• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan being investigated

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
billie-eilish-oscars-01.jpg

They didn't introduce the standard 12 games a season until 2006...which was like, 40 years after Joe Pa been coaching.

Not sure if you know this bro...but Joe Pa has been dead for eight years now.

Win % only works in a quantity sense, because that'd be implying a person like Eliah Drinkwitz is top tier in football. When you go down on a quality sense then it would be averaging wins per year, plus with the context of that era.

He also has fewer natties, less COY, below .500 in bowl games, finished in the Top Ten only 5 times compared to Joe Pa's 22, etc.
Win % is pretty outdated bud. Pick better metrics.

Any list that has Jimbo Fisher & Chris Peterson that high is irrelevant and not worth anyone's time (not even Bowden is on that list, pathetic.) Come on bud, include 200+ wins, because that gap closes in an instant, Joe Pa #6 all time. 300+ Wins? Ranked #2 all-time. Gimme a break.

I tested this out today at my workplace, I asked a fellow friend who has moderate knowledge on football of what was the first thing he thought about Joe Pa, and he said to me about Joe Pa was that he was a Penn State coach with lots of wins. Believe it or not but I don't remember any discussion about Joe Pa that people immediately bring up the scandal in about 3-4 years, at least, not when that scandal was the actual subject.
You really only think of it because you know UM really has nothing on PSU these days, so you might as well do childish insults.

Blah blah blah. There's multiple other scandals in NCAA History that were bigger to the corporation. MSU abuse, SMU, Basketball Corruption, UNC athletic-academic, etc.
Keep weeping.
:pound::pound::pound:
I don’t even have to respond to the rest. You literally have to make up stories to try and make a point. Keep telling yourself anyone outside of PSU thinks about Paterno and coaching, while the only headlines he made the last decade plus of his coaching career was the Pedo Scandal. Priceless.
:pound::pound::pound:

And you can continue to point fingers at other scandals — cheating in school, paying players, a doctor for the volleyball team — but Penn State is at the top of the list for egregious and disgusting manner of which it occurred. One of their own coaches was using the football facility to ****** underage boys.
It is, and always will be, the absolute worst scandal in CFB history, unless another coach tops him, which will be extremely tough to do, as Paterno turned a blind eye and literally gave him a key with a lifetime access to the football facilities. Paterno got off easy by dying.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'd have to remove his post 2000 numbers to make a case. But then that would take away 2 of his 3 conference titles.

Even doing that, he'd still be behind Urban, Saban, Bear Bryant, Osborne, Wilkinson, Leahy etc. and those are just guys post AP poll era.

He is delusional and wants to cherry pick stats to make Paterno sound like the best ever.
If Paterno would have retired about 20 years earlier — I’d agree. 2 titles in 46 years? There are 16 coaches with more national titles and they all coached much less than Paterno.

It sucks for PSU fans, but his legacy is the pedo scandal at PSU. No one outside the school or that state is going to think of Paterno as anything other than the guy who hired the pedo, ignored the warnings and then gave him a key and full access to use the football buildings to m.olest underage boys.

ANYTHING ELSE and it’d be forgotten. If PSU had paid players, or steroids, or cheating........it’d pass. No chance with it being about the absolute worst crime possible, will it be forgotten. Ever.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those PSU die-hards would be in the 84% as well, sorry if it didn't come across that clear

The first semi-positive thing I hear you say to me.

If claims like O'Dea saw abuse when he wasn't even at PSU at that time, you'd realize how BS some of these accusations were.

No, y'all simply don't know what you mean with "Joe Knew" like he covered up abuse, when he never did. Yes he could've done more but I'm assuming a whole lot of you don't work in a business setting, sometimes the only thing we feel we need to do is simply report it and hope for the better.

I wonder why people in West Virginia aren't over it though.

1) ok

2) stop acting like the other PSU fans around me in this state and ya may hear more

3) an assistant coach saw it, nope some person that wasn’t working there

4) he did the minimal he could, that’s why he is getting flack considering he was revered as some ethical and moral being. You know exactly what I mean, you just refuse to admit it

5) People and West Virginia largely don’t care I imagine. I’m not in WV, I’m in PA and still all around people fans aren’t over defending Joe. You clearly fit in that.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you can continue to point fingers at other scandals — cheating in school, paying players, a doctor for the volleyball team — but Penn State is at the top of the list for egregious and disgusting manner of which it occurred.
Uh not really. It terms of disgusting, Nassar is more of a scumbag than Sandusky. In terms of how huge it was, PSU was smaller than shit like the Basketball Corruption scandal 2-3 years ago.
as Paterno turned a blind eye and literally gave him a key with a lifetime access to the football facilities.
7254806-not%20funny.jpg

