• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Territorial Cup Thread

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's hilarious ASU fans publicly declaring Arizona is a better basketball school. In other news, the sky is blue.

On the flip side, it is not quite the same FACT that ASU is better in football or baseball. I don't even think it's true. We all know the arguments on each side, but it's a debate.

My favorite ASU trash talk lately has been calling the Cats win over Oregon a "fluke" or "lucky". Bunch of geniuses there....cuz that game was sooo close...if it weren't for that bad call or wacky play at the end. Fact is AZ dominated the #5 team in the USA the entire game in one of the most epic smackdowns in recent memory.

But they also lost the week before to the Cougs. So I have no idea which team shows up against ASU...but you better hope it's not the one from last week. ASU won't survive.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU -12.5

You know why I find this number interesting? Because it's empirical proof that the logic "anything can happen in a rivalry game" is false. You see, if you believe the above statement, you then attribute a 50-50 probability to the outcome of the game. An economist would look at this scenario and say, that's an arbitrage opportunity and that any savvy individual would bet the house on Arizona to cover and more times than not they'll win and quickly grow rich. We know that's not the case however because we rarely see this happen. Therefore the fact must remain that their are favorites in rivalry games and underdogs.. Or we'd all be rich.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know why I find this number interesting? Because it's empirical proof that the logic "anything can happen in a rivalry game" is false. You see, if you believe the above statement, you then attribute a 50-50 probability to the outcome of the game. An economist would look at this scenario and say, that's an arbitrage opportunity and that any savvy individual would bet the house on Arizona to cover and more times than not they'll win and quickly grow rich. We know that's not the case however because we rarely see this happen. Therefore the fact must remain that their are favorites in rivalry games and underdogs.. Or we'd all be rich.

Do you want to know what the line for the Oregon game was?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want to know what the line for the Oregon game was?

No THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT CAN YOU TELL ME IF DENKER WAS A WHITE MICHAEL VICK VS OREGON?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT CAN YOU TELL ME IF DENKER WAS A WHITE MICHAEL VICK VS OREGON?

Denker has been a white Mike Vick his whole life son. Minus the dogs.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though watch out for Jalaene Strong the kid is an NFL wr. Projected 1st rounder in 2015. Has all the tools to do it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hahaha you're still on this?! Move on bro! You're trying waaaaaaay too hard to sound intelligent in your comment. Did you just learn that in your freshman Econ class today? That's cute, I remember those days too. You obviously haven't watched enough rivalry games, especially the last few, or else you wouldn't be saying this.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clean, fresh update on Grice anybody? I do not trust DJ to take the helm.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clean, fresh update on Grice anybody? I do not trust DJ to take the helm.

DJ will have a big game Fork. I trust DJ more than Deantre Lewis. I trust DJ more than any other Wr on our team when it comes to catching the football, yes even more than Strong, I mean I think DJ has like 1-2 drop passes this season he has reliable hands. DJ is the most versatile player on our team, and isn't used enough.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha you're still on this?! Move on bro! You're trying waaaaaaay too hard to sound intelligent in your comment. Did you just learn that in your freshman Econ class today? That's cute, I remember those days too. You obviously haven't watched enough rivalry games, especially the last few, or else you wouldn't be saying this.

Its true WhoDat even though ASU is the better team especially at home. Anything can happen. But gone are the days of Stoops and Erickson, no more stupid penalties, no more stupid errors, the better team on the field should win. Graham and Rodriguez are much better coaches.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Am I trying too hard to sound intelligent or are you trying too hard to understand it? Freshman year was a long time ago. If you want to argue with simple math be my guest. It's rivalry week, bet every underdog and see if you do better than 50-50 (minus the greese). Maybe you will, but then why are there places like Las Vegas?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WhoDat... Predictors are less relevant when it comes to rivalry games, because of the heightened emotional states of 18-22 year olds. Weird things happen when adrenaline levels are increased. The reason why statements like "anything goes in rivalries" prove to be true more often than not is because there is factual evidence to back them up. (ie: look at the last 5 years of the Territorial Cup and see how many of those games were won by the underdog)

For instance, asu sports get a lot of grief for their lower academic standards. This statement can be backed up by the fact that the asu football team is 11th in the pac12 at placing players on the All-Conference academic team. (UofA is 3rd)... which again is a fact that can be used to back up the statement: "you don't have to be smart to play good football".

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WhoDat... Predictors are less relevant when it comes to rivalry games, because of the heightened emotional states of 18-22 year olds. Weird things happen when adrenaline levels are increased. The reason why statements like "anything goes in rivalries" prove to be true more often than not is because there is factual evidence to back them up. (ie: look at the last 5 years of the Territorial Cup and see how many of those games were won by the underdog)

For instance, asu sports get a lot of grief for their lower academic standards. This statement can be backed up by the fact that the asu football team is 11th in the pac12 at placing players on the All-Conference academic team. (UofA is 3rd)... which again is a fact that can be used to back up the statement: "you don't have to be smart to play good football".

Jeff Van Raphorst use to choke vs Uofa. Willie Tuitama and his garbage performances vs Asu. Its all adrenaline, pressure, and emotions.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Graham has taken over the football teams GPA has increased and the number of missed classes has dropped significantly from the football team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Van Raphorst use to choke vs Uofa. Willie Tuitama and his garbage performances vs Asu. Its all adrenaline, pressure, and emotions.

Willie T!!!! One of my favorite cats of all time! He led us to a victory against BYU in the Vegas bowl. It was freezing cold there too; it even snowed.