• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you gotta figure after Mariota leaves they are going to go back to running the shit outta the ball, even though looking at the rushing numbers this year you would never know Oregon is slinging it around more.

But with the RBs Oregon will have in Tyner, Freeman, and that kid that just verbaled from Florida that runs a 4.3 flat..... Holy shit, that is a ridiculous core of RBs.

This year the Ducks are flirting with 3 players with 1000 yards on the ground.. And they are throwing it more than ever. Scary.:omg:

It is why Helfrich>Kelly, no joke, Helf throws the ball more making Mariota a 10x more of a threat. Kelly was too stubborn on the run, he was basically leaving out half the playbook.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how I felt about our program after 2011. We hit rock bottom during the coaching search. Maybe Graham takes us back to the Rose Bowl, maybe he doesn't but for the first time in forever I can feel confident saying if we lose it will be because a better team beat us, not because we beat ourselves. I think it's time for Washington to part ways with Sark. Take away some of those dumb penalties they had and who knows, it could have been a completely different game.

I agree with you...But I think Washington is worried at who they could get. I am sure the UW Athletic dept. remembers who they had BEFORE Sark, and figure, even though it is a headache to have 7 win seasons, it is better than what they had before he arrived. So there might be a fear there that they risk something and don't get a better return.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you smoking? We haven't gone anywhere, but I did say even before that game that I was taking a trip. That turned into having house guests up from Texas and I've been just swamped at work. The other dawgs who normally post have been here plenty all week from what I've seen. So you base that question on just my being too busy to be up here as much? :wtf2:

Want to know why Huskies might not be posting as much, just watch the news. When one of your heros dies you let us know how much you want to banter about nothing. Depressed? Yes, over YOU? Hardly.

No offense, but UW had no offense that game. I'm not saying your team didn't play a darned good game for them, but the UW line was totally absent and blew plays they normally make all over the place. Our QB once again melted down into a complete idiot that couldn't make even one decision right under pressure. Every QB has to play under pressure in the Pac and Price has shown over and over again that he can't. We are pissed as hell at Sark, his offensive coaches, and the players. That has nothing to do with ASU.

I'll be around as much as I always am once my house clears out and my projects get caught up. Well, that and there needs to be something up here worth commenting on. 25 pages of you ranting about nothing with arizona fans or 10 pages of college basketball do not interest me enough to do give more than a drive by post here and there. If this board ever gets back to talking actual football I'll be here.

This is the shit im talking about. They try and make excuses when they lose. PRICE HAD LIKE 3 seconds in the pocket dude.

Also I just asked where the Huskies fans are and you come back with this shit. Im gonna be pissed, just face the facts the your o line got dominated. Stop blaming everything on Price, Shaq Thompson and your defense missed 30 tackles. It also would of been nice to see you acknowledge Kelly as you have given the kid no credit all year. Grice looks like a pro Rb and Will Sutton, and Carl Bradford look like they will be very good in the NFL.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how I felt about our program after 2011. We hit rock bottom during the coaching search. Maybe Graham takes us back to the Rose Bowl, maybe he doesn't but for the first time in forever I can feel confident saying if we lose it will be because a better team beat us, not because we beat ourselves. I think it's time for Washington to part ways with Sark. Take away some of those dumb penalties they had and who knows, it could have been a completely different game.

I have to agree with you. The more I watch a Graham coached ASU team the more as a fan I would be confident.

That team needed a disciplinarian type of guy. Thing is, usually you have some kids who dont dig that approach from a coach, but these Sun Devil players are all in on the Graham way.

I think with a couple years to build that program up his way, there is no reason to think they wont be a perennial PAC contender.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is why Helfrich>Kelly, no joke, Helf throws the ball more making Mariota a 10x more of a threat. Kelly was too stubborn on the run, he was basically leaving out half the playbook.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Who would have thought.

Kelly would bang his head against the wall despite a migraine. While Helfrich will just catapult the wall.

In all of Kelly's great success, his successor is even better.

Helf is allowing Mariota to bring Oregon its first Heisman winner. Sounds crazy, but Kelly held back a lil bit on the offenses potential. He was more conservative.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with you. The more I watch a Graham coached ASU team the more as a fan I would be confident.

That team needed a disciplinarian type of guy. Thing is, usually you have some kids who dont dig that approach from a coach, but these Sun Devil players are all in on the Graham way.

I think with a couple years to build that program up his way, there is no reason to think they wont be a perennial PAC contender.

Its great Uofa fans were laughing at us when we hired Graham. They thought they were going to pull away and have a better football program. But definitely the way hes recruiting this year and the way hes coaching. There is no reason we shouldn't be also add the new facility's and the fans have voted against that Canopy stadium design.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who would have thought.

