• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2024 free agents

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a list of the top 10 FA WRs in '24, along with some honorable mentions:

I don't see Poles going after the biggest names who will cost the most coinage, but there are a number of 2nd tier receivers who could be had, which could fit nicely in their gameplan if Poles intends to use the #9 pick on someone catching the ball. The big if there is the availability of the top names when Poles selects, and also the question as to whether Poles trades back on the pick.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a list of the top 10 FA WRs in '24, along with some honorable mentions:

I don't see Poles going after the biggest names who will cost the most coinage, but there are a number of 2nd tier receivers who could be had, which could fit nicely in their gameplan if Poles intends to use the #9 pick on someone catching the ball. The big if there is the availability of the top names when Poles selects, and also the question as to whether Poles trades back on the pick.
this is why I cannot stand free agency starting before the draft. all it leads to is cutting veterans before their contract is up and adding dead money. I know, the draft picks are supposed to be the guys that take over down the line, but you are committing 4-5 years at max money for a position you might end up drafting if one of your guys on the board falls to you.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tee Higgins gets tagged..........no thanks

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilkins anyone?

As a positional need, DT does not rank with the DE/Edge spot that's still open. But it would hard to argue against acquiring such a productive player.

• Stats: 65 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, 9.0 sacks, 23 QB hits, 1 forced fumble, 2 fumble recoveries, 2 pass breakups (17 starts)

As the article states, it's considered a moderate need. But this guy brings it every play and perhaps more importantly, every GAME, as he didn't miss one at all last season. In fact, he hasn't missed one in three years. Few players at his position can make that claim. He won't come cheap, but I'd be all in with this catch.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone interested in taking a flier on this guy?

Perhaps a bit suprising but the Giants didn't tag him. He won't come cheap, probably somewhere in the $10-12 AAV range. Not sure if this is too rich of a price for Poles in order to bust a move on him. He's had a bit of injury history, altho he didn't miss a game at all last season. Plus the man can ball at either safety spot and we need to fill one of those spots.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone interested in taking a flier on this guy?

Perhaps a bit suprising but the Giants didn't tag him. He won't come cheap, probably somewhere in the $10-12 AAV range. Not sure if this is too rich of a price for Poles in order to bust a move on him. He's had a bit of injury history, altho he didn't miss a game at all last season. Plus the man can ball at either safety spot and we need to fill one of those spots.

Im more of an ot or dl first,but if the price isright,sounds like a good signing.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im more of an ot or dl first,but if the price isright,sounds like a good signing.....
Can't argue with that. Mind you, we need another safety, little doubt there. The bigger question tho is do we need one at that price or can we find someone cheaper in free agency or even in either of our two 4th round picks. Talented safeties are often found by teams on day 3.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with that. Mind you, we need another safety, little doubt there. The bigger question tho is do we need one at that price or can we find someone cheaper in free agency or even in either of our two 4th round picks. Talented safeties are often found by teams on day 3.

Well beingwe only have 5? picks now,we msybe using the freeagency a lot........:noidea:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well beingwe only have 5? picks now,we msybe using the freeagency a lot........:noidea:
Unless Poles still has something up his sleeve, that's my thinking as well. Amazing that he said he wanted to build this team primarily thru the draft, yet here we are with only 5 picks at the moment. Can't complain tho about losing one of those....Rd 2 for Montez Sweat. VERY much worth that spot. In fact, when they're getting ready to announce the 40th pick, I'm gonna make sure to enter his name on this board as our 2nd round pick!!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Poles still has something up his sleeve, that's my thinking as well. Amazing that he said he wanted to build this team primarily thru the draft, yet here we are with only 5 picks at the moment. Can't complain tho about losing one of those....Rd 2 for Montez Sweat. VERY much worth that spot. In fact, when they're getting ready to announce the 40th pick, I'm gonna make sure to enter his name on this board as our 2nd round pick!!!
I mean, we will get, at least one pick for Fields. When that deal inevitably comes down. Maybe even two. A 2nd or 3rd and a 6th or 7th?

