• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Titans would seem to be the trade partner for us....

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want to get him that fine, be prepared for at least 3-4 years before he's competitive.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't take Foles four years to become competitive as an NFL QB. So not necessarily.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mariota will be similar to R.WIlson. Maybe not a superstar but a guy who doesnt make many mistakes, can run the shit out of the ball & will be clutch.

Could he carry the team? He wont have to. Look at our skill guys. They are pretty good & will only get better. Much better than Seattles.

Our D? We gotta work on it but if we get Maxwell & A.Rolle that would be damn good start.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh & btw Wilson has been to 2 SBs in his 1st 3 years. Great D? Sure but we have a better O coach, better weapons, not much learning curve for MAriota & an easier division.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is an injury waiting to happen. Some QBs just hold it too long & get destroyed. Cant do that in the NFL & hope to play often.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,722.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You
Being very unbiased here but I think Mariota is very overrated and I think that is way too high of a price to pay. I think Mariota's game won't translate with the faster more intelligent ends in the NFL. But with everyone's fixation on a QB a deal will most likely be done.

You may be right but Kelly wants Mariota in his offense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't take Foles four years to become competitive as an NFL QB. So not necessarily.

Foles played in a real offense. And no the Oregon Ducks and the Philadelphia Eagles do not run the same offense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is an injury waiting to happen. Some QBs just hold it too long & get destroyed. Cant do that in the NFL & hope to play often.

That's going to be Mariota as he attempts to go through his progressions for the first time in his QBing life. It's much easier to develop that skill when you did it in college against lesser players and then moved on to evaluating your ability against the best of the best.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You

You may be right but Kelly wants Mariota in his offense.

If Kelly needs Mariota he's an idiot and his offense blows. The second part isn't true so the first part shouldn't be either.

Furthermore who the fuck is Mariota to be an assumed success playing at a level far above anything he's ever attempted before?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the same offence. It's the offence changed for the nfl. And he sure as hell doesn't know the passing aspect of it or nfl defences or nfl coverages. There are interviews with shurmur out there where he acknowledges that they use a completely different passing tree from chips college offense.

Really amazing how people don't understand this or can't understand it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Is that so? What're the differences?

Yes really. That is so. The main difference being NFL passing concepts of the west coast offense variety as passed down through Pat Shurmur.

You know, the entire reason Chip wanted Pat on his staff to help "professionalize" the offense Chip was bringing with him from college. QBs up here are more capable (the WRs too) so they are asked to do more things that give advantages to the offense.

The running game is 100% Chip's. The passing game is largely Pat's. Chip mixed in some of his screens and other simple read plays that he likes to use, but when a bunch of receivers go out into routes that is largely of Pat's design and accepted as a useful concept by Chip.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of the Chip NFL offense being different, I think he and players have said numerous times that it is. The NFL one has a more complex passing route system, and is kind of a hybrid of west coast offense and Oregon.

Josh Huff commented on this in particular, saying he thought he knew the offense at first and then realized it was a lot different.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes really. That is so. The main difference being NFL passing concepts of the west coast offense variety as passed down through Pat Shurmur.

You know, the entire reason Chip wanted Pat on his staff to help "professionalize" the offense Chip was bringing with him from college. QBs up here are more capable (the WRs too) so they are asked to do more things that give advantages to the offense.

The running game is 100% Chip's. The passing game is largely Pat's. Chip mixed in some of his screens and other simple read plays that he likes to use, but when a bunch of receivers go out into routes that is largely of Pat's design and accepted as a useful concept by Chip.

I think chip has a lot more to do with the running game than you think. He has WRs running all over the place. I think Pat certainly has some influence, but Chip has more to do with that than you give him credit for.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota went through progressions and he threw from the pocket at Oregon. The Oregon Offense just had plenty of easy throws in their playbook as well with all the motion, bubble screens and RB swings. It's not like Mariota will be going through progressions for the 1st time at the pro level ... his biggest adjustment would be calling the plays and running a huddle if he lands anywhere other than Philly. That's where I see Winston having the big advantage from the jump. Mariota's a super smart kid with a high IQ for the game though, he's just not Winston type ready for the pro game (outside of Philly).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of the Chip NFL offense being different, I think he and players have said numerous times that it is. The NFL one has a more complex passing route system, and is kind of a hybrid of west coast offense and Oregon.

Josh Huff commented on this in particular, saying he thought he knew the offense at first and then realized it was a lot different.

These are facts. Not sure why some people can't understand or don't want to accept it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think chip has a lot more to do with the running game than you think. He has WRs running all over the place. I think Pat certainly has some influence, but Chip has more to do with that than you give him credit for.

Well Chip calls the plays. He obviously has a lot of responsibility for the passing game. This isn't about denying Chip anything. It's about realizing that Mariota is coming to an offense that is not the offense he runs at Oregon. It should be an easy thing to discuss, accepted and moved past, but a lot of people are having trouble with it for one reason or another.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though the offense is definitely not the same, it is still similar enough that I think Mariota could make an impact in the NFL with the Eagles sooner than any other team. Chip would get him in opening day, I bet, and probably win with him right away as he learned the pro game.