• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
inmates can not run the asylum. Country club environment has been the issue much more than not. Perfect hire for this team at this time.
That's cute. Inmates have been running the asylum for most pro franchises in all sports for a while. I agree with what you're saying, I am old school as well, but with Jerry passing out foot massages to Dak and Micah, there's only so much a coach can do. Jerry makes every coach a toothless lion

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cute. Inmates have been running the asylum for most pro franchises in all sports for a while. I agree with what you're saying, I am old school as well, but with Jerry passing out foot massages to Dak and Micah, there's only so much a coach can do. Jerry makes every coach a toothless lion
like I said...perfect hire

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aden Durde is the new Seahawks DC. Big loss IMO
Interesting. I was kind of shocked when we interviewed him for the DC spot here. I didn't expect anyone else was going to hire him. So from last years team we have 2 DCs and a HC all hired off of a disastrous unprepared playoff blowout by our defense and a less than inspiring end to the regular season

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I never had a strong opinion of Durde one way or the other. I liked what I heard but there are so many people involved with the DL in Dallas over the past 3 years that it's hard to know who did what. Very risky hire for a DC IMO. Very little experience and he has never done anything more than what he did here. I know I was worried we were going to hire him and I'm glad we didn't but I am wondering who we are going to bring in to fill these roles.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I never had a strong opinion of Durde one way or the other. I liked what I heard but there are so many people involved with the DL in Dallas over the past 3 years that it's hard to know who did what. Very risky hire for a DC IMO. Very little experience and he has never done anything more than what he did here. I know I was worried we were going to hire him and I'm glad we didn't but I am wondering who we are going to bring in to fill these roles.
Durde is very sharp and a leader. I think he will so really well. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we end up losing Harris to a DC job now or next year as well

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durde is very sharp and a leader. I think he will so really well. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we end up losing Harris to a DC job now or next year as well
I just don’t know. What DL is it we give Durde credit for developing? Micah was a superstar from day 1 when he was playing LBer and is just a physical freak that seems to use his athletic prowess more than anything. Tank was good before he got here. All of our young guys seem to be disappointing in some way. Last years first round DT was a huge disappointment. I’m just trying to figure out if I should care Durde left or not and so far can’t come up with a reason to care. Maybe we want to give him credit for Osa? He has a raw guy in Williams that hasn’t developed into more than that Amd who still makes the same dumb mistakes. And the DL seem to talk about Quinn when talking about coaching.

The DL doesn’t maintain their responsibilities and struggles to stop the run. The DEs crash down too hard all the time and give up containment. They stunt so often that they take themselves out of the play half the time. They struggle to stop the run far too often. When this DL gets after the QB they are dynamic and absolute game wreckers but when they don’t they struggle greatly. Parsons gets double and triple teamed and no one else does anything. They have not played their best down the stretch all 3 years Durde was here.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i listened to this interview today. Gilmore also said he didn't agree with DLaw, said all playoff teams are tired.

DLAW pisses me off. I'd move on after next season.

Culture...it has to be more than just the money. This team needs Gilmore back for more reasons than just plays on the field.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
inmates can not run the asylum. Country club environment has been the issue much more than not. Perfect hire for this team at this time.
I could see Zimmer being the HC in Dallas next year. Sometimes changes are needed. I have been hoping for Zimmer's return since he left. The coddling approach does not win many Superbowls

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he make it better or worse?:scratch:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t know. What DL is it we give Durde credit for developing? Micah was a superstar from day 1 when he was playing LBer and is just a physical freak that seems to use his athletic prowess more than anything. Tank was good before he got here. All of our young guys seem to be disappointing in some way. Last years first round DT was a huge disappointment. I’m just trying to figure out if I should care Durde left or not and so far can’t come up with a reason to care. Maybe we want to give him credit for Osa? He has a raw guy in Williams that hasn’t developed into more than that Amd who still makes the same dumb mistakes. And the DL seem to talk about Quinn when talking about coaching.

