• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so, who thinks LeBron will opt out...?

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was discussing this at work with a co-worker(a life-long Cavs fan) who thinks that the likelihood of LeBron opting out and heading back to Cleveland is a very real possibility. i'm of the opinion he stays with the Heat, but i've seen him taking off being discussed on these boards as well. just opening it up for discussion...
Why would he leave? Four visits to the finals in the past four years, a very supportive owner and a GM that knows the game well. I think LBJ takes a step back in a few weeks and sees that staying in Miami is the place he needs to be.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is truly funny is that even Lebron has said that he should have handled all of that differently, yet some of these folks still want to try and defend it.
Not only defend it but now want to call it 'genius'.
giggle.gif

But you're right tf, and he also relented recently saying:
"... if the shoe was on the other foot and I was a fan, and I was very passionate about one player, and he decided to leave, I would be upset too about the way he handled it."
In his defense hindsight is always 20/20.

(Now I'm defending LeBron :L)

That said, you would think that someone who was 'intelligent' would run through the scenarios on how this could play out from all obvious angles.

Let's face it, he had his brand to protect so it would have been smart to work through the scenarios. Had he done so, the red flags would have appeared and there should have been no relenting.