• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season Wrap-Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another year comes to a conclusion. Sort of strange year. Did not feel like there was an elite team at all until second half of year once again Asian Alley Cats moved to the front of the pack.

I don’t know if its my imagination or not, but it feels like more than ever it is so hard to post a lineup of players who actually play. Its surprising in an age of so much access and information that it seems more difficult to know who is playing until 3 minutes before kickoff on Twitter. Multiple times this year I had Ibrahim, Tillman, Sanders, Tavion Thomas either play or not play at last minute when I had no idea what would happen. In cases of Ibrahim and Thomas it was a shock even to the fans of those teams. Unless you are able to hang on Twitter for 12 hours on a Saturday, its very hard to post a lineup of 9 players who actually play wee after week. Maybe I’m just misremembering and this has always been a major issue but somehow seems worse now. Team by team breakdown below in order of finish:

• 1. Asian Alley Cats – Again, Scott and his wide net of insider connections lead him to another points title. Drake Maye emerging was big. AAC shoots for the moon at QB and normally hits a few of them. Anthony Richardson was boom or bust but the boom can be Ws. Made some smart pickups during the year at RB to weather the mediocre performances of top RBs on depth chart. Sort of similar at WR too. Top players don’t knock your socks off. Pretty impressive to finish with the most points despite not having excellent RB or WR units.

• 2. Paper Tigers – Thought early in the year that I might have the best team in the league but was a very thin roster. Backups after top 3 QBs, 3 RBs, 4 WRs, were worthless and I did not get anything much from waivers. My QB picks were really good in Sanders, Duggan and Daniels after Armstrong busted. Tavion Thomas was so puzzling, things going on in locker room or off field there. Then Tillman’s injury cost me a lot but everyone has injuries – it was just hard to know when he’d play or not. Ibrahim was a beast at RB and Hutchinson most consistent WR in country although only 3 TDs vs FBS teams. Too often though I had to start weak WRs during bye weeks. Still, all in all, QB strength first half of year result in a runner-up finish.

• 3. End Zone Divas – Hooker, Penix, Ewers made for one of the best QB units. Good find in Reese at RB although A&M’s anemic offense didn’t help things. Downs was as good as expected at WR and Hyatt obviously was a big find. This was one of the stronger teams despite not having an excellent RB unit.

• 4. Skeet Shooters – This really looks like the best team on paper but you have to factor in the odd waiver pickups, kickerless lineups, and all the other buffonery that we always get from the island. A lineup that starts with Hartman, Cunningham, Charbonnet, Judkins, Johnston is tough and there were options at WR. Cunningham and Hartman both missed some games and I don’t know how early in the season Judkins got into the lineup but I’d still say by end of season this was one of the top 2 or 3 lineups in the league.

• 5. Waxy Frogs – This team got off to a hot start but I had concerns. Tucker and Brown’s schedules got tougher and the production dropped off especially for Tucker. Brown kept getting yards but then was in low scoring B1G games with few TDs to be had. Bryce Young wasn’t great this year and very thin at QB behind Travis. Was Travis good? I don’t know. Backup RBs really shaky. At WR Wicks was so bad this year. Team definitely declined but still finished in top half of the league.

• 6. Smurf Turfers – Leonard surprised at QB – not sure how much he was used here. Very strong RB unit – probably the best in the league. A lot of question at WR and you need to start at least 3 each year. Will be interesting to see if the Turfers face any offseason ramifications for the white-flag trade made with Heisman Hopefuls. Will Shipley may look to transfer from the Turfers with the leadership questions amidst the controversy

• 7. Heisman Hopefuls – Moved up from 10th to 7th with a big final week. I liked the QB position early but then Shrader and Levis slowed down in second half of year. Brilliant pickup in Charlie Jones and risked a lot of fantasy points to do it. Gibbs had his good days so that was not a bad pick. Biggest issue here is inconsistency at wide receiver I think with top WR picks not doing all that much this season although Jones made up for some of that. Good use of waiver wire for a few different guys to make up for draft misses. Unfortunate that the owner felt the need to collude with another owner in that late-season shakedown of Raheim Sanders for circus peanuts.