Kelly would bang his head against the wall despite a migraine. While Helfrich will just catapult the wall.

Helf is allowing Mariota to bring Oregon its first Heisman winner. Sounds crazy, but Kelly held back a lil bit on the offenses potential. He was more conservative.

Man though, If chip didn't get to cute in that game he would of won a national championship, im serious you guys should of beat Auburn by at least 10 points that game.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget who put this team together.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've had a few who didn't gel with Graham's philosophies. They aren't on the team anymore. We had a DT Mike Pennel who physically is more gifted than Sutton. He's off in junior college somewhere because he didn't meet Graham's standards. Under Erickson he'd be starting right now and would have cost us at least 1 game for taking plays off or hitting people after the whistle.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man though, If chip didn't get to cute in that game he would of won a national championship, im serious you guys should of beat Auburn by at least 10 points that game.

God dang Darron Thomas man. He missed two blatant hand offs inside the 5 in the zone read, both were walk in tds by LaMike and Kenjon.

I mean, Nick Fairley is in your face and you try to keep and juke him???? Hand off twice Oregon wins going away.

Bittersweet season.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who would have thought.

would never ever have guessed these words would be used to describe Chip Kelly, but it's the truth. Compared to Helfrich, Chip Kelly is conservative.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget who put this team together.

If you are talking about Kelly. Yes, no doubt. Oregon is NOT where they are without Chip.

We love what he did for Oregon.

Helf just took the offense to the next level. Which seemed impossible. But none the less he has.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it over and over again. It was just the media hype from ESPN saying Chip has a master mind offense, which he did and I knew that Chip was going to try to do some crazy shit that game. It ended up hurting him especially in that 1st quarter. If he wouldn't of bought into all that media hype he would of played his way and Oregon would of won by 10 or more.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would never ever have guessed these words would be used to describe Chip Kelly, but it's the truth. Compared to Helfrich, Chip Kelly is conservative.

WHo would have thought that a revolutionary record breaking offense was actually being handcuffed to its full potential???:noidea:

Weird, I know.

Do u know Mariota is only 19?

Turns 20 October 30th. Thats pretty young for a 3rd year Soph.

Maybe he comes back.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are talking about Kelly. Yes, no doubt. Oregon is NOT where they are without Chip.

We love what he did for Oregon.

Helf just took the offense to the next level. Which seemed impossible. But none the less he has.

We'll see if he can continue to bring in the athletes to fit this style of offense.

I think he's done a hell of a job, but we'd have to wait a couple seasons before you can say he's better than Chip.

I don't follow Oregon enough to know if he's a better play caller, but I do know enough to know that Chip was great at recruiting players to fit his specific system. We'll see if this continues.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHo would have thought that a revolutionary record breaking offense was actually being handcuffed to its full potential???:noidea:

Weird, I know.

Do u know Mariota is only 19?

Turns 20 October 30th. Thats pretty young for a 3rd year Soph.

Maybe he comes back.

Lets hope not can we get an inconsistent qb that throws ints and turns the ball over like Daron Thomas. We also want him to run a 5.0 not a 4.4.

-From the rest of the Pac 12 :suds:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it over and over again. It was just the media hype from ESPN saying Chip has a master mind offense, which he did and I knew that Chip was going to try to do some crazy shit that game. It ended up hurting him especially in that 1st quarter. If he wouldn't of bought into all that media hype he would of played his way and Oregon would of won by 10 or more.

He really didnt deviate from the playbook much. He lined up a few new diamond sets for the WRs.

Other than that he ran a very vanilla Oregon game plan. Just Thomas missed zone reads. He played like dog shit.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if he can continue to bring in the athletes to fit this style of offense.

I think he's done a hell of a job, but we'd have to wait a couple seasons before you can say he's better than Chip.

I don't follow Oregon enough to know if he's a better play caller, but I do know enough to know that Chip was great at recruiting players to fit his specific system. We'll see if this continues.

You also helped put us together. That game really has turned around our season in a good way. Im actually thankful we schedule you guys even though you beat us.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We were just talking about the game plan and gameday offense. He is opening it up more so than Chip ever did.

Allowing Mariota to showcase his complete game.

And thus far, recruiting is on par if not above what Chip was bringing in. A lot of the PAC schools )UO and UW) dont get their verbals til later.

Right now the recruiting rankings are skewed bcuz Oregon only has 10 recruits. They give points per recruit. But as far as a star average, they are right up there with the big boys.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Uofa will drop to like 6th by the end of the recruiting rankings. Rich Rod gets his recruits to early dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.