• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer just signed his deal. I think all the Ryan stuff was Jerry trying to keep the Cowboys in the news during the Super Bowl. I'm excited to see how Zimmer uses Micah and if the Cowboys beef up the front 7

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a lackluster first half , the second half and OT were pretty special last night. Our little town had basically shut down to watch and cheer for our very own 49er -,Jordan Mason -,RB and special teams player. I said going in that i was for the Chiefs unless Mason was getting carries. I have to be honest and this may sting for some but its just my opinion - Mahomes is turning into MaGoat. I thought this was the worst KC has been since he arrived. He has a great TE, but his WRs are probably the worst in the league besides the Panthers. It didnt matter though. He answered the bell as usual. Great game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer just signed his deal. I think all the Ryan stuff was Jerry trying to keep the Cowboys in the news during the Super Bowl. I'm excited to see how Zimmer uses Micah and if the Cowboys beef up the front 7
I think it was BS and I think it was Zimmer all along. We all know how Jerry is clueless and hasn't had an original thought in decades and is incapable of critical thinking and just resorts back to what has worked in the past. Ryan called Jerry and Jerry can't help but blow smoke up people's asses and Ryan is an self consumed blowhard who thinks more of himself than anyone else. Jerry probably didn't have the guts to tell Rex he wasn't interested and Rex just assumed they must be because how could anyone not be in his mind. I think it has been Zimmer from the second he agreed to an interview and other than "my guy" Vrabel I think Zimmer was the best choice even if Jerry picked him for the wrong reason. Broken clock en such...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was BS and I think it was Zimmer all along. We all know how Jerry is clueless and hasn't had an original thought in decades and is incapable of critical thinking and just resorts back to what has worked in the past. Ryan called Jerry and Jerry can't help but blow smoke up people's asses and Ryan is an self consumed blowhard who thinks more of himself than anyone else. Jerry probably didn't have the guts to tell Rex he wasn't interested and Rex just assumed they must be because how could anyone not be in his mind. I think it has been Zimmer from the second he agreed to an interview and other than "my guy" Vrabel I think Zimmer was the best choice even if Jerry picked him for the wrong reason. Broken clock en such...
Did not see the fit when it came to Ryan. He was not on my radar. Possibly because he has not coached in forever.

Zimmer now I see the fit. Zimmer does similar things in the secondary that Quinn does. The front seven is going to be much different under Zimmer. Maybe he will teach Sam Williams something. The two FA I want to come back are Hankins and Gilmore. They fit Zimmer's scheme well. Kearse can sign with the Commanders!

Vrabel I just don't know much about as far as fit goes. I thought he did very well as head coach.. that organization did him no favors.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vrabel I just don't know much about as far as fit goes. I thought he did very well as head coach.. that organization did him no favors.
100%
Might be something about this guy that Jerry wouldn't do. Zimmer remains the better choice for this team at this time.

either way...The Circus Continues. cue the music

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a lackluster first half , the second half and OT were pretty special last night. Our little town had basically shut down to watch and cheer for our very own 49er -,Jordan Mason -,RB and special teams player. I said going in that i was for the Chiefs unless Mason was getting carries. I have to be honest and this may sting for some but its just my opinion - Mahomes is turning into MaGoat. I thought this was the worst KC has been since he arrived. He has a great TE, but his WRs are probably the worst in the league besides the Panthers. It didnt matter though. He answered the bell as usual. Great game.
I was one of the ones thinking the Chiefs were going to be one and done. After they beat Buffalo I figured out I was wrong and they would find a way to win it all. They proved you don't need to have a stable of pro bowl receivers to win the trophy.

Give Mahomes credit. He knows how to win when it Matters.

I would never root for the Niners. Not even at gunpoint. Lol

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%
Might be something about this guy that Jerry wouldn't do. Zimmer remains the better choice for this team at this time.

Yep, I really hope Jerry goes all in this off-season. Zimmer is a good coach,but he needs more players for the front 7. Need a stud LB in either the Draft or FA. Preferably a FA.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I really hope Jerry goes all in this off-season. Zimmer is a good coach,but he needs more players for the front 7. Need a stud LB in either the Draft or FA. Preferably a FA.
He kinda has no choice pushing all his chips in. Right? So with that said...Dak gets richer. Right?

just saying. This is a sure thing. Right?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%

They've gone from a 3 ringer and added a 4th!

I do think Zimmer is a good hire. Especially if I couldn't get BB. Zimmer will impose his will.

Whether it is enough or not remains to be seen.