• 8. Orgy of Evil – Good QB unit with Pac-12 guys. Henderson was disappointing. RBs here are not good at all. Actually neither are WRs. Really a one unit team this season.

• 9. Drunk Jocks – I thought I liked this team a decent amount but WRs Mingo wasn’t consistent. Allen on Wisconsin didn’t have the season some thought he’d have. Will Rogers was mostly good but never runs so he’s not elite and passing yards probably below what one would expect. Then the other QBs behind him are really limited. Marvin Harrison ended up being good addition but not enough players here to fill out a strong lineup week in and week out.

• 10. Winsley’s Warriors – Thought this team had potential to have a great year – what a disappointment. The QBs are OK but nobody here you could count on each week. Bijan was good and Dye was too before getting injured. But its WR that was the big problem here. Smith Njigba did absolutely nothing and it was tempting for Mike to start him when it seemed like he’d play. Burden was a Week 1 tease. Other WR options were OK like Ford-Wheaton, McMillan etc. Entire year woulda been different if Smith-Njigba was healthy.

• 11. California Raisins – QB position really a mess here. Not sure I’d like starting any of those guys week in and week out. Howard probably ended as top QB. Abanikanda was really good . Thought Grant was nice pickup early but Nebraska was just so bad it didn’t work out. Iowa State never scores points. Definitely some talent at WR with Smith-Njiba missing season and Egbuka getting more playing time but in this league you need QB production and it just wasn’t here.

• 12. Dawgfathers – The QBs outside of Jefferson disappointed here. Leary wasn’t even good when in and Tagovailoa had some tough weather games. Slovis was worthless I’m sure. Deuce Vaughn was still good at RB and Miyan Williams had his weeks here and there. This WR unit is terrible – no way around that. I think it rivals mine from last year actually.

All-Soul Team:

• QB Drake Maye – North Carolina
  • QB Caleb Williams – USC
  • RB Bijan Robinson – Texas
  • RB Mo Ibrahim – Minnesota
  • RB Blake Corum – Michigan
  • WR Jalin Hyatt – Tennessee
  • WR Charlie Jones – Purdue
  • WR Marvin Harrison Jr – Ohio State
  • K Jake Moody – Michigan

Congratulations to Asian Alley Cats on another Points Title. Wish I coulda held him off. See everyone next June!!!

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff!

As for my buffonery, only missed a kicker lineup once :)

Credit to Q, he got the pickup of the year that likely would have changed the final standings. I bid heavy on Charlie Jones, but lost him to Q, 41 v 38. On paper Quentin Johnston and his draft stock look good, but from a statistical standpoint he was slightly above average. He didn't bring 50 yards receiving until his 5th game of the season. Dykes Air-Raid was more run heavy than expected so this was a bust pick as was most of the rest of my WRs.

Malik Cunningham was also a bust for the draft capital used. Numbers basically 50% of what he did last year which is pretty amazing. Wasn't expecting another 1000 yd/20 TD rushing season, but expected more than what I got.

RB was strong group. Picked up Judkins week 4 (no other bids!) and he was a changing factor even with Evans still around. Singleton was decent, but not the bell cow I thought he'd be. Felt good to get Charbonnet's best season since I've owned him since his Michigan days.

Overall injuries (like for many) played a role in the outcomes of some matchups. Getting surprise zeros always suck :)

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect to hear from my attorney for such libel

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff!

As for my buffonery, only missed a kicker lineup once :)

Credit to Q, he got the pickup of the year that likely would have changed the final standings. I bid heavy on Charlie Jones, but lost him to Q, 41 v 38. On paper Quentin Johnston and his draft stock look good, but from a statistical standpoint he was slightly above average. He didn't bring 50 yards receiving until his 5th game of the season. Dykes Air-Raid was more run heavy than expected so this was a bust pick as was most of the rest of my WRs.

Malik Cunningham was also a bust for the draft capital used. Numbers basically 50% of what he did last year which is pretty amazing. Wasn't expecting another 1000 yd/20 TD rushing season, but expected more than what I got.

