• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When Baseball was just a game

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Before all the bullshit

The greatest game ever played

Three bases and home plate

A wooden bat and a fair baseball

When juice was just orange and served at breakfast instead of the clean up hitter in a bathroom stall or gym

When it was just real Hot Dogs with that brown mustard served in those packages that were hard to open

When ice cold beer was served to your seat as the vendor went up and down the isles with his beer bottles clinking along side of him

The smell of hot roasted peanuts as you entered the park

and the man who yelled program....get your game program here

When Kale was just another fucking vegetable no one cared about

When a man could stand up and yell...You fucking blind ump...without the PC Police coming down on him

When pitchers threw inside and took what was theirs

When warnings were reserved for batters who dug in too deep

When wearing a suit of armor would be laughed at and not allowed

When men took a brush back or a beaning like a man and if he had the guts charge the mound and fight

When umpires stood in the background and did their job without trying to be part of the game

To be able to stand up and cheer without some jackass who is too lazy or stupid to stand tell you to sit down

When a clown was only seen at a circus and not rounding the bases trying to big time a pitcher

When arguments were part of the game and managers had a personality expressing themselves

When playoff money meant a man might not have to take a second job in the off season.

The real hunger to win and not comparing portfolios at the batting cage ...slapping backs with the enemy

When rookies kept their mouths shut and listened to vets and coaches who have been there before and had done it all

Sunday Doubleheaders when families could spend the day together and get a 2-1....it was so much fun

Just to be able to go to a game without having credit card companies try and get my info for a free fucking towel

Having my back pack checked and walking through metal detectors because of some jackass coward hijackers on 9/11

Even though I complain I still love the game

I just prefer

Dedicated to the die hard fans who remember the game when it was just a game. The greatest game of them all.

Last edited by a moderator: