• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Karl Malone Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malone: I like being up here with these two (Shaq and Barkley), because they know what the hell they're talking about.

Some of these other guys, I have to hit the mute button (mimes hitting a button on a TV remote).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malone (to Faried): Everytime I turn on the TV, you're in highlight, playing hard. I love the way you play.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Rubio backwards no look through his legs pass was sick. I also loved seeing Kyrie Irving clowning Brandon Knight with a nasty inside out crossover stepback.

Highlight of the night though has to be Malone calling out Barkley for keeping Vasoline in is navel to use on his lips during games. WTF...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James of Miami Heat says it's unfair to judge players based on titles won

It doesn't seem like LeBron James gets what Jordan is saying. Jordan said that Kobe and James are so close, like tied, and the titles is the tie-breaker. James responds that some role players have more rings than Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing but he would say they're better. But Jordan was talking about two relatively equal players.

I guess someone could say Russell and Jordan were relatively equal, but I wouldn't. That's the main example LeBron cited. He said he wouldn't take Russell over him because he had 11 versus Jordan's 6.

But I do like his argument that could be applied to Stockton and Malone. Duncan has more rings than Malone, but you know how I feel about that. People could take Jordan's argument and say they are relatively equal and rings win out. I respect that opinion, but it isn't going to change mine. You could say Duncan had a better career, but I feel that if you switched to two, Malone would have a ring or four. Wow, Tony Parker was Finals MVP in 2007, didn't remember that.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Rubio backwards no look through his legs pass was sick. I also loved seeing Kyrie Irving clowning Brandon Knight with a nasty inside out crossover stepback.

Highlight of the night though has to be Malone calling out Barkley for keeping Vasoline in is navel to use on his lips during games. WTF...

I thought that was a joke, wasn't sure if it was real. Lol.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, when I heard "navel", for some reason I thought he was referring to a different word, something that mean "breast pocket". Storing vaseline in one's navel didn't make sense to me, so I just substituted that word for something that would make more sense in context, such as breast pocket.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, when I heard "navel", for some reason I thought he was referring to a different word, something that mean "breast pocket". Storing vaseline in one's navel didn't make sense to me, so I just substituted that word for something that would make more sense in context, such as breast pocket.

But jerseys don't have breast pockets. I'd assume if he had a breast pocket, he wouldn't be storing it in his navel or Malone wouldn't joke that he did... your substitution makes less sense than what you substituted it for. But yours is less disgusting... and therefore, less funny.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But jerseys don't have breast pockets. I'd assume if he had a breast pocket, he wouldn't be storing it in his navel or Malone wouldn't joke that he did... your substitution makes less sense than what you substituted it for. But yours is less disgusting... and therefore, less funny.

Barkley wasn't wearing a jersey.

He was wearing a collared shirt. Some dress collared shirts have breast pockets, which is why my substitution made sense.

Ok, I just reread wildturkey's post. It was during games? I had missed that part, when I was watching the broadcast.

wildturkey said:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would have let OKC continue attempting halfcourt shots, even as they surpassed team Miami's time. I like seeing someone make a halfcourt shot.

I told you and Sackataters the time where the people I played basketball at lunch said I made 8 in a row. I think it was no more than 5, but it was weird. I wish we could play. When I went to games with my high school basketball team, I'd always shoot until I made a half court shot, one three pointer, a turnaround fadeaway like Malone (usually from the right side), and one layup. I was damn nervous for the state playoffs because I knew I'd only get one shot in the Jazz old floor, the Delta Center, and I made the half court shot. I shot that one first because I didn't know when I'd get kicked out.

I'd shoot the turnaround fadeaway on the left side because I'd rather airball than hit the side of the backboard. At Weber State University (another year's playoffs), I accidentally banked it, which is hard from that angle, but it wasn't on purpose so I didn't like it. I was mad because I wasn't given an opportunity to shoot it again. I went and shot my layup and left.

I was a student athletic trainer so I got to go with the team, tape ankles, etc.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would have let OKC continue attempting halfcourt shots, even as they surpassed team Miami's time. I like seeing someone make a halfcourt shot.

