• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Titans would seem to be the trade partner for us....

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles and Zach Mettenburger makes for great QB competition, they really could use Vinny Curry, and the #20 pick the Bills 4th rd pick this year and a 1st rd pick next year gets the deal done. That is where Chip would get Mariota. I think Tampa is taking Winston.

So really what they would be getting is...

Foles
Curry
Bills 4th rounder this year
2016 1st round pic

all that to move up to pick #2.....would you do that deal? I believe I would.
This is based on Foles grades as a 2nd rd pick
Curry grades as a 2nd rd pick

So when you look at it like that the full trade would look like this

Eagles get pick #2....Titans get #20 a 2nd(Foles) another 2nd (Curry) Bills 4th and 2016 #1

two firsts
two seconds
1 4th

stammer78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being very unbiased here but I think Mariota is very overrated and I think that is way too high of a price to pay. I think Mariota's game won't translate with the faster more intelligent ends in the NFL. But with everyone's fixation on a QB a deal will most likely be done.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a franchising crippling trade. I wouldn't do it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ONLY if we get 2 CB's, S and a G/ILB during FA do I even think about this.

Cary Williams, Bradley Fletcher, Patrick Chung, and Casey Mathews. Those are Chip's picks for his 2 CBs, S, and ILB. Hope he's learned a lot over the last two years.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey Matthews was already here when Chip got here.
Williams and Fletcher were upgrades over the "dream team" guys. Fletcher lost his confidence last year, and I blame a lot of that on Davis (who I think might be on his way out if we don't improve this year). As documented in the media, Chung was not healthy his one year here, plus he didn't have other decent pieces around him, not a good DB or DC coach.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles and Zach Mettenburger makes for great QB competition, they really could use Vinny Curry, and the #20 pick the Bills 4th rd pick this year and a 1st rd pick next year gets the deal done. That is where Chip would get Mariota. I think Tampa is taking Winston.

So really what they would be getting is...

Foles
Curry
Bills 4th rounder this year
2016 1st round pic

all that to move up to pick #2.....would you do that deal? I believe I would.
This is based on Foles grades as a 2nd rd pick
Curry grades as a 2nd rd pick

So when you look at it like that the full trade would look like this

Eagles get pick #2....Titans get #20 a 2nd(Foles) another 2nd (Curry) Bills 4th and 2016 #1

two firsts
two seconds
1 4th

Wings, this deal goes down and I'll buy you a pitcher of the best beer in the house next time you're in Music City USA. :suds:

Problem is, Ruston Webster is far less competent as Titans GM than you or I and I doubt VERY seriously he has the wit to pull this off. :bawling:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings, this deal goes down and I'll buy you a pitcher of the best beer in the house next time you're in Music City USA. :suds:

Problem is, Ruston Webster is far less competent as Titans GM than you or I and I doubt VERY seriously he has the wit to pull this off. :bawling:
Hammer as a Titans fan does the deal work? In other words is it something Titans fans would want to see happen? Clearly Vinny Curry who had 9 sacks and 3 others called back due to penalty has to be appealing, no??? Mettenburger and Foles QB competition also has to sound appealing no??? an extra 4th this year and a 1st in 2016 I would think is exactly what the doctor ordered for the Titans... no???

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer as a Titans fan does the deal work? In other words is it something Titans fans would want to see happen? Clearly Vinny Curry who had 9 sacks and 3 others called back due to penalty has to be appealing, no??? Mettenburger and Foles QB competition also has to sound appealing no??? an extra 4th this year and a 1st in 2016 I would think is exactly what the doctor ordered for the Titans... no???

