Cyprien scenario.... that would be really good IMHO

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could sign Kerry Rhodes to play FS.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I'm amazed he hasn't gotten any pub.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think it's silly to criticize Kipe & McShay for their mock because I think their moc have more to do with what they're hearing from NFL sources than what they actually think of players.

When some random draft nerd posts a mock, he might be going based on his own big board projecting how he thinks the NFL will eventually grade out certain players. Mel & Todd's mocks are historically some of the closest mocks to what actually happens out there.

That's why I think their mock drafts have a lot more validity than their analyses do. But it's not like they're a couple of hacks doing analysis either (although I will never get over Kipe saying "I'll see you at his hall of fame induction" in reference to Mike Williams.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No one else on this board has ever seemed to have a problem with it.

Hey man, i don't have a problem talking football with anyone on this forum - as are most people. I just think it's funny when you assume that we all know you are referencing the Bengals' choices - on a Niners forum. I could care less really...it's pretty easy to just skip your posts...I just thought you'd be mature and good natured about it and expect that you're going to get ribbed a little bit for blindly talking about the Bengals on a Niners board. It's all in good fun so just chill out. haha

Btw, I see you're a Kentucky fan...is the UK SportsHoopla board strong for Wildcat talk? I gotta see what the latest Wiggins recruiting rumors are...your 2013 class is nasty already

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it's silly to criticize Kipe & McShay for their mock because I think their moc have more to do with what they're hearing from NFL sources than what they actually think of players.

When some random draft nerd posts a mock, he might be going based on his own big board projecting how he thinks the NFL will eventually grade out certain players. Mel & Todd's mocks are historically some of the closest mocks to what actually happens out there.

That's why I think their mock drafts have a lot more validity than their analyses do. But it's not like they're a couple of hacks doing analysis either (although I will never get over Kipe saying "I'll see you at his hall of fame induction" in reference to Mike Williams.

Yeah I dont know...sometimes it seems they slot guys based on who they think a team should pick (Kiper more so). It's like they try to mix the two approaches (prediction vs their own evaluation) and I think it gets jumbled as to what they're getting at. I think ESPN should have McShay and Kiper base it entirely on their own evaluations and what they think team needs are, and then have someone like Schefter do actual prediction mock drafts. It'd be interesting to see the disparities

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change Ertz with Hunter and I would not mind it too badly. I still want to try and get back into the first next year for a shot at Clowney.

clowney? we have about as much chance of that as i do getting into jessica alba's pants

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clowney? we have about as much chance of that as i do getting into jessica alba's pants

Here is a hypothetical for you. We trade Our 1st for a 1st next year & change. We trade 34 for a 1st nex t year. Those picks end up being 10, 17, 32 and the team lets say the Jags need a QB at 1. Wouldn't whoever is at 2 make that trade?

Now what hypotheticals do you have for getting Alba win the powerball when its 250 million+ or if you are a handsome lad win powerball when its 100 million+

What are powerball odds? 150 million to 1? I think the chances of the 49ers getting Clowney is better IMO :suds:

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switch Jenkins with Hankins, who would be better suited to move around the DL in the niners scheme, and trading the early 3rd and a 4th to move up to the first or second pick in the 3rd to pick up Eric Reid and I see this as an amazing scenario.