• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to get wise: EXPAND

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet again you post nonsense, before the 2003 raid, the BE was arguably stronger than today's B12. The BE champion was in three of the previous four "championship" games. Again the same thing was said about the BE, as long as Miami is there, they are safe. The B12 is behaving EXACTLY like the BE did, both got raided, made knee jerk invitations to available schools, then sat back and waited for the next raid without doing ANYTHING but saying they are happy at 8 or 10, and dont want to split the money any more ways.

There has never been a program EVER in the BE that has the Program Power of either Texas or OU...NONE!..you confuse success on the field with indeniable influence that shapes the landscape of college football and televsion revenues.. Only Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State and Notre Dame that can sit at the same table...

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has never been a program EVER in the BE that has the Program Power of either Texas or OU...NONE!..you confuse success on the field with indeniable influence that shapes the landscape of college football and televsion revenues.. Only Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State and Notre Dame that can sit at the same table...

Slaton, I do agree, but add USC and Nebraska to that table. They are the college football thoroughbreds. That is why I WANT us to expand now, to keep them with the Big 12 with a conference championship game possibility. Let's face facts, a Texas vs. OU championship game WOULD BE HUGE! And who wouldn't want to be in a conference like that! Getting to 12 PROVES STABILITY. That's the perceived weakness of the Big 12. But add two southern schools, IN FLORIDA.... That can draw FLORIDA STATE and MIAMI. Then the Big 12 could become the "Big 16" with two more northern schools. I think Notre Dame might be interested AT THAT POINT... Not now. Even if not... Could we pick a team off from the Big 10 at That point? An Ohio State, maybe? Likely not. But stranger things have happened. Even if we got stuck at "14", Texas Tech could move to the "North" division (being in the Texas panhandle) and that's a heck of a conference.

Just Imagine.....

Big 12 South: Miami, Florida St., Central Florida, South Florida, Baylor, TCU, and Texas
Big 12 North: Texas Tech, Oklahoma St., Oklahoma, Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St., West Virginia

That is ONE HECK of a conference. Maybe better! Think of the RECRUITING BASE we'd have!!!! The more I think about it, as crazy as it sounds... The more I think everyone would make MORE$$$$$$, and who wouldn't love to see Miami and Florida St. make trips to Mo-Town!

And Basketball... The Big 12 NORTH would be the best in college basketball WITHOUT QUESTION! A 19 game conference schedule... only one more game than now... I'm just saying, this is awesome if we can be forward thinking as a conference.

From 14... Big School Hunting becomes easier! If ND comes... a 16th school could be Florida or Ohio St. or Michigan, or LSU...

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Florida is not worth taking, UCF has some potential. You can forget about Miami and FSU, they are not leaving with the GOR in place, and then they still are not leaving unless the BIG raids the ACC again, which I could see happening, I would think FSU would be one of their targets though.

The only options I can see that would be worth thinking about in expansion would be UCF and Maybe BYU. Them Mormons have a problem with playing on Sunday though. They would also have to take a reduced revenue then the rest of the conference. They would still make more then they do now, but the rest of the Schools in any conference are not going to take less just to expand.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF does this have to do with this discussion? You have bought the bullshit that name means more than your game. Why does anyone but OU, Texas, OSU, Bama, ND and scUM even play the game. What a crock of shit.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Florida is not worth taking, UCF has some potential. You can forget about Miami and FSU, they are not leaving with the GOR in place, and then they still are not leaving unless the BIG raids the ACC again, which I could see happening, I would think FSU would be one of their targets though.

The only options I can see that would be worth thinking about in expansion would be UCF and Maybe BYU. Them Mormons have a problem with playing on Sunday though. They would also have to take a reduced revenue then the rest of the conference. They would still make more then they do now, but the rest of the Schools in any conference are not going to take less just to expand.
Mike, the short term greed of not taking a little less today for long term stability will kill the B12, just as it killed the BE. Beans, no one is leaving the B10, SEC, or PAC. PERIOD. those leagues will destroy either the B12 or ACC, only four will be left.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting still is not what killed the BE, letting basketball schools make decisions is what killed the BE....it is very well documented.