RB was strong group. Picked up Judkins week 4 (no other bids!) and he was a changing factor even with Evans still around. Singleton was decent, but not the bell cow I thought he'd be. Felt good to get Charbonnet's best season since I've owned him since his Michigan days.

Overall injuries (like for many) played a role in the outcomes of some matchups. Getting surprise zeros always suck :)

Judkins was probably the better pickup from the time you got him ln.

Jones blazing hot start won a few games for me. Him and ducking absolutely killed it early on. Then both teams decided they were scoring way too many points and scaled it back

My season was weird as I was a top 3 team the first half (despite being a bad owner) and then the single worst team in the league the last half (again self inflicted in many areas)

I did have a staggering amount of injuries but my hot start gave me enough leeway to hang on despite your blazing hot finishing kick

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will try to keep this short. Overall thoughts on my own team and then a quick little rundown on others teams.

My own team.

Really loved my team this year from the players themselves to the results. This may not have been my "very best" team in Soul 12 history but I think it could be my deepest team in soul history. Weekly decisions were tough because I felt like I had a lot of good options each week and it wasn't just 3 or 4 studs but rather a complete team effort this year and I used pretty much everyone on my team at some point other then the early cuts which included a week where I had Richardson, Maye and Gabriel on the same bye week and got enough out of Jason Bean and Emory Jones to maintain that week.

QB's
------
I was strong here. I had 3 good weekly options. Anthony Richardson never had the fantasy career I expected him to have a a QB at UF and his start to the season was horrid with bad games against Kentucky and South Florida. He was the difference early in the season when his came was PPD until Sunday and he got just enough for me to get past my opponent that week before he was pulled. That seemed to motivate the team and get us going on for the rest of the season. ;)... Drake Maye turned out my best fantasy player throughout the season. He became my QB 1 and Dillon Gabriel ended up a pretty consistent fantasy QB, wasn't a week in and week out stud but good enough to be a QB 2 and I had the luxury of Anthony Richardson coming on midseason where I could start Richardson over Gabriel late in the season based on matchup and then in the championship starting him in a better matchup that Richardson had and he ended up having his best game of the season with 6 td passes and onto Soul 12 championship MVP., which he, Benson and Marvin Mims could have all won.

RB's
---------
I was weak here early on. Zach Evans started the season off well but as Judkins emerged and Evans once again had injuries his volume went down and he became unreliable. Byron Cardwell was basically out for the season (played in 1 game) and Jaylan Knighton who I started week 1 not knowing he was hurt ended up losing his starting job early to Henry Parrish. I picked up Parrish and ended up riding him early in the season although he was very ineffective. The good thing is he would score me a TD but would typically low amount of yards after his best games were against cupcakes in which I didn't have him on the roster. However, as Evans started to slide and Parrish proved he wasn't what he was early in the season other players started to pick it up. Trey Benson, Damien Martinez and Audric Estime (waiver pickup) carried the slack and while not GREAT week in and week out they were better then what I had early in the season and it was enough to slide me through at RB. The RB core here sorta flip flopped from early in the season to late. Evans, Parrish and Omarion Hampton gave way to the 3 above. Hampton who never really took over the starting job was an ok start for a few weeks but then UNC began passing most downs and then eventually Caleb Hood followed by Elijah Green after Hood's injury took over full carries at UNC which seemed to be a share at the start of the year. I even started George Pettaway once early in the season in which he did score me a TD but didn't have much yardage. Not my best RB crew here but they did the trick and I ended up staying patient with guys like Martinez and Benson that didn't look like such good picks early on that ended up starting for me at the end of hte year and doing well. Benson had 2, 3 td games with his biggest being the final game of the season against the Heisman Hopefuls. Most of my waiver focus this season was on this position.

