• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Titans would seem to be the trade partner for us....

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a better than 50% chance of landing Mariota. Always did...at least once i knew bith he & winston were both coming out.The likelihood we trade mccoy this offsets on is significantly lower imo. Just don't see it at all.

Gotta remember that Jackson was a problem and was overpaid and wanted more money. Different situation with Mccoy.

50% chance Ah at best its a 5% chance. I just hate to see you get you hopes up to hear on draft night.

With the 1st overall pick inthe 2015 NFL draft the Tampa bay Bucs select Marcus Mariota QB Oregon.

Forget the Winston talk too many off the field issues for Tampa to take that type of risk.

Forget trading up the price it too high. I mean I read something today that mocked the Eagles trading their entire draft this year (8 picks) plus a 1st rounder next year for Mariota. Come on, no way we trade 9 picks for 1. This isnt the Phillies trading for Von Hayes (ole 5 for 1).

Relax Chip can win with Foles and he has won with Foles. If he thinks he has to trade 9 picks to get Mariota I would seriously think Chip has lost it. Its bad business, those type trades never work, honestly Chip is too smart for that. I would bet he is going to take Hundley if he thinks he needs a QB. Which once again I am not so sure he does.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think that chip wants MM because he is a special talent, while Foles is average. Don't forget that Vick was the starter over foles until he got hurt. Last year Foles was the starter, and he struggled, and then got hurt - Again. So, he doesn't have confidence that Foles can succeed, and stay healthy. So, that is why he will try hard to get a true franchise QB.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has Winston going #1 to Tampa now. I'll believe it when it happens. I still think Mariotta ends up going #1 to Tampa. Yes, Winston is more pro ready as far as from the pocket, but Marcus can certainly develop that part of his game while still burn Defenses with his feet and with great throws on the run. That is a part of Mariotta's game that is rarely talked about. Marcus is one of the best throwers on the run that I've seen in recent times ... not only is he very accurate when throwing while in motion, but also throws with excellent velocity while doing it. If you look at Tampa, they have a horrible OL ... a guy like Marcus can do more behind a bad OL than Winston would be able to do imo. Plus Marcus has zero baggage with a great work ethic ... in the long run I think there is a much better chance that he improves and has sustained success in the league over Jameis who is a complete wildcard off the field ... especially if he stays in the area close to his college buds.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The misery of average QBs has to end eventually for us as Eagles fans...and Id like it to end ASAP.

Well adding an average QB prospect won't end it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I didn't see the sacredness last year while in the pocket. He actually stepped into throws while being pressured.

That's why I don't know what happened. He looked scared with pressure around him this year. Not stepping into throws, throwing off back foot, getting feet happy etc. I said from the get go he looked terrible, yet some just wanted to talk about stats rather then what they were seeing.

He lost his QB coach and they told him the most important thing was to not take sacks. His offensive coaches failed him. (And one of them got rid of his best receiver)

Foles didn't throw many picks in 2013 and he didn't take many sacks in 2014. In 2015 he'll put it all together.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50% chance Ah at best its a 5% chance. I just hate to see you get you hopes up to hear on draft night.

Not me. I hope all the foolish Mariota-lovers are crying themselves to sleep draft night. Might take them until January or even longer to see how wrong they were.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams fan here. any talk in Phily with maybe trading Foles to the Rams to get you guys to 10? Rams move back to 20. at least you wouldn't have to give up so much to get MM.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams fan here. any talk in Phily with maybe trading Foles to the Rams to get you guys to 10? Rams move back to 20. at least you wouldn't have to give up so much to get MM.

Yeah, there is a lot of talk about trading with the Rams. Foles could give Fisher a plug-n-play QB right now. I think Chip will exhaust every possibility of getting MM.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to some people talking about the draft and QBs over the last two days of the combine the opinion i'm left with is that mariotta is a guy for the future, mid-way thru the 2016 season, not now. He's going to have to learn how to run a huddle, take the snap from under center, make nfl throws and the regular stuff around reading defenses.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition, if we end up trading the top half of the draft this year and next for a guy that isn't ready now why would any FA sign here? Trading up for MM is basically saying we're not going to compete for the next 4-5 years.
Guys want to go where they think they can win. Now, not in 5 years when they might not even be here.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition, if we end up trading the top half of the draft this year and next for a guy that isn't ready now why would any FA sign here? Trading up for MM is basically saying we're not going to compete for the next 4-5 years.
Guys want to go where they think they can win. Now, not in 5 years when they might not even be here.

I think Chip would plan on winning right away if he gets Mariota.

And, since Mariota would be on a relatively cheap rookie contract, we would have more cap space. Guys want to go where they can make money.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to some people talking about the draft and QBs over the last two days of the combine the opinion i'm left with is that mariotta is a guy for the future, mid-way thru the 2016 season, not now. He's going to have to learn how to run a huddle, take the snap from under center, make nfl throws and the regular stuff around reading defenses.

I disagree. I think it will be the opposite. MM will just run the plays, mostly from the shotgun. The argument from some is that the QB in chip's offense, just drop back and throw, or run, or hand-off. It doesn't require reading defenses as much as looking for open receivers. That's my take.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think it will be the opposite. MM will just run the plays, mostly from the shotgun. The argument from some is that the QB in chip's offense, just drop back and throw, or run, or hand-off. It doesn't require reading defenses as much as looking for open receivers. That's my take.

Chip is so thorough. I believe if he does get Mariota, the kid would be thoroughly coached up well before camp starts. I think you also underestimate the amount of coaching the kid already had I reading the D.

I'm not a fan of a big move up for MM, but I still trust Chip.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chip would plan on winning right away if he gets Mariota.

And, since Mariota would be on a relatively cheap rookie contract, we would have more cap space. Guys want to go where they can make money.

I sure he 'plans' on winning, who doesn't, who wouldn't.

The notion that you're going to win with a rookie qb is a pipe dream. Especially one completely unfamiliar with an NFL offense.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip is so thorough. I believe if he does get Mariota, the kid would be thoroughly coached up well before camp starts. I think you also underestimate the amount of coaching the kid already had I reading the D.

I'm not a fan of a big move up for MM, but I still trust Chip.

You're going to thoroughly coach up a kid who's never run an NFL offense and teach him to read NFL defenses in the next 4 months? :rolleyes:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams rumor has been discussed and I could see it happen, but only if Philly had a deal in principle worked out with Tennessee.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure he 'plans' on winning, who doesn't, who wouldn't.

The notion that you're going to win with a rookie qb is a pipe dream. Especially one completely unfamiliar with an NFL offense.

That's just the point. He does know the offense better than anyone else. That's what is attractive about him for Chip. I agree with Deano - in Chip we trust.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bucs go Winston, the Titans stay put and take Leonard Williams. Then we could be working with the Rams and the Jaguars. Maybe trade Nick Foles and #20 to the Rams for #10, then package #10 and some picks to move up to #3. Of course the Rams deal will only be accepted if we already have a deal in place with the Jags that would drop them to #10 for a package of picks. A 3-way trade in a sense, but not exactly. Jaguars need all the help they can get, including a top notch player in this draft -- #20 could be too far of a drop, where #10 could be appealing as they can still get a very nice defensive player like Fowler , S.Ray, or Beasley.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just the point. He does know the offense better than anyone else. That's what is attractive about him for Chip. I agree with Deano - in Chip we trust.

It's not the same offence. It's the offence changed for the nfl. And he sure as hell doesn't know the passing aspect of it or nfl defences or nfl coverages. There are interviews with shurmur out there where he acknowledges that they use a completely different passing tree from chips college offense.