• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Fancy Stats Thread

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checked the box score

Oh.

Wow

And years from now 9,000 will claim they were in the rink to see it.

The rarest thing I ever saw in person at a sporting event was watching Mickey Morandini turn an unassisted triple play against the Pirates at Three Rivers Stadium.

First and second nobody out, both runners takeoff on the pitch, liner to him and he steps on second and tags the guy coming from first

It took about three seconds to realize what we had just seen.

/found the video

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rarest thing I ever saw in person at a sporting event was watching Mickey Morandini turn an unassisted triple play against the Pirates at Three Rivers Stadium.

First and second nobody out, both runners takeoff on the pitch, liner to him and he steps on second and tags the guy coming from first

It took about three seconds to realize what we had just seen.

/found the video

For me, I think it was the only no-hitter in Toronto history. It was a Sunday morning and I was hungover in Buffalo after a cousin's wedding. Being geographically challenged, I thought Cleveland was only a couple hours away and drove to catch the matinee game against my Jays. Walked up at the old Muni and sat behind third base. Attendance was pretty sparse in 1990 (the box score said 23,648 but that was not the number of butts in seats). Was not Dave Stieb's best game pitched but it got the job done. I think I still have the Plain Dealer from the next day along with my ticket.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And probably never again.
At first I thought that this wasn't that rare an event before 1967 with only 6 teams sharing players, but then I remembered that the Rangers were one of those teams.

That's damn near impossible.