WR's
--------
This crew was good. I didn't really have a week in week out stud here like a Jalin Hyatt or Charlie Jones but overall I did well playing what I had on matchups and it worked out well. I got strong and average games from Xavier Worthy, Marvin Mims, Mario Williams, Troy Franklin, Keon Coleman, Bru McCoy, Donavon Greene and Moose Muhammad here. Saw some really good games in here sprinkled with some low games in here but was able to play the matchups pretty well.. Getting Marvin Mims best game in two years in the championship game. A big Marvin Mims fan he was really good for me his FR year, bad for me his SOPH season and up and down this year with a really good game early in the season and then his best game late in the season. With him likely declaring I think it was fitting how he went out as an Asian Alley Cat after being on the roster for 3 seasons. Worthy didn't have the season I was hoping for but he was typically and every week start. He started slow but did well in the mid weeks of the season then sorta ended like how he started with the Texas passing game struggling the past few weeks but overall he did the trick. The rest were pretty much mix and match. This crew was deep for me and while not elite fantasy WR's they all chipped in I can say that each and every one had an important clutch moment for me as the season went on. All fairly dependable at different times of the season. When one slowed down another guy picked it up, etc.... My really bad pick here was Antonio Harmon who I knew I took a gamble on and had a bad feeling about it so should have never done it in the first place. Ahhh well. I didn't need to focus much on waivers here as my draft here worked out well.

K
---
This was fine. Drafted a kicker that was pretty reliable for me all season. Signed a K (Bert Auburn) who was good when Brown had his early season bye and I kept him rostered all season because he was a decent enough kicker you never know when your kicker is going to go down so I ended up keeping two kickers most of the season which is rare for me but with the early bye week I had to grab one early and then I ended up relying on Auburn when Okie State offense sputtered with the Sanders injury. I could usually get close to the 10 point mark here most weeks with one really big week from Brown.

Championship Game

The week start off with Trey Benson giving me a good start to the week. Marvin Mims gave me separation and then Dillon Gabriel pretty much made it impossible and put the stamp on the championship. Maye had about his worst game of the season but thankfully he was able to throw and run for a TD late in that game to make his fantasy week "ok" and not awful. I can't complain about Maye as he was consistently a great fantasy player for me this year. The others picked him up in which Gabriel saved his best game for last. Also, got a steady game from Troy Franklin and not so good game from Estime with Worthy and Martinez not playing much of a factor in the fantasy department this week.

Top 5 title game scores for the Cats (Gabriel, Benson, Mims, Maye, Franklin) and the top 3 were huge and opened the float gates for the others to coast.

** Notice neither of my keepers started in the championship game. Both played important roles but you don't need great keepers to win titles **

I want to randomly mention that I was a little annoyed with Zach Evans the past two years. A guy with a ton of upside and he had some good games for me but he never really had that "BIG" game that I felt he was capable of. Seemed like he was about to explode at times and then just never had that one "WOW" moment in Soul 12. It was always and injury or another RB coming on and taking/sharing carries with him. I was waiting for that 200 yard, 3/4 td game at some point from him but never had it. Ironically, he did have one 200 yard game but the Td's went to Judkins and that was a week he was on my bench and fresh off an injury so wasn't even sure if he is was going to play.

Now for a quick take on the other teams... (post coming)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heisman Hopefuls – Brian John didn’t start out in the best situation with one mediocre keeper and another weak one. I like the early round picks. Gibbs to me is a risk because he hasn’t shown he can carry a full workload. I think the QBs are a strength. I like each one of them where he got them. The RB position is relying on Peat stepping into the role that recent Mizzou starting RBs have had. The potential weakness seems to be RB quality depth here. Boutte was very nice value in Round 2 – I didn’t think he’d be there. I thought Robinson was a smidge early although we have seen Kentucky lead WRs targeted a lot. We know what Brian John’s gonna do with mid and late round WR picks. It’s the same thing every year. The Oklahoma State WR thing is a little weird. Brandon Weeden is not walking through that door. Biggest issue here is in-season management. This is the owner who infamously started Spencer Sanders over Quentin Harris in the championship game. If the Hopefuls can make the right lineup decisions, this team could contend in the Fuller division.

Most Important Player – WR Tayvion Robinson – Could go a few directions with most important guy but with so many unproven WRs, Robinson will be starting from the outset for the Hopefuls. If he’s not WR1 on Kentucky then he could become an unstartable player midway through the year. If he can be another Wandale Robinson then he’s a good 1-2 punch with Boutte.