I'd take that deal all damn day. You had me at Foles. And this puts us in a position to get an impact player now in the 4th round and an extra 1st-rounder next year to go along with what will surely be a top 5 pick we'll have. HELLz YEAH!!! :nod:

I keep saying this. I've said it before and didn't mean it, now I do. If the Titans fuck this pick up, I'm done for awhile. And I'm far from alone.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take that deal all damn day. You had me at Foles. And this puts us in a position to get an impact player now in the 4th round and an extra 1st-rounder next year to go along with what will surely be a top 5 pick we'll have. HELLz YEAH!!! :nod:

I keep saying this. I've said it before and didn't mean it, now I do. If the Titans fuck this pick up, I'm done for awhile. And I'm far from alone.
Hammer I think the writing is on the wall for an Eagles/Titans trade on draft day. I'm almost certain the Bucs are taking Winston, there is gonna be so much pressure on them to take the local QB, and they know it will sell tickets immediately. Going by past draft day trades I feel the trade I laid out would be worthy compensation for pick #2. it's been said that we would have to give up 3 #1 picks plus Nick Foles to get the Bucs pick at #1.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey Matthews was already here when Chip got here.
Williams and Fletcher were upgrades over the "dream team" guys. Fletcher lost his confidence last year, and I blame a lot of that on Davis (who I think might be on his way out if we don't improve this year). As documented in the media, Chung was not healthy his one year here, plus he didn't have other decent pieces around him, not a good DB or DC coach.

I know. Chip should have gotten better ones instead of giving his defensive coaches trash to work with.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for this threads topic, that is an idiotic amount to give up for Mariota.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I'm not sold on Mariota as an NFL QB I'd be very hesitant to do this trade.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for this threads topic, that is an idiotic amount to give up for Mariota.

Well let's discuss the idiocy of it shall we.....Nick Foles Obviously if your going after CHIPS QB there is no need to have Nick Foles, matter of fact his contract is up after this year, so you would have to re up him anyway. Vinny Curry, just a situational pass rusher for the most part because he really is a 4-3 DE....the Bills 4th rd pick...Well I don't think that is gonna break us.....next years #1 ok, so this is the only thing we are really giving up, because lets face it, Curry and Foles are not re signing here in 2016 to be backups. So i am not exactly sure where u get idiotic amount. That is about the amount it would take to get such a deal done. Foles and Curry would have Value to the Titans, and that #1 next year hey that is the way it goes if you want a franchise QB that YOUR head coach wants to hang his hat on!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confident that Chip will not bankrupt his team just to get Mariota, but I do think that he will find a way to get the secondary fixed in free agency, and wind up with Mariota. then he drafts for depth at OL, ILB, WR, and secondary with athletes who can grow into real good players - not just big name guys. Ala the Seahawks. With Marynowitz and Kelly having the college contacts, they will find the hidden gems.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's discuss the idiocy of it shall we.....Nick Foles Obviously if your going after CHIPS QB there is no need to have Nick Foles, matter of fact his contract is up after this year, so you would have to re up him anyway. Vinny Curry, just a situational pass rusher for the most part because he really is a 4-3 DE....the Bills 4th rd pick...Well I don't think that is gonna break us.....next years #1 ok, so this is the only thing we are really giving up, because lets face it, Curry and Foles are not re signing here in 2016 to be backups. So i am not exactly sure where u get idiotic amount. That is about the amount it would take to get such a deal done. Foles and Curry would have Value to the Titans, and that #1 next year hey that is the way it goes if you want a franchise QB that YOUR head coach wants to hang his hat on!

Vinny Curry had 9 sacks in this defense.
Foles is 14-4 in this offense.
Next years #1 picks has plenty of value. I don't need to explain that you. You love draft picks.
A 4th rounder still isn't worth throwing away just because it won't break us. Missing on a 1st rounder won't break us either, but you'd like to have as many bullets as possible to find talent.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't Andrew Luck or a Manning. I am not in favor of moving up to get him. This system is Quarterback friendly so I am not ready to give up that much for him. I will admit I do not watch college but from what I hear not everyone in convinced he will succeed at the next level. Right or wrong, no one said that about Luck or Manning.

I did watch the Championship game and when Ohio shut down the run game the Ducks looked a lot like the Eagles did this year. I know it is just one game but that was a championship game. If we make the trade then I will hope for the best.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota has not demonstrated that he's an effective pocket passer, which is the basic criteria for success in the nfl.

I wouldn't do this trade. It's not even all or nothing. The majority of the potential outcomes are negative to neutral. There's only one outcome which would justify it and that's no even a 50/50 proposition is it.

And it would require two more years to reacquire the loss of personnel.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. If we Had a defeNose, Foles would look like a stud.