JJ still has a shit load of $$ needing spending if he plans on a better next year than this year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kinda has no choice pushing all his chips in. Right? So with that said...Dak gets richer. Right?

just saying. This is a sure thing. Right?
I believe that All In crap was Jerry's way of trying to pacify Cowboy Nation after the team got crushed by GB in the first round. Later this summer we will heat him babbling about how resigning Dak, Lamb and Micah was going all in, but as far as bringing in more help he will say "Well, you know, we have this pie, and, uh, we just gave Dak a big ass piece, then Micah and Lamb, and now our pie is down to cherries and a piece of crust"

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like and respect coach Zimmer. My big worry is, despite Jerry's big talk, I don't think they will go get guys that fit Zim's system. His system uses bigger front seven players, with a two deep safety look, designed to stop the run first and foremost. In other words, the exact opposite of what we do. I think Jerry will tell him to work magic with what we have

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like and respect coach Zimmer. My big worry is, despite Jerry's big talk, I don't think they will go get guys that fit Zim's system. His system uses bigger front seven players, with a two deep safety look, designed to stop the run first and foremost. In other words, the exact opposite of what we do. I think Jerry will tell him to work magic with what we have
I don't agree. First off don't forget in Minnesota he was HC, not DC. Second, go back and check our 2003 defensive roster when Zimmer took over last time. That team led the NFL in yards against by a large margin and didn't have the players to get as many sacks or turnovers as this team will, in any scheme, just do to physical ability. People get so short-sighted on looking at what a guy did with a particular set of players and thinking they can't do anything else. Every defensive coach would love a set of dominant DTs. Zimmer switched from 4-3 to 3-4 before the defenses became hybrids. That's a bigger change than dealing with some players he may inherit and especially when 2 of them were in the running for DPOY and 1 has been a recent All Pro. I don't know if Zimmer will be any good here, but you seem to be looking for reasons to say he won't be. We need LBers that can tackle - you keep talking about how Overshown is going to be great. I think Hankins has another year in him, but we need to add a good DT (maybe it's Mazi but he didn't look like a guy who just needed seasoning, he stunk) and bring back Gilmore and let Kearse go. The same problems we had with Quinn we still have with Zimmer. Hopefully we solve them. I'll stand on my soap box yelling how much better we would have been if we just signed Bobby Wagner two years ago. This defense has to pend talent, what it needs is lunch pail types for early downs. Those are usually out there if you are willing to pay for them and they don't cost all that much.

The Minnesota CBs had the worst man coverage grade in the NFL last year. That won't be the case here. If we have Diggs, Bland and Gilmore in the nickel it will allow for plenty of blitzing and no need to protect them with two deep all of the time, but if you do still go two deep it allows them to be more aggressive ball hawks.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. First off don't forget in Minnesota he was HC, not DC. Second, go back and check our 2003 defensive roster when Zimmer took over last time. That team led the NFL in yards against by a large margin and didn't have the players to get as many sacks or turnovers as this team will, in any scheme, just do to physical ability. People get so short-sighted on looking at what a guy did with a particular set of players and thinking they can't do anything else. Every defensive coach would love a set of dominant DTs. Zimmer switched from 4-3 to 3-4 before the defenses became hybrids. That's a bigger change than dealing with some players he may inherit and especially when 2 of them were in the running for DPOY and 1 has been a recent All Pro. I don't know if Zimmer will be any good here, but you seem to be looking for reasons to say he won't be. We need LBers that can tackle - you keep talking about how Overshown is going to be great. I think Hankins has another year in him, but we need to add a good DT (maybe it's Mazi but he didn't look like a guy who just needed seasoning, he stunk) and bring back Gilmore and let Kearse go. The same problems we had with Quinn we still have with Zimmer. Hopefully we solve them. I'll stand on my soap box yelling how much better we would have been if we just signed Bobby Wagner two years ago. This defense has to pend talent, what it needs is lunch pail types for early downs. Those are usually out there if you are willing to pay for them and they don't cost all that much.

The Minnesota CBs had the worst man coverage grade in the NFL last year. That won't be the case here. If we have Diggs, Bland and Gilmore in the nickel it will allow for plenty of blitzing and no need to protect them with two deep all of the time, but if you do still go two deep it allows them to be more aggressive ball hawks.

Yep. Huge difference in talent when comparing 2003;and what Zimmer will have in 2024. In 2003 We had Ellis,Glover, Newman, Roy Williams,coakley,Nguyen and an aging past his prime Woodson. Newman was the only good corner on the team. The rest were scrubs. There were two good players on the DL. The rest sucked

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sedrick Van Pan out of Georgia as well.
This guy is what I would cal a sleeper. He could be a target in round two if he drops.

I just don't see the Cowboys paying Biadz market value. Center is a major issue.

I think JPJ will go before 24. Cowboys probably would have to trade up a few picks if they want JPJ.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is what I would cal a sleeper. He could be a target in round two if he drops.

I just don't see the Cowboys paying Biadz market value. Center is a major issue.

I think JPJ will go before 24. Cowboys probably would have to trade up a few picks if they want JPJ.

Is it worth taking a look at Connor Williams?