Stevie pretty much nailed this. He was correct that bad ownership was an issue. And that Robinson sucking huge donkey balls left me hanging more than a few times.

however, it was Brown and not Sanders in that title game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sara division defeated the Fuller division by an outcome of 5-1 in the bowl games... With Navin (11th/12th place game) saving the division from a total shutout in the battle of the divisions.

Heisman Hopefuls- An interesting year for them. Not Q's best team but he did a good job in sticking with this team and finding ways to win. A very good defensive season for the Hopefuls. His team did some good things here and had some good moments. Just seemed like they could never FULLY click in the same week. He had his best week when he needed to win the most to keep his season alive in week 12 when it came down to the Heisman Hopefuls vs the Skeet Shooters. Charlie Jones was a huge asset to this team and worth every penny Q spend on him. The MVP of his team. DTR was more consistent this year then last year and ended up a pretty good fantasy QB. We saw signs of Gibbs exploding but we also saw him start and end the season slow. A great fantasy player at times and will be a heck of a RB in the NFL but as a fantasy RB his career was up and down between being on a poor Georgia Tech team and being on an Alabama team in which they were led by Heisman contender Bryce Young in which Alabama probably relies on him a lot more if he is playing next to most other QB's. I know Q will forever hate Journey Brown and Trey Benson but Q needs to keep his chin up and be proud of how far he got with this team and prepare for 2023 the real year of #TheQ

End Zone Divas- This was one of the most dangerous teams from mid to late season. A slow start at 1-4 and finished 7-5 and a bowl bowl victory. Tony was very team Tennessee this year getting a huge year out of his Tennessee players. Hooker and Hyatt was a lethal combination and the week they had vs Alabama was insane sprinkled in with some Jabari Small who seemed to score a lot. Achane started off a little slow for him but ended pretty well and it seemed like this team all came together at once... Hyatt, Downs, Achane and Antoine Greene really came on for this team. Penix was a surprise and had a great year. Ewers proved a little unreliable but with Penix having the season he did Ewers never really taking that next step during the course of the season didn't hurt this team. The WR core here start off slow but it ended well. The picks of Parker Washington and Ja'Corey Brooks looked pretty bad early and while not great fantasy players with the other players on this squad coming on these guys had their better games late in the season to help out. Early on WR looked like a major problem here but Hyatt and Antoine Greene really proved to be every week starters and then Parker Washington and Brooks ended up with a few decent weeks to help out there. Not a lot of depth here but a lot of studs in the starting lineup as the season went on.

Skeet Shooters- Probably the oddest team in the league this year. I look at the starting roster and it looks REALLY good on paper but had a lot od downside too. Started off really slow, good waiver pickups this year at the WR position which seemed weak early on and Quentin Johnston started to put together what JB thought he was when he drafted him only to prove to be hit by the injury bug once again late in the year. This team won 3 VERY close games and back to back weeks by 1 point. A team you look at on paper and don't really want to play yet you may want to play based on some of the weird things that went on with this team throughout the season. Capable of a 160 plus game but also capable of an 80 pt game. Overeall, a good team but the best way to describe this team is probably to say they had a slow start and a bad ending. This team was probably the cardiac cats of the soul 12 season this year.

Winsley's Warriors- Good team on paper. Drafted well this year. Hit hard by injuries. Had depth to be able to play QB's on matchups but each QB was down injured at some point of this season and it seemed like when one headed up they would get injured. Martinez, O'Connell, Rising and Daniels all missed games with injuries. It ends the Winsley's Warriors run with Bijan Robinson at RB. He will be missed by the Warriors. Taking Smith-Njigba #1 overeall here turned out to be a huge mistake as he missed most of the season. A really good team when I look at it but a very injury prone team capped off with a season ending injury to Travis Dye and Adrian Martinez never really fully getting healthy as he was in and out of games which made it hard on these Warriors to get any consistency. At the start of the season I thought this might be the year of the Warriors but by the end of the season they were scratching and clawing for 100 point games. Had a lot of in game injuries that hurt this team.

