• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan admits football doctor sexually assaulted student-athletes

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is going on in the Big Ten? Adding to...

- Jerry Sandusky at Penn State
- Dr. Larry Nassar at Michigan State
- Dr. Richard Strauss at Ohio State

...there is now Dr. Robert Anderson at Michigan:

Newsweek: "University of Michigan Admits Football Doctor Sexually Assaulted Students, But Says Victims Have No Standing to Sue School"

Michigan Live: "University of Michigan Admits to Sexual Abuse by Athletic Doctor, Seeks to Have Lawsuit Dismissed"

Newsweek said:
Investigations into the behavior of Dr. Robert Anderson began after Athletic Director Warde Manuel received a letter from a former UM wrestler alleging sexual misconduct by Anderson, who died in 2008. Over 100 complaints have been filed against the school in relation to Anderson's behavior, resulting in approximately 40 lawsuits filed against the school in federal court.

Newsweek said:
While the school acknowledged the "sad reality that some of its students suffered sexual abuse at the hands of one of its former employees," UM also said the plaintiffs waited too long to file suit.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The accused, Dr. Robert Anderson:

C7KAK3ZWCJALFAHBVULLN3T5HY.jpg

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s already a pretty long thread on this. The biggest development is UM basically saying yeah they think it happened.

And they did wait too long. The dude is dead. Most of the dudes in the AD at the time, dead.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but don't you know how hard it is to get into michigan?! They're basically Harvard!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but don't you know how hard it is to get into michigan?! They're basically Harvard!

Yeah, but there seems to be more fingering in the B1G than any other conference in the nation

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s already a pretty long thread on this.

Link? Before posting, I used both the search bar and Google to look for a Robert Anderson thread on the Hoop, and no such thread popped up.

Last edited:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an athlete to athlete thing, kids are stupid and thus do stupid things, those athletes have been let go for a long time now. Michigans was from an authority figure that the athletes were to trust. Michigans is closer to Sandusky than Nebraska.
Downplaying much? Also, semantics. This is bad,

"Nebraska “fostered a culture in which female victims are discouraged from reporting sexual assaults, sexual harassments, stalking and other forms of gender discrimination when those acts are perpetrated by male student-athletes in order to protect UNL, the male athletics programs, male student-athletes and the NCAA, at the expense of female victims.”"

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor leadership 20+ years ago. What do you want today?

They admitted it.

It was disgusting and a black eye. I would hope it could not happen today. But I don't get overly concerned about issues that happen when the current students at Michigan were not even born.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone is claiming that, then they are exaggerating a lot.

Michigan's acceptance rate is 23%.

Harvard's acceptance rate is 5%.

Michigan has a bigger problem that nobody in the state talks about. They take a large amount of foreign students. They pay the full rate no aid and they get charged out-of-state tuition.

Every year eligible students from the state get turned away because of the number of F1 applicants admitted. I consider this slimy to state of Michigan lids.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link? Before posting, I used both the search bar and Google to look for a Robert Anderson thread on the Hoop, and no such thread popped up.
I can't find it, don't remember the title and the search on this site sucks. But it would have been like two+ months ago when the news broke about this guy.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Downplaying much? Also, semantics. This is bad,

"Nebraska “fostered a culture in which female victims are discouraged from reporting sexual assaults, sexual harassments, stalking and other forms of gender discrimination when those acts are perpetrated by male student-athletes in order to protect UNL, the male athletics programs, male student-athletes and the NCAA, at the expense of female victims.”"

I'm not the one downplaying, you want a mirror? Michigans case is of an authority figure diddling kids and yet you think it is comparable to an athletes sexual assault on another athlete. That's rich.

As for the quote... I assume there is evidence to support such a claim, right? Oh that part isn't included in the article... aww shucks.

Meanwhile Michigan receives over 100 compliants on ONE guy and you're all like...
giphy.gif

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the one downplaying, you want a mirror? Michigans case is of an authority figure diddling kids and yet you think it is comparable to an athletes sexual assault on another athlete. That's rich.

As for the quote... I assume there is evidence to support such a claim, right? Oh that part isn't included in the article... aww shucks.

Meanwhile Michigan receives over 100 compliants on ONE guy and you're all like...
giphy.gif
Allowing a r*pe culture is pretty much as bad as having someone in authority secretly doing the raping. Both are horrible. I'm not arguing what happened here wasn't ridiculously gross. I'm just saying, coming from a school currently being sued and investigated for allowing rapes to happen by athletes, it's a bit ironic.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should move this over to the Political Forum and have a little discussion about public ejukashun fakeltee and gov't employees in general?

:whistle:

nah