• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so, who thinks LeBron will opt out...?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was discussing this at work with a co-worker(a life-long Cavs fan) who thinks that the likelihood of LeBron opting out and heading back to Cleveland is a very real possibility. i'm of the opinion he stays with the Heat, but i've seen him taking off being discussed on these boards as well. just opening it up for discussion...

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I kinda think he might as well. Lebron really does seem to care what people think of him. His legacy in the eyes of some will be judged on leaving Cleveland the way he did, after failing on his promise to bring them a title.

Imo, the best thing for him would be to head back home and at least give the next few years trying to bring them a title.

Kyrie Irving
Andrew Wiggins
Lebron

Mark Jackson coaching...

That looks fairly dangerous to me.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont we already have an active thread on this?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I kinda think he might as well. Lebron really does seem to care what people think of him. His legacy in the eyes of some will be judged on leaving Cleveland the way he did, after failing on his promise to bring them a title.

Imo, the best thing for him would be to head back home and at least give the next few years trying to bring them a title.

Kyrie Irving
Andrew Wiggins
Lebron

Mark Jackson coaching...

That looks fairly dangerous to me.

when you look at the age of the Heat this DOES look tempting(especially when you add Wiggins, which everyone thinks the Cavs will draft). i doubt if he'd go if the Heat would've won another title this season, but even though i still think he stays put this would still have to be a thought in the back of his mind...

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will opt-in for one more year.

He will leave Miami, but next year seems like the far more attractive option.

They will be a lot more attractive landing spots where stars can team up.

He can follow whomever bolts to LA this offseason, or simply stand pat and join together.

Miami will be worse off actually if he does it though.....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he stays in Miami. I think he trusts Riley to upgrade the roster and address the weaknesses that the Spurs are exposing.

Having said that, if he does leave, I seriously doubt that he returns to Cleveland. Had Dan Gilbert not gone full retard and acted like a jilted high school girl when he left, there might be a chance. But I don't see Lebron going back to the Cavs unless Gilbert sells the team.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he stays in Miami. I think he trusts Riley to upgrade the roster and address the weaknesses that the Spurs are exposing.

Having said that, if he does leave, I seriously doubt that he returns to Cleveland. Had Dan Gilbert not gone full retard and acted like a jilted high school girl when he left, there might be a chance. But I don't see Lebron going back to the Cavs unless Gilbert sells the team.

the Gilbert factor was the EXACT point that i brought up yesterday, but the guy i was talking to seems to think the chance of winning would somehow immediately erase all the nastiness between the two...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Gilbert factor was the EXACT point that i brought up yesterday, but the guy i was talking to seems to think the chance of winning would somehow immediately erase all the nastiness between the two...

I agree. Plus, there are other teams that he can go to and win even more quickly than the Cavs. Drop Lebron onto the Bulls (for example) and you have the odds on favorite for next year.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron won't leave Miami. I honestly think if he left Miami, nobody would really care. Miami fans would just stop going to games cuz they are the worst fan base in the world. Lebron fans will just start watching cav games (if he goes back.) I honestly think he has 2 options. Go to Cleveland or stay in Miami. I don't think he likes being hated by The majority of Clevelanders that he pissed off on national tv. I think this finals will leave a bad taste in his mouth though, and he'll want to get back with Miami to cement his legacy with 3 titles in Miami before moving on. If anything I agree he takes the player option and tries to win another title for Miami then goes back to Cleveland to repair his image in his home state.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a thread going on Lebron heading to the Lakers, but the Cavs are now putting a young team together that might be of interest to him as well. But I actually do think he stays put. Wade and Bosh will be back and they'll probably revamp the lineup to put more talent and players who can actually play back in. Lebron has even indicated that he doesn't want to leave.. although, we all know how much that's worth. He seems to like to make these last minute exits that leave teams screwed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm up for a good Lebron bashing as much as anyone. However, in his defense, I find it funny that people say that he likes to leave teams. Lebron has left 1 team in his career, the Cavs. If he leaves Miami, then maybe we can say that he "leaves teams". Heck, Dwight Howard has left more teams than Lebron has. How many teams did Shaq play for? KG is on his 3rd team.

Saying Lebron "leaves teams" when he's only left one makes no more sense than claiming the Lakers are no longer a destination for FA's because Dwight left.

The days of a player spending his entire career with one franchise are pretty much over. Guys like Kobe and Timmy are a dying breed. As an "old school fan", I don't like it, but it is what it is.

Now ya bastards, quit making defend Lebron. :lol:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm up for a good Lebron bashing as much as anyone. However, in his defense, I find it funny that people say that he likes to leave teams. Lebron has left 1 team in his career, the Cavs. If he leaves Miami, then maybe we can say that he "leaves teams". Heck, Dwight Howard has left more teams than Lebron has. How many teams did Shaq play for? KG is on his 3rd team.

Saying Lebron "leaves teams" when he's only left one makes no more sense than claiming the Lakers are no longer a destination for FA's because Dwight left.

The days of a player spending his entire career with one franchise are pretty much over. Guys like Kobe and Timmy are a dying breed. As an "old school fan", I don't like it, but it is what it is.

Now ya bastards, quit making defend Lebron. :lol:

LMAO, like I'D ever do that...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Being a fan of a team clouds ones judgement at times. It's going to be hard to attract free agents alone simply for being in Cleveland which is arguably one of the most miserable cities in the country.

Couple that with the fact that Gilbert is a douche and his franchise is ran incompetently. I can't imagine anyone wanting to play their long term. This is the same franchise that's about to sign Kyrie Irving (who gets injured more often than Wade) to a max deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, I have no clue. I hope he goes back to Cleveland.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a fan of a team clouds ones judgement at times. It's going to be hard to attract free agents alone simply for being in Cleveland which is arguably one of the most miserable cities in the country.

Couple that with the fact that Gilbert is a douche and his franchise is ran incompetently. I can't imagine anyone wanting to play their long term. This is the same franchise that's about to sign Kyrie Irving (who gets injured more often than Wade) to a max deal.

You should follow the Browns for a year or two. They are the epitome of incompetence and set the bar so high that no others have any hope of reaching it. If the Cavs were the Browns, they would have already signed Greg Oden to a max deal.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should follow the Browns for a year or two. They are the epitome of incompetence and set the bar so high that no others have any hope of reaching it. If the Cavs were the Browns, they would have already signed Greg Oden to a max deal.

:laugh3:

LeBronMonsterDunk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see him leaving.

I can't see him leaving for Cleaveland or LA (Lakers).

He would have to be incredibly stupid to go back to Cleaveland, and I honestly think he's pretty intelligent.

I don't think he would join the Lakers with Kobe still there and them being in the middle of a full blown rebuild.

If I had to bet on it, I would bet he stays. I think he trusts Riley to make the right moves for the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the Heat are getting handled I'm sure Lebron is thinking about it. But I think the Big 3 try it again next year and see what happens. If Heat don't win it again then Lebron will be gone.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how much of his decision will come down to what happens to Wade. If Riley makes a good move and dumps Wade to get the Heat some help then Lebron would likely absolutely stay. If the Heat are looking to keep Wade and have him go into next season still as the starter he would have to think about it.

The Heat are not winning a title again with Wade as their starting SG. At this point in his career his body has just failed him. Pretty much his entire game was based on his quickness and ability to finish around the rim, and he has lost all of it now without ever fully developing an outside game he could fall back on.