Even if we only get one pick (2nd or 3rd). I'm willing to bet we trade down from #9. In fact, that seems like the likely scenario, unless they have a massive hard on for someone that falls to us.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Would rather have the 9th pick instead of a trade down........what could we really get for it.....honestly??

Im more into giving CW quality rather than quanity( insert JFs trade value).........

Get CW the best available at 9,we do not need questions the same as JF has had the last 2 seasons as he needs more help......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, we will get, at least one pick for Fields. When that deal inevitably comes down. Maybe even two. A 2nd or 3rd and a 6th or 7th?

Even if we only get one pick (2nd or 3rd). I'm willing to bet we trade down from #9. In fact, that seems like the likely scenario, unless they have a massive hard on for someone that falls to us.
I Would rather have the 9th pick instead of a trade down........what could we really get for it.....honestly??

Im more into giving CW quality rather than quanity( insert JFs trade value).........

Get CW the best available at 9,we do not need questions the same as JF has had the last 2 seasons as he needs more help......
Well depending on which team pulls off the trade down with us, ie, we trade with a team somewhere in the mid teens, at last one talented DE/edge. a couple OTs, and several WRs should still be be there for the taking. And naturally what actions Poles takes in free agency will also help shape the direction he'll take in the draft.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kinda worried about this:

The thought had crept into the back of my thick head that when we traded for Bates, Poles might have also found his starting center. Now I have nothing personal against the guy, but there's a reason he's pretty much been a backup thruout his career. I understand Poles has only so much cap space and he's not loaded with a bunch of draft picks this year. But here was the opportunity for him to sign a proven starting center, of which there are a number available this year. If Bates does become the starter, I'll hope he'll succeed and not be a Lucas Patrick 2.0

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well depending on which team pulls off the trade down with us, ie, we trade with a team somewhere in the mid teens, at last one talented DE/edge. a couple OTs, and several WRs should still be be there for the taking. And naturally what actions Poles takes in free agency will also help shape the direction he'll take in the draft.

Well we had brtter get the other teams 1st but thrte hss to be more to go along with that......
Im not into wateredfown talent for more picks......that juetseems dumb.
Lastyear trsde down from no.1 was nobrainer,we were not interested in a qb,so it made sense.......
This years 9th pick: "It needs to be the best player of an offensive position......There should be NO QUESTIONS going into 2025 if CW needs more help"

It really needs to be addressed now with the best we can get,not some watered down player/s.......We have waited how many years now for a top of the line qb,and we want to trade down......??.......no thanks,getthat top of the line olinemae or wr if hes available.......
JF should be considered our extra pick or two......

We are not winning that SB next year,but we could very possibly make the playoffs with another (so far) favorable schedule........We were awfully close last season,not sure why we cant get there this season......

Poles get the best we can get puhlease!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thought had crept into the back of my thick head that when we traded for Bates, Poles might have also found his starting center. Now I have nothing personal against the guy, but there's a reason he's pretty much been a backup thruout his career. I understand Poles has only so much cap space and he's not loaded with a bunch of draft picks this year. But here was the opportunity for him to sign a proven starting center, of which there are a number available this year. If Bates does become the starter, I'll hope he'll succeed and not be a Lucas Patrick 2.0

I thought I resd somewheres,where we made an offer to Bates before,but Buffalo matched it...I coukd be wrong tho.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I resd somewheres,where we made an offer to Bates before,but Buffalo matched it...I coukd be wrong tho.
No, you're right, Poles did make an offer, but Buffalo matched. I'll root for Bates to do well, but this was not close to my idea of cementing the very important center position. Let's see what happens thru the rest of the offseason.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Brad Biggs said the Bears' intent is for this guy to be our center. I'm not really pleased and still hope we draft one.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only have a quote here, but if true, not a good sign for Bates as our starting center:

Ryan Bates in the 2 games he started at center in 2022 had PFF pass block grades of 52.4 and 55.

Can't verify if this is true. But if it is, welcome to Lucas Patrick 2.0

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston doesn't tag Jonathan Greenard. As much as I like the thought of inking DT Christian Wilkins, DE/Edge is a bigger need for the team, and if we're gonna blow a decent wad on a single player, I'd prefer it's used on this position. Get him while the gettin's good.