• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Pick is in... Your Official NFL Draft Thread!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was confused at the strategy myself.

Those areas were the weakest going in to the draft...and...they still are.

This is Peters rookie draft. He is going to do well long term, but like all rookies, he will make mistakes. I feel he didn't take advantage enough of the strength of this draft but time will tell.

i agree 100% with you. Taking the BPA at a position of strength confused me too. Not doubting the talent, he could be a monster. hope he is. As far as CB, the Mich kid looks good for a slot Cb but I thought they would want insurance for BSJ who had a bad year and Forbes who had an awful rookie year. I thought Kool aide would help that. But they passed on him twice. Then the Saints traded up for the guy. I was thinking Martin would have been in that role as nickel and slot. I guess he is the FS now.

As far as OT goes, they passed on Paul and Kings who could have played LT. If Coleman can step in and play LT then i am fine with that pick. Peters must know something.

The pick we got for Sweat turned into two picks the Cb and the TE. The pick we got from Young turned into McCaffery. Definitely some curve balls but like you said time will tell.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree 100% with you. Taking the BPA at a position of strength confused me too. Not doubting the talent, he could be a monster. hope he is. As far as CB, the Mich kid looks good for a slot Cb but I thought they would want insurance for BSJ who had a bad year and Forbes who had an awful rookie year. I thought Kool aide would help that. But they passed on him twice. Then the Saints traded up for the guy. I was thinking Martin would have been in that role as nickel and slot. I guess he is the FS now.

As far as OT goes, they passed on Paul and Kings who could have played LT. If Coleman can step in and play LT then i am fine with that pick. Peters must know something.

The pick we got for Sweat turned into two picks the Cb and the TE. The pick we got from Young turned into McCaffery. Definitely some curve balls but like you said time will tell.
Well done!

Some of your best work yet dean.

You are growing indeed grasshopper.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins part two ...... just kidding. :pound: :noidea:
Always smart to have young arms in the pipeline. If Hartman lights it up in preseason? You know the most popular person in DC is the Skins backup quarterback.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shades of Colt Brennan.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everybody thought Quan was overdrafted. You are still pounding the ground for Rivera draft picks.

Could Paul and Kings play LT? There is a reason Paul went 55 and Kings went 63.

Again, you are looking at this as a short term plan. We need better players, regardless of position.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to put my trust in Peters until proven otherwise.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody thought Quan was overdrafted. You are still pounding the ground for Rivera draft picks.

Could Paul and Kings play LT? There is a reason Paul went 55 and Kings went 63.

Again, you are looking at this as a short term plan. We need better players, regardless of position.

Im not. i understood the Quan pick b/c we lost McCann and we had to replace his snaps. So, i understood the pick. Yes, reports said Paul and King could play LT. Matter of fact Paul had the most experience playing LT in this draft class. How is looking at LT, CB, and Wr short term? Im not denying that we got good players.

If you had told me on April 24th that in the deepest OL/WR class in recent memory we would come away with Brandon Coleman and Luke McCaffery I would have punched you in the face... with words. How can any poster on here deny or disagree with this quote? I think the quote makes sense. Again, we got good players hopefully they play well.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper wrote this to sum up our draft; I really like this class overall, and whether it goes from great to amazing could hinge on Coleman becoming a starter. If he does and Daniels is a star, this could set the foundation for the Commanders returning to the playoffs — in a couple of years.

i agree if Coleman starts at LT for us and is the guy for us its huge. Thinks Newtown can be a Pro Bowler and his high on Sainristil.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper wrote this to sum up our draft; I really like this class overall, and whether it goes from great to amazing could hinge on Coleman becoming a starter. If he does and Daniels is a star, this could set the foundation for the Commanders returning to the playoffs — in a couple of years.

i agree if Coleman starts at LT for us and is the guy for us its huge. Thinks Newtown can be a Pro Bowler and his high on Sainristil.
I count Coleman as a OG