The DL doesn’t maintain their responsibilities and struggles to stop the run. The DEs crash down too hard all the time and give up containment. They stunt so often that they take themselves out of the play half the time. They struggle to stop the run far too often. When this DL gets after the QB they are dynamic and absolute game wreckers but when they don’t they struggle greatly. Parsons gets double and triple teamed and no one else does anything. They have not played their best down the stretch all 3 years Durde was here.
Tank has played great. Osa has developed. Micah was a star, but I don't discredit his coaching because of his talent. Armstrong, Fowler and Hank have played well. We had a 208 pound safety and a 2nd year player at LB and we couldn't stop the run. I don't put that on the line coach. Mazi sucked, but that may not be on the coach. Pretty obvious the guy has a lot going for him to be made DC in Seattle. I bet he kicks ass. Let's you and I revisit this one in a couple of years

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons gets double and triple teamed and no one else does anything. They have not played their best down the stretch all 3 years Durde was here.
This ^^^^^. Says it all!!

I know very little about Durde. Not losing any sleep over his departure either. Pass rush was non existent down the stretch. I also not going to blame the lack of run stopping entirely on the safeties. Mazi got worse as the season went on.

Osa? I liked Osa at UCLA. I could see Osa being Zimmers next La roi Glover. I was expecting more sacks out of Osa to be honest.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^^^^. Says it all!!

I know very little about Durde. Not losing any sleep over his departure either. Pass rush was non existent down the stretch. I also not going to blame the lack of run stopping entirely on the safeties. Mazi got worse as the season went on.

Osa? I liked Osa at UCLA. I could see Osa being Zimmers next La roi Glover. I was expecting more sacks out of Osa to be honest.
That's not exactly true though. When Micah started to slow down in production, many times it was because teams schemed for him. When he played straight DE they ran right at him or ran quick passes to get rid of the ball quickly. I think Micah is better when he gets moved around to rush vs different players. That's one thing that intrigues me about Zimmer, Barr was a Pro Bowl rush LB under Zim and he doesn't have half Micah's talent. I disagree with PDay that this is a perfect hire, that would be Vrabel, but it could be a very good one

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i fell for this shit because I THOUGHT THIS DEFENSE WAS SPECIAL. I was wrong and I kick myself in the ass. I do not trust any of the defensive stars on this team.

I know this about Zimmer. He makes players play their assignments. He likes 245 plus LB's, and he makes the QB think by showing all kinds of presnap looks. I don't think he wants Fat Boys job. I think he's motivated to be the DC and show his shit. Zimmer is a defensive innovator in some ways.

I'm not going to pretend I know more about Vrabel that what I know from following football.

Opinions vary I suppose which remains fine with me.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not exactly true though. When Micah started to slow down in production, many times it was because teams schemed for him. When he played straight DE they ran right at him or ran quick passes to get rid of the ball quickly. I think Micah is better when he gets moved around to rush vs different players. That's one thing that intrigues me about Zimmer, Barr was a Pro Bowl rush LB under Zim and he doesn't have half Micah's talent. I disagree with PDay that this is a perfect hire, that would be Vrabel, but it could be a very good one
That is true about Micah. I think he needs to be moved around more than Quinn did it. Still if the refs would ever throw a holding flag maybe Micah gets 20 sacks instead of 14. If they moved him around more it harder to scheme and "hold" like you said.

Well I'm biased for Zimmer. Lol Who knows, this could implode and Vrabel could hired next year. Doesn't Vrabel run a 3-4?

Zimmer has got to fix the run defense or the same results will happen.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pick would be Jackson Powers-Johnson C Oregon. I would be racing up to podium if he is there at 24. An absolute mauler in the run game...I would trade a little to move up a few spots for him even.

Tyler Smith,Powers-Johnson and Martin would improve the yardage output. Powers Johnson is a force.