• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so, who thinks LeBron will opt out...?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron and Bosh are both going to the Knicks

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Lebron Quit with 6 mins to go....reminds me a lot of his last season on the Cavs....Btw of course he is going to opt out. This will force the Heat to re due his contract and hopefully rebuild the team after they max him out. Wouldnt make sense for him to not op out IMO. Now that doesn't mean he will leave, maybe just force the Heats hand. Which he should in all honesty.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Lebron Quit with 6 mins to go....reminds me a lot of his last season on the Cavs....Btw of course he is going to opt out. This will force the Heat to re due his contract and hopefully rebuild the team after they max him out. Wouldnt make sense for him to not op out IMO. Now that doesn't mean he will leave, maybe just force the Heats hand. Which he should in all honesty.

yo, Inimical...!!

finally found your way off of CBS...?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

of course you pay him....wade knows it and bosh does too. thats why you got bosh saying he will take less to stay and play with lebron. cant see wade opting out, that might just backfire on him if he does....

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt James is leaving Miami.

Bosh will go anywhere the biggest payday is

And Wade will stay

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not take a year or two off? There are more important things in life than sports. And the idea he is after championships comparable to other superstars is what turns so many people off to the NBA.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wade makes it sound like its over. im probably reading too much into it though

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also reading that the only player who has a contract for next season is Chalmers. Everyone else is off the books. This means that James can op out, also along with Chris and Dwayne. If they all take pay cuts, they can field a better team. Also i expect Spolestra to be Chopped. He really is Mike Brown 2.0, who btw made 15 million this year unemployed.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see him leaving.

I can't see him leaving for Cleaveland or LA (Lakers).

He would have to be incredibly stupid to go back to Cleaveland, and I honestly think he's pretty intelligent.

I don't think he would join the Lakers with Kobe still there and them being in the middle of a full blown rebuild.

If I had to bet on it, I would bet he stays. I think he trusts Riley to make the right moves for the team.
:laugh3: Sorry but this really had me laughing pretty hard....

please, please, please let there be a very special "the decision" part 2...he might as well go full villain at this point.
And the Decision should tell you something about his intelligence....but if he does it again I might truly die laughing, even if he says upfront this time it's all for charity.

My oh my they are already pushing it....

The Decision 2.0: Where will LeBron James end up after this debacle? - CBSSports.com

Also reading that the only player who has a contract for next season is Chalmers. Everyone else is off the books. This means that James can op out, also along with Chris and Dwayne. If they all take pay cuts, they can field a better team. Also i expect Spolestra to be Chopped. He really is Mike Brown 2.0, who btw made 15 million this year unemployed.
Hey Inimical!! How goes it brother?

My opinion, I think he bolts to NY if he goes anywhere.

Imagine Bron playing in the triangle playing along with Melo, Jr Smith, Chandler and Felton as starters and the bench of Stoudemire, Shumpert, Murry and Brown (Not sure who staying)

Brony just might get above .500 in NBA Final appearances.....:lol:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chalmers' contract is a team option. After this series, I seriously doubt the Heat exercise it.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, I almost agree with Doug Collins, I think LeBron stays in Miami. I wouldnt be surprised if he was the only one left though. Bosh might be too worried to opt out. I think if LeBron does opt out its a quick renegotiation internal deal. Really dont know where Bosh fits. If they all resign its not gonna get better with even less of a supporting cast when the three make up over 60 between them. The big three in San Antonio make 30, all took less, really really less to stay.

Really dont think we ever expected that they are so worried about not getting resigned in miami that none of them would opt out, but after this lack of performance with Wade and Bosh in the finals, how could they ask for more money?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, I almost agree with Doug Collins, I think LeBron stays in Miami. I wouldnt besurprised if he was the only one left though . Bosh might be too worried to opt out. I think if LeBron does opt out its a quick renegotiation internal deal. Really dont know where Bosh fits. If they all resign its not gonna get better with even less of a supporting cast when the three make up over 60 between them. The big three in San Antonio make 30, all took less, really really less to stay.

Really dont think we ever expected that they are so worried about not getting resigned in miami that none of them would opt out, but after this lack of performance with Wade and Bosh in the finals, how could they ask for more money?

dwade isn't going anywhere. he is owed 40 mil over the next 2 seasons. he already said he isn't taking a pay cut and no one is going to trade for him

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron quit and scored 31 points and grabbed 10 rebounds? Huh ok

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron had played the entire game when he went out in the 4th down by 20. Spo finally let him catch his breath and put in a 3pt shooting lineup. If a run starts he goes back in but it didn't.

Anyone trying to turn that into LeBron quitting is trying too hard

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dwade isn't going anywhere. he is owed 40 mil over the next 2 seasons. he already said he isn't taking a pay cut and no one is going to trade for him

He can still opt out thinking he is gonna renegotiate, so he might be doing them a favor. I wouldnt put it past Riley to tell them they were all getting deals and then not make the offer when they opt out. That was the deal, take (less) money to redo the deals in 4 years. Pretty sure it was planned this way. If they are stuck with Wade and Bosh they might not have a choice but to let the best player walk.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was discussing this at work with a co-worker(a life-long Cavs fan) who thinks that the likelihood of LeBron opting out and heading back to Cleveland is a very real possibility. i'm of the opinion he stays with the Heat, but i've seen him taking off being discussed on these boards as well. just opening it up for discussion...

This is the smartest thing Lebron could do IMO. Anywhere else he goes he is playing in the shadow of former great ( Chicago, LA ) or playing for a small market type team. I only really see him staying put or going to Cleveland and frankly the supposrting cast in Cleveland is better than what LBJ has in Miami right now. If you take Lebron and put him on Cleveland they are the EC favorites from the jump. Plus the goodwill he would garner by going back would all but erase the memory of the decision and if he wins a few titles there he cements his stauts as a top 5 all time great.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, putting aside my own personal wants... its easy to see what Cleveland has going for it in the LeBron chase.

I think Cleveland is the only team LeBron could go to without further hurting his reputation and likability in the eyes of a lot of fans. Staying in Miami wouldn't hurt it either, but going to Cleveland could actually help it.

IMO, the reputation and likability doesn't matter. Time will go by and your legacy will be what it is, regardless of how many fans liked or hated you at the time. (MJ is actually a better example of that than most people realize). BUT.... LeBron does seem to want to be liked, and I can see this having an impact. Its a character trait he's had since he was a kid.

On the other hand... Gilbert was a complete dick to him. So who knows.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, putting aside my own personal wants... its easy to see what Cleveland has going for it in the LeBron chase.

I think Cleveland is the only team LeBron could go to without further hurting his reputation and likability in the eyes of a lot of fans. Staying in Miami wouldn't hurt it either, but going to Cleveland could actually help it.

IMO, the reputation and likability doesn't matter. Time will go by and your legacy will be what it is, regardless of how many fans liked or hated you at the time. (MJ is actually a better example of that than most people realize). BUT.... LeBron does seem to want to be liked, and I can see this having an impact. Its a character trait he's had since he was a kid.

On the other hand... Gilbert was a complete dick to him. So who knows.

GT dont you think Cleveland gives LBJ a better shot to win multiple titles over the next 5-6 years as well?? Miami seems like they are at the end of the road and Cleveland is young and has some nice pieces and will add another after the draft. To me him going back to Cleveland helps his image AND helps him try to win more titles. Kind of a no brainer. I could see him staying in Miami too but it seems like all the better positives for him are back in Ohio.