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) stop acting like the other PSU fans around me in this state and ya may hear more
It's against my religion.
3) an assistant coach saw it, nope some person that wasn’t working there
O'Dea was an assistant coach and that person claimed he saw it in 1988. O'Dea was not in PSU in 1988.
4) he did the minimal he could, that’s why he is getting flack considering he was revered as some ethical and moral being. You know exactly what I mean, you just refuse to admit it
He did protocol, but ok. If any high ups should get flack it's Curley, Spanier, & Graham since they literally talk about it and refused to report it to police.
I mean we could do a psychology class saying why we only do what protocol "says" and not to morally better things.
5) People and West Virginia largely don’t care I imagine. I’m not in WV, I’m in PA and still all around people fans aren’t over defending Joe. You clearly fit in that.
Pfft I didn't even come on here with the intention of defending Joe, I came to poke out irony. And whattaya know, UM fans didn't like to be in the same boat so they resort to eight-year-old debunked lies and insults. Whatever. But yeah, I'm over it mostly. If you see me talking about it, it's someone else that brought it up.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's against my religion.

O'Dea was an assistant coach and that person claimed he saw it in 1988. O'Dea was not in PSU in 1988.

He did protocol, but ok. If any high ups should get flack it's Curley, Spanier, & Graham since they literally talk about it and refused to report it to police.
I mean we could do a psychology class saying why we only do what protocol "says" and not to morally better things.

Pfft I didn't even come on here with the intention of defending Joe, I came to poke out irony. And whattaya know, UM fans didn't like to be in the same boat so they resort to eight-year-old debunked lies and insults. Whatever. But yeah, I'm over it mostly. If you see me talking about it, it's someone else that brought it up.

1) I believe you

2) why are you focused on ODea? Mcquary said he saw it. Said he reported it. UNDER OATH

3) congrats on making a point for defending the minimum. Paterno was revered for doing it the right way. He didn’t practice what he preached. I do agree Curley and Spanier deserve lots of flack too.

4) ok

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
billie-eilish-oscars-01.jpg

They didn't introduce the standard 12 games a season until 2006...which was like, 40 years after Joe Pa been coaching.

Not sure if you know this bro...but Joe Pa has been dead for eight years now.

Win % only works in a quantity sense, because that'd be implying a person like Eliah Drinkwitz is top tier in football. When you go down on a quality sense then it would be averaging wins per year, plus with the context of that era.

He also has fewer natties, less COY, below .500 in bowl games, finished in the Top Ten only 5 times compared to Joe Pa's 22, etc.
Win % is pretty outdated bud. Pick better metrics.

Any list that has Jimbo Fisher & Chris Peterson that high is irrelevant and not worth anyone's time (not even Bowden is on that list, pathetic.) Come on bud, include 200+ wins, because that gap closes in an instant, Joe Pa #6 all time. 300+ Wins? Ranked #2 all-time. Gimme a break.

I tested this out today at my workplace, I asked a fellow friend who has moderate knowledge on football of what was the first thing he thought about Joe Pa, and he said to me about Joe Pa was that he was a Penn State coach with lots of wins. Believe it or not but I don't remember any discussion about Joe Pa that people immediately bring up the scandal in about 3-4 years, at least, not when that scandal was the actual subject.
You really only think of it because you know UM really has nothing on PSU these days, so you might as well do childish insults.

Blah blah blah. There's multiple other scandals in NCAA History that were bigger to the corporation. MSU abuse, SMU, Basketball Corruption, UNC athletic-academic, etc.
Keep weeping.
Only going to talk about Coach of the Year, because that is such a joke.

Ohio State went 40 years between COY awards in the Big 10 - Earle Bruce in 1979, Ryan Day in 2019.

Not John Cooper.
Not Jim Tressel - 1 NC, numerous conference titles (did win National COY once)
Urban Meyer - didn't lose a regular season B1G game in his first 3 seasons, won a NC went to the CFP twice . . .

Here's the formula for winning COY:

Expect to suck.
Suck less then expected.

Ohio State normally fails in step 1. Day won last year because everyone expected the team to drop off and lose 2-3 games.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohio State went 40 years between COY awards in the Big 10 - Earle Bruce in 1979, Ryan Day in 2019.

Not John Cooper.
Urban Meyer - didn't lose a regular season B1G game in his first 3 seasons, won a NC went to the CFP twice . . .

Expect to suck.
Suck less then expected.

Ohio State normally fails in step 1. Day won last year because everyone expected the team to drop off and lose 2-3 games.
So you're telling me there's a chance?

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not John Cooper.

Expect to suck.
Suck less then expected.

And what am I suppose to take away from here...that if you are named Coach of the Year...then that doesn't mean you're a good coach?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this thread is proving anything, it's that PSU fans are still the worst.