• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

there is hope?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah domi duclair larrson mcdavid or echkiel. if they all pan out.

plus they have 2 first rounders this year i believe.

moving players that are UFA is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
really makes you wonder if this new lotto system was in place when the devils "won" it and got larrson would they have taken hopkins in stead? would this team be a whole lot better with hopkins? or even landeskog?

That's a really interesting question. I think they still go with Lars. Keep in mind that the entire season it was always Larsson or Couturier. Then Couturier fell like a brick and so did Larsson a bit. Keep in mind that the when the Devils got Lars they had Kovy, Parise, and Clarkson scoring 110 goals between them and the offense looked like we had a couple decent young guys on the way and Zajac was putting up more points.

Back then it looked like we desperately needed youth on D.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i was reading that this is a draft class that the first 5 picks are "CAN'T MISS".

figures that we hold the #6 pick. unless someone reaches we wont get any of the "top 5" guys.

mcdavid echile strome (who i really like) halifon (hes a d man but i would take him at 6) marner is the other guy i think.

the problem with our spot is that after these 5 guys are gone. the next two that are "good" are both defensemen. if we would take ratenan it would be considered a "reach" at 6.

then again thats just what i read i have no clue i dont watch these kids play.

what winning the draft lotto would mean to this team. wow mcdavid in a devils jersey? think the nhl "owes" us and our new billionaire owners?

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Top 5 pretty much looks like this everywhere I've seen:

1 McDavid
2 Eich
3-5 Hannifan, Marner, Strome
6 Crouse -- Seems like a power forward, but he's not scoring a ton of points which scares me. Matteau with more offense...

Check out this kid Rantanen below.

He's 6'4" good skater, good shot.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah thats what i dont like about that course guy is his size. i want smallish with pure skill. stefan already fills the role of big winger luic type. time to get a pure skill either scorer or setup man

now will that ranten kid maybe be there at say 8? if so why not look to trade down a few spots?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are our thoughts on James van Riemsdyk? Would be curious to see how much it'll cost to get him but Toronto may be in full rebuild mode, clearing house. Maybe a return to his home state could be arranged?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He really never lived up to the hype of a #2 pick. Wonder if this is a similar situation with McDavid and eichel.

Kane is a superstar franchise player and jvr is a solid player.

Kessel and jvr will be talked about being moved one makes 8 million the other makes 4. Kessel will probably return less because of that.

Jvr is more of a Devils player though top 6 power forwRd.

Would you rather a package like kessel for gelinas and a first. Or merril gelinas a first for jvr?

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really never lived up to the hype of a #2 pick. Wonder if this is a similar situation with McDavid and eichel.

Kane is a superstar franchise player and jvr is a solid player.

Kessel and jvr will be talked about being moved one makes 8 million the other makes 4. Kessel will probably return less because of that.

Jvr is more of a Devils player though top 6 power forwRd.

Would you rather a package like kessel for gelinas and a first. Or merril gelinas a first for jvr?
Based on what? Kane has tons of talent but he's no superstar until he lives up to his potential...which he hasn't come close to yet...and may never. JVR has been a far better player so far

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? Kane has tons of talent but he's no superstar until he lives up to his potential...which he hasn't come close to yet...and may never. JVR has been a far better player so far

Well I believe this is in reference to Patrick Kane, who has 2 cups and a Conn Smythe. Evander Kane I'd probably agree with your assessment.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah Patrick kane went first overall then jvr went second.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i really dont understand why they just can't put balls into a machine and draw a winner that way? in fact thats what i thought they did?

i'm no math wiz but couldn't they just covert the % to balls and throw them in? buffalo gets say 30 balls in there boston with the worst odds gets 1?

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really dont understand why they just can't put balls into a machine and draw a winner that way? in fact thats what i thought they did?

i'm no math wiz but couldn't they just covert the % to balls and throw them in? buffalo gets say 30 balls in there boston with the worst odds gets 1?
I think the half percents screw that up a little but you could still do it, just take more balls

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is cumulative over several years but the amount of time we've lost to injuries is one of the highest in the league. Another reason to get younger.

CDUW3u4WIAAokeI.png:large

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suprising how bad Philly has been despite having the fewest. At least there's that.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So total pipe dream but screw it I'll throw it out there, if the Penguins shop Malkin, do you move the 6th overall for him? And then if the stars aligned and we brought back the deserter we could have a nice 1, 2 punch there. Malkin, Kovy, Camm as a top line?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tempting, but Malkin was not much of a factor against New York. He will be 29. Don't know.
I guess it also depends on who the first 5 picks are. If a guy like Marner is around, you keep that pick.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tempting, but Malkin was not much of a factor against New York. He will be 29. Don't know.
I guess it also depends on who the first 5 picks are. If a guy like Marner is around, you keep that pick.

Agreed.