• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soooo.....Michigan State

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably does belong here. He was allowed back in after a team vote. I have no issue with him being allowed back by a team vote because those are the people he is going to war with. If I were coach though it would have to be a damn near unanimous vote for me to allow him back though. After the completely fuck storm that locker room was in 2016, I don’t want one iota of that back for 18.
I just can't believe people in this day and age actually use that word like that.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't believe people in this day and age actually use that word like that.
Read a rumor that one of the guys was nailing his girlfriend behind his back but he absolutely needed to be given the boot from the program. I’m very leery about having him back with the team at this point.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a rumor that one of the guys was nailing his girlfriend behind his back but he absolutely needed to be given the boot from the program. I’m very leery about having him back with the team at this point.
I'm not sure how the majority of black athletes could ever trust or forgive a guy who just blatantly uses that word in that way.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how the majority of black athletes could ever trust or forgive a guy who just blatantly uses that word in that way.
If I was Dantonio and I was leaving it to a vote; you have 100 or so players, he gets three players say no, sucks to be you man, but I can’t let you back.

He dug his own grave and there will be animosity between him and the AA players because they know how his mind works.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And their per person payout should be significantly larger than PSU because of the amount of cover up/enabling and the volume that were allowed to be abused through the lack of action and protection.
There goes the endowment...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There goes the endowment...
Good, this incompetence needs to be a lesson for the rest of the college world to not allow or enable this shit to happen.
4d3020006e06ac8a0fc0a13c49815b64--zero-funny-pics.jpg

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

If ever a school needed to be blown up from the top down and started over, it really feels like this is it.

I mean you had to work really really hard to come off worse than the PSU scandals so props for winning at something in the B1G, but holy shit. Can we go a month without reading something seriously stupid from this institution? :noidea:
You ever notice what’s going on in the glasses of my Avy?

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA: MSU did not commit violations regarding Nassar or ESPN allegations

I’m glad they said that Michigan State did nothing wrong in terms of the ESPN Outside the Lines “report”, but it’s tarnished by them saying that MSU did nothing wrong with Nassar. MSU absolutely was in the wrong repeatedly. Just shows that Title IX is a farce.
How farcical Title IX is is really a function of the personnel in the Education Department that are charged with enforcing it.

That said, all people connected with Michigan State, Gymnastics, athletics, and basically with humanity in any way, should be horrified by what happened with regards to Larry Nassar. And I am certain that they are.

But in the wake of what happened at Penn State, the NCAA's lack of will to get involved with the Michigan State situation sends a clear message that so long as the children being diddled by an adult are girls, the diddling of children is not worth being troubled over.

That, to me, is beyond disgusting. Even if there is no place for NCAA sanctions, they should be very clear that the situation is unacceptable.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How farcical Title IX is is really a function of the personnel in the Education Department that are charged with enforcing it.

That said, all people connected with Michigan State, Gymnastics, athletics, and basically with humanity in any way, should be horrified by what happened with regards to Larry Nassar. And I am certain that they are.

But in the wake of what happened at Penn State, the NCAA's lack of will to get involved with the Michigan State situation sends a clear message that so long as the children being diddled by an adult are girls, the diddling of children is not worth being troubled over.

That, to me, is beyond disgusting. Even if there is no place for NCAA sanctions, they should be very clear that the situation is unacceptable.
Former MSU gymnastics coach turns herself in on charges of lying to police in Nassar case
giphy.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god. How could a human being live with him/herself harboring such a monster? (Especially a coach - it just boggles the mind.)
While I agree the NCAA has no place to sanction because this is a criminal matter, no NCAA rules were broken just like the Penn State one, but there absolutely was a Title IX infraction but as far as I know, there has never been a punishment based on Title IX.

The previous Presidents and ADs are scum for doing nothing. They made recommendations to require another person to be in the room while he does examinations and they did nothing to follow through with that. If you think you need to do that, you should just terminate the person’s contract/fire them.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree the NCAA has no place to sanction because this is a criminal matter, no NCAA rules were broken just like the Penn State one, but there absolutely was a Title IX infraction but as far as I know, there has never been a punishment based on Title IX.
What happened at Penn State was also a Title IX issue.