• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soooo.....Michigan State

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone is aware of the Larry Nassar case at this point, but the response from the Michigan State leadership, and athletic department, has been insane.

And just this morning it's being reported that the NCAA is now going to look into the MSU athletic department's handling of the case and the failures of their administration (the same thing they did to PSU football in light of the Sandusky case).
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...8/01/23/joel-ferguson-larry-nassar/109738386/

And while the MSU administration has been saying just outright bonkers things, the MSU fan base, alumni and faculty seem to want the Administration to be held accountable (good on them).

I'm not sure what board this belongs on because it spans a number of different things. But with the NCAA case now up, it could seriously impact the entire MSU athletic department.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised this is the first thread, that i have seen at least, mentioning this.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised this is the first thread, that i have seen at least, mentioning this.
I was too. I didn't think it was appropriate here until the NCAA investigation was announced this morning.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve said it in another thread but the president should step down, she should be arrested and thrown in jail for a long time. Any member of the university or doctor that were told about this and did nothing, need to be arrested. I welcome the investigation because there needs to be a cleaning of the house of all the disgusting individuals who allowed this to happen for two decades.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve said it in another thread but the president should step down, she should be arrested and thrown in jail for a long time. Any member of the university or doctor that were told about this and did nothing, need to be arrested. I welcome the investigation because there needs to be a cleaning of the house of all the disgusting individuals who allowed this to happen for two decades.

Agree 1000% — the bizarre part of it all is......everyone else is cleaning house that Nassar had anything to do with. USA Gymnastics, USOC, Karolyi Ranch — heads have rolled everywhere and with the Karolyi Ranch, built to handle the elite Olympic Gymnasts, no longer being associated at all with the team.

MSU though is going about this horribly. When the board of trustees makes a statement backing the president of the college — something is SERIOUSLY wrong. The president should have been the first person to lose their job as MSU employed Nassar for 20+ years. Then you have Tom Izzo backing the president too. It is mind blowing. If Simon keeps her job at MSU after this — it will be an absolute joke.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's shocking to me is how the MSU board is handling this and almost laughing in the face of the allegations. WTF are they thinking?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started to make a post on this yesterday but I didn’t want to deprive a Michigan fan a little happiness in the month of January...:dhd:

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw, @MAIZEandBLUE09... You should have used an alt or had someone other than an UM fan post this thread for you. It's a topic worthy of discussion, but to have it created by a BigBlueBeliever opens the thread to nanner nanner boo boo posts out the whazoo.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started to make a post on this yesterday but I didn’t want to deprive a Michigan fan a little happiness in the month of January...:dhd:
This doesn't make me happy. One thing Michigan and Michigan State fans have in common is that we vote these board members that control our major universities into office. I'm more shocked that in light of HUNDREDS of women coming forward with these allegations, and DetNews articles finding evidence that FOURTEEN MSU staff/admins were told about these allegations over the past 20 years, that this is their response. I can't wait to vote some of these borderline criminals out of their positions.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw, @MAIZEandBLUE09... You should have used an alt or had someone other than an UM fan post this thread for you. It's a topic worthy of discussion, but to have it created by a BigBlueBeliever opens the thread to nanner nanner boo boo posts out the whazoo.
Nah, as I stated in my post -- MSU fans/alumni/students/faculty have all come out against their admin/president. It seems like everyone is on the same side here, except the president and board at MSU.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 1000% — the bizarre part of it all is......everyone else is cleaning house that Nassar had anything to do with. USA Gymnastics, USOC, Karolyi Ranch — heads have rolled everywhere and with the Karolyi Ranch, built to handle the elite Olympic Gymnasts, no longer being associated at all with the team.

