• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Territorial Cup Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And choose your favorite rivalry gif or meme......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited by a moderator:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEAR DOWN!!! We all know everything goes out the window so far as resumes and records leading up to this one. Beating the Ducks salvaged the season for Rich Rod but this would be a big cherry on top.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carey were to come back next year he'll have a chance to be the PACs all time leading rusher.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgmEFAMlv6U]Duel In The Desert - UA vs. ASU Rivalry - YouTube[/ame]

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The perception is that Arizona is a basketball school, asu is a football school... and while you cannot deny that the sundevils have had more successful seasons than Arizona, the fact remains that this rivalry game couldn't be more even. Regardless of which team has the better record going in, this game is all about upsets. More often than not the underdog has won.

Sure, the Cats' fans will talk about leading the all time series, devils fans will talk about how they don't count records as the Owls/Bulldogs. Regardless of semantics, in the modern era, since the two teams joined the Pacific12 (10) the results are a lot more even than the "football school" fans would have you believe:

Since Joining the Pac:
UofA:19-16-1
Asu:16-19-1

Last 20 years:
UOfA:10-10
Asu:10-10

Last 10 years:
Asu:6-4
UofA:4-6

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC 8 to Pac10

The perception is that Arizona is a basketball school, asu is a football school... and while you cannot deny that the sundevils have had more successful seasons than Arizona, the fact remains that this rivalry game couldn't be more even. Regardless of which team has the better record going in, this game is all about upsets. More often than not the underdog has won.

Sure, the Cats' fans will talk about leading the all time series, devils fans will talk about how they don't count records as the Owls/Bulldogs. Regardless of semantics, in the modern era, since the two teams joined the Pacific12 (10) the results are a lot more even than the "football school" fans would have you believe:

Since Joining the Pac:
UofA:19-16-1
Asu:16-19-1

Last 20 years:
UOfA:10-10
Asu:10-10

Last 10 years:
Asu:6-4
UofA:4-6

I am curious what you have to say about the Devils domination in the WAC? I wonder if AU was there how we would stack up? Pre 1978 days......

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious what you have to say about the Devils domination in the WAC? I wonder if AU was there how we would stack up? Pre 1978 days......

I had to check on that....excuse me UofA was in WAC 62-77' (forgot) LOL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, exactly the response I expected from you. I comment about how close the rivalry has been since the two teams joined the Pac, in the modern era for the two Universities, and rather than comment on that you choose to talk about the WAC.

Well... me personally, i was born in 1975. I was one year old when asu and Arizona played their last WAC games. I have no idea what that era was like.

...and ...thank you for reiterating my point:

UofA fan says: "We owned you when you were the Owls!"
Asu fan says: "We don't count all of those games and we owned you in the WAC!"

Asu fan says: "How did those 1970s taste Rats! 8-2! Suck it bitches!!!"
UofA fan says: "How did those 1980s taste asWho! 8-2! Suck it bitches!!!"

... rather than stoop to that level, I instead am choosing to point out how close the rivalry has been in the modern era. If you would like to change the script and have a conversation rather than just talk junk back and forth then by all means, feel free to contribute.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, exactly the response I expected from you. I comment about how close the rivalry has been since the two teams joined the Pac, in the modern era for the two Universities, and rather than comment on that you choose to talk about the WAC.

Well... me personally, i was born in 1975. I was one year old when asu and Arizona played their last WAC games. I have no idea what that era was like.

...and ...thank you for reiterating my point:

UofA fan says: "We owned you when you were the Owls!"
Asu fan says: "We don't count all of those games and we owned you in the WAC!"

Asu fan says: "How did those 1970s taste Rats! 8-2! Suck it bitches!!!"
UofA fan says: "How did those 1980s taste asWho! 8-2! Suck it bitches!!!"

... rather than stoop to that level, I instead am choosing to point out how close the rivalry has been in the modern era. If you would like to change the script and have a conversation rather than just talk junk back and forth then by all means, feel free to contribute.

gumby, I was reading and typing really fast. Calm down, I mean beardown.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gumby, I was reading and typing really fast. Calm down, I mean beardown.

As always, I am as calm as can be. I am not a reactionary person, I am a contemplative person.

Take time to think and use your words Fork.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carey is going to Orlando as a Doak Walker finalist! (He should of have won it last year!)