Paper Tigers- Another weird team this year. Very capable of having HUGE weeks and then we saw a lot of low weeks due to injuries. Cedric Tillman, Spencer Sanders, Tank Bigsby, Tavion Thomas all had to be a little annoying this season for the Tigers. Guys capable of big weeks but they also screwed him many of times. Max Duggan ended up a key part of this team but this team took a lot of 0's this year due to last minute injury news and weird situations this year with Tavion Thomas. Mo Ibrahim even was scratched minutes before kickoff and Cedric Tillman never really healed after his injury and was in and out of games. Tank Bigsby was a guy I expected would be a 3 year stud at Auburn and it never really turned out that way for the Tigers. It was hard to know when to start and sit this guy. Ibrahaim was way better then I expected this year. LIked where he was drafted but didn't take him earlier because I figured UM might go small on his volume to keep him healthy for the NFL and I figured Potts would get a lot more work then he did this year because of that. Dorian Singer was a pretty good pickup here but Arizona was capable of exploding for 400 yards passing in a game of 150.

Drunk Jocks- One of the early season favorites after the draft. RB was sort of an issue here outside of Allen who was pretty good most of the year but maybe not as consistent as he had hoped for. Tiyon Evans was hurt most of the year and was hard to know when to start like so many other player in soul 12 this year. I like the WR core here with Harrison, Flowers and Palmer. Palmer proved pretty good fantasy wise despite some not so good games with injuries to QB. I expected a lot more from Jonathan Mingo. Almost re-drafted him and glad I didn't. Think he had one huge week and then mostly average or low games. He proved unreliable fantasy wise but ended up starting him a lot because the depth wasn't great on this team but the core players was pretty good here. Wasn't real active on waivers this year and I think that hurt this team as he really had to rely on 3 different Georgia RB's at spurts during the season (Milton, Edwards finished off with McIntosh) and then guys like Tiyon Evans and Chris Tyree had a few starts but never really did much damage this year. QB2 was problem here too. Will Rogers was good but JT Daniels was awful and Blake Shapen and Drew Pyne were hit or miss starts.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orgy of Evil- Off to a very slow start at 1-7 but finished well. Team you probably didn't want to play late in the season. Scored the most points from the Fuller division in the finals but unlucky with playing the second highest scoring team in the title. Was a rematch of last years title games and the Jocks got them again. OB might hate Red Snow by now. This team probably had the biggest surprise soul 12 player this year in Bo NIx. QB 1 and 2 were amazing. WR's were a killer for this team this year and RB's had to be annoying. Eric Gray was great. Henderson was injury riddled and towards the end of the year OB had to just give up on him because he would start one week, out the next ,start, out the next. Donovan Edwards same sort of year. Injured, did well for a bit, injured, finished well. Like they did me last year Texas Tech let this team down. Injuries to QB's having to start 3 different Tech QB's and never knowing which one was going to start became a problem and annoying for the Evil. At the end of the day he had two reliable QB's and the rest just didn't come through for him but they were capable of a big week and we saw that at the end of the year. This team went heavy on Washington State and Texas Tech and they had their moments but ended the season pretty well staying away from those two schools and then things started to click late. It was just too late by then. Caleb Williams, Eric Gray (rebound year) and Bo Nix were terrific though.

Waxy Frogs- Started off 4-0 and looked like the team to beat. Things slowed down after that. Bryce Young had some nice weeks but he had some unexpected 15-18 pt weeks late this year.. Jacob Cowing, Sean Tucker and even Chase Brown (a bit) slowed down midseason and Jordan Addison was a huge letdown for this team. I expected him to have a huge year but Caleb Williams did more damage with his legs then in the air this year and between that and the injury Addison never had the year we thought we would see him have. This team was very capable this year. The issue I see with this team was really tougher schedule for his core players as the season went on and very little depth. Needed better waiver pickups but was pretty quiet on waivers this year. Jordan Travis was HUGE for Waxy this year and Chase Brown was a lot more consistent then I think anyone would have expected him to be this year. A good starting squad, not a deep team but the high scores started dropping to more consistent 100's as the season went on and didn't have the luck of playing the right teams in the right week once the scores started dropping for him. Went from 4-0 to 4-7 but ended with two wins.