MSU though is going about this horribly. When the board of trustees makes a statement backing the president of the college — something is SERIOUSLY wrong. The president should have been the first person to lose their job as MSU employed Nassar for 20+ years. Then you have Tom Izzo backing the president too. It is mind blowing. If Simon keeps her job at MSU after this — it will be an absolute joke.
What's shocking to me is how the MSU board is handling this and almost laughing in the face of the allegations. WTF are they thinking?
I can’t imagine MSU handling this any worse than they already have. Sending a fucking bill for a visit where a victim was assaulted AFTER this all started is reprehensible and someone needs to lose their job for that. Nothing that is said now is going to mitigate the lawsuits that will deservingly come in for this heinous crime. What Nassar has done is absolutely horrible, what the university is doing might be worse. Something is wrong in Nassar’s brain that allowed him to believe what he was doing is ok. You have multiple people and lawyers handling this cluster fuck in East Lansing as bad as they possibly can.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't make me happy. One thing Michigan and Michigan State fans have in common is that we vote these board members that control our major universities into office. I'm more shocked that in light of HUNDREDS of women coming forward with these allegations, and DetNews articles finding evidence that FOURTEEN MSU staff/admins were told about these allegations over the past 20 years, that this is their response. I can't wait to vote some of these borderline criminals out of their positions.
They are not borderline criminals. They are worse than the Penn State Sandusky enablers.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU's Pres should fall on the sword. The BOD should be swept clean. Budget set asides for legal matters should be bumped up. Hard times ahead in East Lansing.

However, we will see what unfolds. Will those who "captained the watch" behave honorably? Or, will they laywer up and negotiate puffy parachutes for their exits?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He brought it up in a respectful manner and did not attack MSU players and/or fans on this. I have no problems with how this thread was created.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like combining Baylor and Penn State.
These guys are so fucked.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t imagine MSU handling this any worse than they already have. Sending a fucking bill for a visit where a victim was assaulted AFTER this all started is reprehensible and someone needs to lose their job for that. Nothing that is said now is going to mitigate the lawsuits that will deservingly come in for this heinous crime. What Nassar has done is absolutely horrible, what the university is doing might be worse. Something is wrong in Nassar’s brain that allowed him to believe what he was doing is ok. You have multiple people and lawyers handling this cluster fuck in East Lansing as bad as they possibly can.

It is wild — I thought MSU would simply wipe the slate clean and start over from the top on down? Instead, they have high profile coaches like Izzo making statements backing the president?!?

The fact Simon was at MSU for the entire 20 years Nassar was employed by the university should automatically get her fired. And if she wanted to save face — step down from the position. This is a whole lot of bad press MSU does not need right now. Thankfully for MSU football, Dantonio isn’t following Izzo’s stupidity.

I hope the board at MSU gets their head out of their asses and wipe out anyone at the top employed during this atrocity. I don’t see why they wouldn’t? Simon literally has victims calling her out on the stand for allowing it to continue — it is almost as if Simon has something over the head of anyone who could make her lose her job or something?

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He brought it up in a respectful manner and did not attack MSU players and/or fans on this. I have no problems with how this thread was created.

Admittedly, I was :boink:@MAIZEandBLUE09. Of all the Angry Weasels fans in all the Hoop, he has to post this thread... There, I did it again! :L

Plainly speaking, I give @MAIZEandBLUE09 a very high homer score. That's a compliment. If someone put forth a motion to let a Michigan Man speak, I'd second his nomination.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This isn’t a Michigan/Michigan State argument and the fans, alumni, athletes, etc. at MSU had nothing to do with what happened.

This is simply about the administration turning a blind eye to reports and complaints regarding Nassar and the higher ups continuing to give Nassar a platform for 20+ years to ****** unsuspecting girls.

If you read up on the topic — other than Tom Izzo and the board of trustees at MSU — the overwhelming majority of MSU faithful are sickened by the actions of the school and want to see them held completely accountable.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get it. One by one they just keep releasing worse and worse statements. In today's day and age, how is this happening? Hasn't some PR or HR person stepped in and said "maybe don't say that"? Pretty much every day it's getting worse.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get it. One by one they just keep releasing worse and worse statements. In today's day and age, how is this happening? Hasn't some PR or HR person stepped in and said "maybe don't say that"? Pretty much every day it's getting worse.
I read you. How hasn't the University legal council effectively gagged everyone?