• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steak

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ribeye steak

Wash them down, then hammer them up and add Lea and Perrins with Tony Chachere's. Take some plastic ziplock bags, pour the rest of the Lea and Perrins into the bag with chopped green and white onions, celery, and bellpepper. Place steaks in, let set overnight, throw them on the grill next day, cook until well done.

Why spend the money for a ribeye if your going to tenderize (hammer) and marinade it all night? Go buy a damn chuck steak if you want to do all that. Don't take a ribeye and make it into a chopped steak though.

And well done? :L

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ribeye steak

Wash them down, then hammer them up and add Lea and Perrins with Tony Chachere's. Take some plastic ziplock bags, pour the rest of the Lea and Perrins into the bag with chopped green and white onions, celery, and bellpepper. Place steaks in, let set overnight, throw them on the grill next day, cook until well done.

This just fucking irritates me.

I can't sugar-coat it.....shit is criminal.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not enough words in the English language to describe how much I despise Steelboy..lol:happy:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking poor cow gave it's life for that kind of crap. Somebody call PETA!!!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On tonite's menu...

Australian lamb chops marinated overnight in French's yellow mustard salt and pepper...cook till medium rare.

I like mine with mint apple jelly. I can eat 6 of em. To each his own form there.

What's so special bout Australian lambs? You just like em down under don't ya?
:flock: :hdn:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
salt and pepper.

Heat the grill up as hot as you can for a good seer. After about 1:30 seconds, turn 90 degrees for that crossing pattern that makes it look good. Yes, looking good helps with the whole experience. Let it seer for another 1:30 seconds.

Flip the steak and let it seer for 2 minutes on the other side. Don't need to worry about looks on that side, it ain't getting flipped again. After 2 minutes, move to indirect heat to finish up. Usually about 8-10 minutes.

Always let mine sit for about 10 minutes after cooking.

Usually cook ribeye. I'm not a big fan of bones, so although I can chow down on a T-bone, I tend to avoid them. I'd rather just get a ribeye and a New York strip than go T-bone.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and I use gas grill, and you charcoal snobs can piss off. If you want to taste your charcoal, then be my guest, but I'm so sick of people who think it adds to the flavor to the point that gas is somehow bad. It's bullshit, I like the taste of steak, not charcoal. If I wanted to taste something other than steak, I'd marinate it and all that other silly shit. I could also easily get a smoke box if I wanted extra flavors, but I like steak.

I'll take gas over charcoal every time. I have way more control over the heat and controlling direct and indirect heat. I get to cook much faster because I'm not having to heat up charcoals and wait for them to get the right temperature. I don't have a bunch of charcoals to throw away, and I don't have to keep on buying charcoal all the time.

I grill everyday usually twice a day, I don't see how anyone can be a serious griller with charcoal.

Worcestershire sauce is for hamburgers, never for steak.

Alec8100

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking sounds good....I sure will must be try this at home...i also found one this type of nice recipe from home weekly magazine.I sure will must be next time post here...Thanks for sharing this...

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking sounds good....I sure will must be try this at home...i also found one this type of nice recipe from home weekly magazine.I sure will must be next time post here...Thanks for sharing this...

:wtf:

ENGRISH please.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you guys go and yes it works.

[YOUTUBE]5-9NgOZuUXM[/YOUTUBE]

Gatorlick

But why is the rum gone?!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try black truffled salt and cracked pepper, doused and rubbed with sherry. Cook to preffered temp, but I prefer doing it Pittsburgh rare.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stumbled across this page.

For me, Lee and Perrin's, fresh garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper rub for a few hours.

Medium Rare for me, Medium for the Mrs. (I talked her down from well done. Still shaking my head over that one.)

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alec Sober:

I've seen some good ideas, I will try this at home....thanks for sharing

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking sounds good....I sure will must be try this at home...i also found one this type of nice recipe from home weekly magazine.I sure will must be next time post here...Thanks for sharing this...would you like cheap authentic jerseys?

:fify:

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure let's specify and have a thread dedicated solely to steak. What are some good marinades, what cut do you guys use, how do you prepare/cook it? I'm a novice griller but I would like to start practicing this summer.

From a marinade perspective, less is better in some cases... but I did find a brand out of Birmingham, AL called Dale's that I literally pour over some nice fat New York Strips and let sit for about 1 hour.... that is all they need and the taste is incredible. Every time we have people over and cook them with that marinade (which is very salty) they rave about it... (I know Walmart here sells it).

Also, let the steaks sit out at room temperature while marinating... it lets them warm up a bit so you don't end up with overdone outside and dry them out trying to cook the inside (or end up too rare in the middle).

Lay them out on Med-High heat... only flip them once. It takes practice, but it is worth it. 1st side will take longer than the 2nd...

Also keep in mind the steak keeps cooking once you take it off.... so always take it off before you get to temperature.

While learning I recommend getting some of those little temp probes from Home Depot or Lowes you stick in the side of the meat and you can see as it approaches your temp...well worth the investment as you learn and they only cost a few dollars.

I am a rare to medium rare kind of guy... and you have the watch them carefully. Nothing worse than medium or medium well grey dry steak...