I told you and Sackataters the time where the people I played basketball at lunch said I made 8 in a row. I think it was no more than 5, but it was weird. I wish we could play. When I went to games with my high school basketball team, I'd always shoot until I made a half court shot, one three pointer, a turnaround fadeaway like Malone (usually from the right side), and one layup. I was damn nervous for the state playoffs because I knew I'd only get one shot in the Jazz old floor, the Delta Center, and I made the half court shot. I shot that one first because I didn't know when I'd get kicked out.

I'd shoot the turnaround fadeaway on the left side because I'd rather airball than hit the side of the backboard. At Weber State University (another year's playoffs), I accidentally banked it, which is hard from that angle, but it wasn't on purpose so I didn't like it. I was mad because I wasn't given an opportunity to shoot it again. I went and shot my layup and left.

I was a student athletic trainer so I got to go with the team, tape ankles, etc.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't know trainers were allowed to practice.

What's the best result your team had in the playoffs?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't know trainers were allowed to practice.

What's the best result your team had in the playoffs?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I'd be the ball boy because I liked to pass the ball,

Did you like to rebound?

Did you do the Malone swinging elbows after grabbing a rebound?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I'd be the ball boy because I liked to pass the ball,

Did you like to rebound?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't a trainer need some kind of medical background? Do you have a medical background?

I was in the student athletic program. I also had a Medical Assisting license from a vocational program in high school. I worked in a hospital during the summers and weekends of the school year. So yeah, but if you wanted to be the waterboy, you could come, too. The waterboy did, too.

It was funny, the waterboy thought that it was the duty of both of us to bring the water, but he wanted to do it. He would hostilely try to take the job, though I never ever even touched the water. When I ignored it, he felt bad for me and offered to let me take it and I pretended that he earned it, told him how he'd do a better job and that the team needed his efficiency, and he was happy. No, the guy wasn't mentally challenged, just passionate. I'm not sure why he thought I was going to do it. I never did.

Did you like to rebound?

Yes and no. I like to rebound, I like to shoot, and I love to pass. I always travel because I hate to dribble; it's a wasted use of energy. ;) I never swung my elbows because I don't have any elbows. You know, like those people who don't have necks or ankles. I am not familiar with Malone's swinging elbows, Moses was a little before my time. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't a trainer need some kind of medical background? Do you have a medical background?

I was in the student athletic program. I also had a Medical Assisting license from a vocational program in high school. I worked in a hospital during the summers and weekends of the school year. So yeah, but if you wanted to be the waterboy, you could come, too. The waterboy did, too.

It was funny, the waterboy thought that it was the duty of both of us to bring the water, but he wanted to do it. He would hostilely try to take the job, though I never ever even touched the water. When I ignored it, he felt bad for me and offered to let me take it and I pretended that he earned it, told him how he'd do a better job and that the team needed his efficiency, and he was happy. No, the guy wasn't mentally challenged, just passionate. I'm not sure why he thought I was going to do it. I never did.

Did you like to rebound?

Yes and no. I like to rebound, I like to shoot, and I love to pass. I always travel because I hate to dribble; it's a wasted use of energy. ;) I never swung my elbows because I don't have any elbows. You know, like those people who don't have necks or ankles. I am not familiar with Malone's swinging elbows, Moses was a little before my time. ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, dribbling is a wasted use of energy. I would try to dribble as slowly and as high as possible, to preserve by hand's energy.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Malone never had 27+ boards. Seems like most great bigs had bigger rebounding nights, especially 28-29 boards, at least once.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Carroll could hold his own on defense on a 4 or 5? I'm not sure.

Why hasn't Corbin tried benching Marvin and starting Demarre yet this year?

Corbin has done a decent job of getting guys on the court. But, has not been creative or imaginative in the combinations. The only tough personnel decision he has made was benching Hayward. Al the other ones have been only due to injury. I really wanted to see that Favors/Jefferson lineup this year...just to see.

Even if Al goes, the transition time for Enes and Derrick was needed. They got to watch and spar under Al's tutorial. I don't think either would have been too successful out of the gate. In other words, I don't subscribe to the idea that Al or Ty held them back. I don't think they were ready. I'm still not sure if they are. But, am more willing to give it a try. Keep in mind though, this was the Bobcats. We couldn't score at all for the first 10 minutes of the game. So, I've just had a tough time trying to figure out where the offense was going to come from.

Kanter looked like Malone last night, so that was pretty fun.

And, I'm ready to watch tough, physical team play again (if not obvious by my choice of adjectives the other night...soft, p!$$ies).