• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

there is hope?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they have to hope Tavares doesn't retire and move to Russia.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And we currently have a 6.5% chance of getting McDavid. Pray.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
speaking of the draft

2015 NHL Draft Lottery Chooses... Toronto Maple Leafs?

I ran it 100x. Devils won 4% flyers surprisingly had the 4th best finish I don't remember %. Fun to pass a few mins.

I really wish they televised this like the did with the nba back in the day. Btw why don't they do it like the lotto? It would eliminate some doubt

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of the draft

2015 NHL Draft Lottery Chooses... Toronto Maple Leafs?

I ran it 100x. Devils won 4% flyers surprisingly had the 4th best finish I don't remember %. Fun to pass a few mins.

I really wish they televised this like the did with the nba back in the day. Btw why don't they do it like the lotto? It would eliminate some doubt

They televise it but it's on NHL Network, not sure if you have it. It's usually that one off day between the end of the season and the start of the playoffs.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They air the results but they don't show them being made. Bring out the drum with the balls and let's see them pick it. Granted last time I watched it was when we got larrson maybe they changed it

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They should definitely change it now that the winner gets the first pick instead of just being able to move up 4 spots. They need to readjust the odds to make it easy with loto balls though. Right now some of the teams have a X.5% chance so you would need 200 balls to make those odds work correctly. A simple fix if you ask me. Also starting next year they top three seeds will all be loto drawn.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game last night. Team played very well against a top team with the usual problem...scoring. W need at least 1 top tier and 1 2nd tier scorer

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kessel seems to be the only "star" out there that's available maybe Toronto just wants his contract off the books and deals him for nothing? Draft a center with this years pick and we are somewhat there

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we acknowledge what a beast Cammalleri has been this year? Guy could be a 30 goal scorer on this horrific offense! Bring in a guy like Kessel, bring up Matteau and Boucher, get some god damn talent around this man (Kovalchuk?)!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah he has been a beast thats for sure he blew away my goal prediciton of 17-21.

that being said if the devils dont have any real ambitious plans to bring in some talent. which would be VIA a trade? like say kessel? then why even have him on this roster? he is wasting away. you can even argue having him here this year cost us a better shot at landing mcdavid. he is good enough to keep this team mediocre when we need to be really bad.

so if this summer comes and goes and all we do is add a couple role players like bernier clowe gionta types then i would look to move him. the devils dont have much in the trade value bin but he would command a nice return for sure.

buuuut if your going to look to make a move this off season and bring in a legit center (draft in the top 10) and a scoring threat like kessel then yeah keep camalari and this team should be able to compete for a middle of the pack playoff spot like 5-8

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unless loto day is our lucky day, I'm liking Mikko Rantanen

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i was reading that this is a draft class that the first 5 picks are "CAN'T MISS".

figures that we hold the #6 pick. unless someone reaches we wont get any of the "top 5" guys.

mcdavid echile strome (who i really like) halifon (hes a d man but i would take him at 6) marner is the other guy i think.

the problem with our spot is that after these 5 guys are gone. the next two that are "good" are both defensemen. if we would take ratenan it would be considered a "reach" at 6.

then again thats just what i read i have no clue i dont watch these kids play.

what winning the draft lotto would mean to this team. wow mcdavid in a devils jersey? think the nhl "owes" us and our new billionaire owners?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
really makes you wonder if this new lotto system was in place when the devils "won" it and got larrson would they have taken hopkins in stead? would this team be a whole lot better with hopkins? or even landeskog?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why but I have a very good feeling about this lottery. I don't know if we'll get McDavid but I think we're picking higher than 6. It would be sweet justice to see Edmonton tumble down a few spots, that organization does not deserve another top pick.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well not for anything but after the way buffalo is being shown with all the tanking and the fans cheering for the yotes last week at home in buffalo. thats kinda embarrassing i know they have the best odds of winning but i would be SHOCKED if the nhl lets them win it. it would be sorta "punishment" if they landed the #2 pick. i can see the yotes winning it and getting mcdavid so that when they move in a few years whatever city lands them will have a "winning" team already

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well not for anything but after the way buffalo is being shown with all the tanking and the fans cheering for the yotes last week at home in buffalo. thats kinda embarrassing i know they have the best odds of winning but i would be SHOCKED if the nhl lets them win it. it would be sorta "punishment" if they landed the #2 pick. i can see the yotes winning it and getting mcdavid so that when they move in a few years whatever city lands them will have a "winning" team already

The Coyotes quietly have one of the best farm systems in the league, adding McDavid would make them an unbelievable team in 3-4 years.