• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to talk draft and free agency 2017

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what the Chiefs have done but trading up for a project QB, taking an upside player in rd2 and trading up for a running back...it really means they have to hit on these players. Like all 3.

I'm a fan of Hunt but there were still some good running backs on the board. In Dorsey we trust, I guess.

I need to watch film on the Nova player. He sounds like a beast.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what the Chiefs have done but trading up for a project QB, taking an upside player in rd2 and trading up for a running back...it really means they have to hit on these players. Like all 3.

I'm a fan of Hunt but there were still some good running backs on the board. In Dorsey we trust, I guess.
There really is going to be a lot of pressure on all three of these guys to pan out and produce. The Chiefs had the least amount of roster turnover in the entire NFL (the Bills the most; who we traded up with for Mahomes interestingly) but this is going from calculated with the Mahomes trade to a bit cavalier in draft strategy. Can't say I dislike any of the picks, but the risk is palpable.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I dislike any of the picks, but the risk is palpable.
Thats exactly where I'm at. I like the picks but they have to stick.

Mahomes is a 1-2 year project. I dont think he is as big as a project as Kizer or Watson so maybe he could back up for a game or two like Foles did last year.

Tanoh Pass-eh-no (how the announcer was pronouncing his last name) was absolutely annihilating the lesser competition I saw him playing against. Great bullrush shows off functional strength and his silly length made getting around a guy one-on-one almost trivial at the level he was playing at. I think he beat his man every single play. Seems to play too high to take on double teams. Almost looks more like JPP than Calais Campbell but somewhere in between the two except obviously pretty raw.

Hunt was playing 20lbs less than his college weight when he was at the senior bowl and he broke a ton of tackles with great balance and powerful legs. Had a really good short term burst through the holes and he cuts well. Not a home run threat but an instant upgrade over West. He is also going to need more practice catching the ball out of the backfield. If he gets that down, he could end up being the starter.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs traded O'Shaunnessey TE to new England to move up in rd5. I suspect 1 of those 5th rounders will be a TE

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the receiver choice was kinda interesting. great set of wheels, but needs work...

also wondered why we waited this far in to get a LB...:scratch:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walterfootball thinks Hunt is a great receiver out of the backfield and KPass is good against the run so there is a good chance both of those players could work out well considering what Ive seen of their college play.

I think the Chiefs absolutely bombed the rest of the draft. They basically went all in on the Michigan WR and picked up what Id imagine 2 players that could have been UDFAs.

Jehu Chesson looks slow to me on tape. I don't think he is ever going to challenge for #1 WR nor do I think he is a YAC player at the NFL level at all. What I do see is 2 things: great blocking and good agility. Chesson is such a good and willing blocker that when he was healthy it was the expectation of the defense that he was going to be run blocking. Because of this, he was able to make some crafty plays to get open. So he is in the same ballpark as Albert Wilson except maybe slightly better at blocking.

A weird player to go all in on, imo. He does allow the Chiefs to run more out of 3 WRs sets so maybe thats something.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walterfootball thinks Hunt is a great receiver out of the backfield and KPass is good against the run so there is a good chance both of those players could work out well considering what Ive seen of their college play.

I think the Chiefs absolutely bombed the rest of the draft. They basically went all in on the Michigan WR and picked up what Id imagine 2 players that could have been UDFAs.

Jehu Chesson looks slow to me on tape. I don't think he is ever going to challenge for #1 WR nor do I think he is a YAC player at the NFL level at all. What I do see is 2 things: great blocking and good agility. Chesson is such a good and willing blocker that when he was healthy it was the expectation of the defense that he was going to be run blocking. Because of this, he was able to make some crafty plays to get open. So he is in the same ballpark as Albert Wilson except maybe slightly better at blocking.

A weird player to go all in on, imo. He does allow the Chiefs to run more out of 3 WRs sets so maybe thats something.
Chesson had me a bit perplexed as well. They must think he's more of the guy from 2015 pre-injury. After the first 3 picks I am not very impressed either. The new LB might be better than DJ Alexander as an ILB but that's a pretty low bar to clear. The safety is ST fodder.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chesson had me a bit perplexed as well. They must think he's more of the guy from 2015 pre-injury.
Yeah, I watched one of the games pre-injury to see if there was something more there but I really do think they drafted him mostly for his blocking. Which considering how well the Chiefs can run screen when they have Hill, Kelce, Ware, Hunt, etc makes sense.

I'm guessing Chesson also looks like a guy that can beat the press easily so that means he has very little 'bust' in him. I just dont think his 40 time shows up on tape like it should from the 3 games I saw.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy and a hot taek extraordinaire here, but this looks and feels like an Andy Reid draft more than it does some of the other drafts John Dorsey has had here.

Mahomes-Favre (entertain this with Reid's GB connections)
Kpassagnon-Obligatory Nova player
Hunt- Brian Westbrook
Chesson- Jason Avant