Dawgfathers- Season started off bad with the Brooks injury and he just never recovered. Another team with a lot of injuries and not a lot of depth here. Deuce was ok but got a lot of td's taken away early from Martinez and while the yardage was pretty good the TD's weren't there like they were last year. Jefferson was good. The WR's and RB's just didn't have the upside he needed to compete. Squeaked out some wins early with the right matchups but as the season went on the luck with the matchups went away and this team became pretty much the Denver Broncos of the league.

California Raisins- QB was a HUGE issue for the second year in a row. May have had the worst QB situation in Soul 12 history. Had some huge weeks from Abanikanda. WR's weren't real good this year as he had to rely on Mitchell Tinsleys and Rakeem Jarrett WAY too much and neither was very good. Had some ok games with them but never had a "BIG" game from either. Egbuka and Abanikanda were great though. Anthony Grant started off well and then when Frost was fired it seemed to throw Grant off the map. Will Howard was a good late season pickup but way too late for this squad. Dart was a huge letdown and you know it isn't good when you have to rely on Jack Plummer as much as Navin did. I like Navin's effort here. He tried everything he could with waiver claims just never found a big asset through waivers after looking like he may have early with Anthony Grant. AT Perry was a letdown as a first rd pick. While he was right in starting him every week he just never had the big weeks you expected to see in him after a good season last year.

Smurf Turfers- The RB core was solid with Corum, Shipley, Sanders and Miller. Probably had the worst WR core in the league and Stroud really slowed down late in the season. QB 2 as a problem here. At times De Laura was great but with the highs came a lot of lows. Although he was deep at RB and weak at WR I think he could have made a much better trade for Sanders and instead he ended up with a WR Boutte who caught him 3-4 passes a game and another WR in Ducking in which he never played him once after the trade. The trade just didn't make a lot of sense. It didn't help him at all and probably would have been better off just biting the bullet and riding out the season there with what he had. This team was capable and had some unlucky weaks losing close games but it ended pretty bad as well. The RB unit here was solid though. Didn't want to get this team on the wrong weak when you saw him on the schedule but the WR's core and inconsistent QB play ended up making it a long season for the Turfers.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I typed that fast and my fingers hurt so I don't care about any typos at this point. I even had to split it between two posts because of the SportsHoopla character limit.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy the write ups. Thanks all for another fun season. See you all next year around draft time.

I had a blast!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks all for participating. Assuming everyone is coming back next year. If not let me know ASAP so I am not finding an owner last minute.

Happy Holiday and tata...

Until then the only thing I really have is.

2023 The Year of the Q!!!

Seriously, this is the year!

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always enjoy the wrap ups. I agree with mine. I feel like on paper, my starting lineups look legit! Then they can just suck for some reason. Malik Cunningham was a massive disappointment, but running QBs are risky in that way.

Will be back next year, already thinking about my keepers!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always enjoy the wrap ups. I agree with mine. I feel like on paper, my starting lineups look legit! Then they can just suck for some reason. Malik Cunningham was a massive disappointment, but running QBs are risky in that way.

Will be back next year, already thinking about my keepers!

I did that last night, and then i started crying...

behind the 8 ball already.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’ve been crying since Chris Leak was drafted ahead of you!

Not true, I had good keepers that one year.

I think Falk and Cook.

Everything else has been dumpster fire city

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am referring to you quitting when Ed took Leak ahead of you. ;)

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least I was able to finish on a "high note" (lol) with 2 wins and didnt lose out like I tought.

Hopefully I can get some better luck with keepers finally next year. Jordan Addison really bit me in the ass this year with his inconsistency and injuries.

Pretty accurate description of my team though, my depth was awful, particularly at WR. That was where I got hurt the most as the season wore on. Along with Sean Tucker deciding to go nearly completely MIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.