And in the same timeframe the Big 12 had 3 representatives up to 2003. They also had 4 reps since that time period.

I have a feeling we will beat this subject to death by the time the season starts,,,,:deadhorse:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF does this have to do with this discussion? You have bought the bullshit that name means more than your game. Why does anyone but OU, Texas, OSU, Bama, ND and scUM even play the game. What a crock of shit.

Everything...Yoy keep insuating the Big12 is in come kind of danger that parallels the BE misfortunes..I gave you just one primary example that its not an apples to apples comparison..the second would be the BE was and is a BASKETBALL Conference first..Not so much in the Big12.....

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike, the short term greed of not taking a little less today for long term stability will kill the B12, just as it killed the BE. Beans, no one is leaving the B10, SEC, or PAC. PERIOD. those leagues will destroy either the B12 or ACC, only four will be left.
Gloom, despair, agony on me. Deep dark depression, excessive misery. If it weren't for Poppy, we'd have no bullshit at all. Gloom despair and agony on meeee. :Cry:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting still is not what killed the BE, letting basketball schools make decisions is what killed the BE....it is very well documented.

And in the same timeframe the Big 12 had 3 representatives up to 2003. They also had 4 reps since that time period.

I have a feeling we will beat this subject to death by the time the season starts,,,,:deadhorse:
We better get some more horses. Looooonnnnngggggg way to kickoff. At least we can talk about time management and play calling then. :couch2:

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Notre Dame might be interested AT THAT POINT... Not now.
ND will only become interested when their personal TV deal is no longer advantageous. As long as they make more by themselves than in a conference, they will stay out.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND will only become interested when their personal TV deal is no longer advantageous. As long as they make more by themselves than in a conference, they will stay out.
ND will not join a league until the big boys man up and quit scheduling them, the B11 could have forced them to join years ago, if UM, MSU, Purdue, IN had stopped playing them, if ND's schedule were full of MAC teams, they would BEG to join a league.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It said something about 3rd party rights. Is that the same thing as 3rd tier rights.? Because if it is and they give those back to the schools then I could see that opening the door for Texas going to the PAC, which means Oklahoma would probably go too. If that's what it means.

It's been fun playing you guys.
I'll miss the old Big 8 teams.
It was fun while it lasted.

:bolt:

I know right, anyone have the number to BYU?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can certainly see the attraction of playing in the Pac 12. Who wouldn't want to rely on selling your brand to China in order to be successful?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the allure of the PAC 12. I haven't looked at the $ difference between the PAC & Big but if you were Texas and Oklahoma, wouldn't you want to be cornerstone of your own conference?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the allure of the PAC 12. I haven't looked at the $ difference between the PAC & Big but if you were Texas and Oklahoma, wouldn't you want to be cornerstone of your own conference?

That would be Texas. They are self centered little bitches.
Oklahoma. We aren't afraid of competition.
Bring it on.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can certainly see the attraction of playing in the Pac 12. Who wouldn't want to rely on selling your brand to China in order to be successful?

Yeah, I didn't really understand that "China" part of it. Not sure how long it takes to get 1 Billion people interested in Football but I'm guessing a really long time.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they were truly looking to jump ship then The BIG would make more sense for both IMO. Regionally it fits better plus you get OU/Nebraska again as well as Texas/Nebraska... More I think about it WVU would make a good add on this side of that conference too. Maryland,Penn State,Ohio State,Rutgers, Michigan... Makes some sense I guess...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they would be the cornerstone of the PAC pretty quickly if they get their game back in order. The B11 used to be called the B2 L8, the PAC is 90% USC, so I'd say that UT would love to go there and be one of the big boys of the league from day one, instead of playing 3rd fiddle at best in the B11.