• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

To all the cooks

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just say I have never been one to deal with "presentation" because I know when the food is put on the plate the taste is going to blow you away.

My menu I would put up against anything you have?

Pulled Pork sandwiches (smoked with hickory and my honey bourbon baste, well some things are stolen but I ain't saying what)
Smoked Beans (Known as baked beans but my best ones are put on the smoker with the pork butts and allowed to barely simmer for hours)
Tater Salad (This one is Isis' and I have never seen one person say they have had a better potato salad)
Cole Slaw (yeah it's a bottled sauce but yeah it is good)

Presentation? Grab that Styrofoam plate and get in line. Taste? Had one person who had come from the National barbeque festival in Memphis just before coming o my daughters wedding that we catered that my pulled pork was better than anything they had there. And they don't need to comment on the beans. The fact that nuthin is left says it all.

That's my menu and I'll put it up against anything you can "present"

That's because Nebraskan's know their down home shit. Not even the south can compete.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because Nebraskan's know their down home shit. Not even the south can compete.

Didn't follow you there. I brought my Nebraskan roots to Tennessee.

If that is the down home shit you speak of then damn right!! there ain't supposed to be no pickle juice in tater salad!!!!

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was cookin' some burgers on the stove (I'm out of propane for the grill and too lazy to get more atm). I was gonna throw some beer in the pan to keep 'em juicy. I saw the pickle jar in the fridge and threw on some pickle juice instead. End result.......WIN!

:charlie:

Anyone else tried it?

No. But I've cooked Brats in beer before. PBR

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
We were drunk and starvin' like Marvin and thought it would be a good idea. Turned out to be the best bratwurst's ever.

We boil them in beer, then throw them on the grill just to brown them up..
You did good and didn't even know that's the proper way to do them...Genius I say.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were drunk and starvin' like Marvin and thought it would be a good idea. Turned out to be the best bratwurst's ever.

Must be a Tennessee thing, brotha', cuz that's where I learned beer cookin, lol!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I need to know. IN Nebraska you could get featherbones. They are the tips cut off of ribs.
We would take and boil them in beer and then grill them. I haven't even seen feather bones down here. Was that just an Omaha thing?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I need to know. IN Nebraska you could get featherbones. They are the tips cut off of ribs.
We would take and boil them in beer and then grill them. I haven't even seen feather bones down here. Was that just an Omaha thing?

Think so, never heard of 'em.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, they were made for beer. Just little pieces of bone with meat that you suck right off. Had to have a beer beside them though. That was South Omaha cuisine

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call shenanigans, I can cook up a storm! I have to say, a SportsHoopla Meeting/Cookoff could turn out to be all sorts of interesting.

Of course, if it were all grilling I might not come out so well, since I'm not allowed to grill at home - that's Dad's province.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, I went to NC recently. I tried two different BBQ places recommended by the locals and I must say they were horrible. So disappointed.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, I went to NC recently. I tried two different BBQ places recommended by the locals and I must say they were horrible. So disappointed.

I went to some famous place in Memphis and it was great - not my style - but great all the same.